HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:46 PM
Los Angeles, Ca
Joined Aug 2004
612 Posts
Help!
Lost Plane-Grass Mtn.-Reward

Lost my Dynamic 40 today at Grass. $150 reward if you can find and return it. White plane with yellow/blue tips, red/white stripes underside. about 100-200 yards downslope of road, a bit to left of the launch site.

Bill
BillDelHagen is offline Find More Posts by BillDelHagen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:25 AM
Sacramento, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,153 Posts
Dough! Sorry to hear that Bill. C'mon, let's hear the post-flight back-story -- how'd she go down...

Just finished mine this morning. It was a blast and really easy to build, really stout plane basically all carbon, surfaces are really tight, she rocks! For $300, I hear you can get the new flapped version... Or maybe a D80

Hope you get her back. Peace
KurtMc is offline Find More Posts by KurtMc
Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:36 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,203 Posts
Left or right (as viewed from the top) of the DS hump?

Grass Mtn is an unpleasant place to lose a plane.
I dropped a 3 meter plane into the brush just left of the DS hump only 30-40 feet
below the road and it it was not visible at all until I was within a wingspan of it. Located
it by sound. Took half an hour to get it and myself back out of there.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2010, 04:17 PM
The sky is my playground
Near the Ocean in Hunt. Beach Calif.
Joined Apr 2006
999 Posts
Bill is it right down the ridge where we turn marshalls sit during a MOM race there is really no place to view it from across the hill from the other side! If I recall the six foot high razor wire type bushes start down that ridge 100 to 200 feet. It's probably suspended up off the ground hope you find it I never did find my carbon Storm east of the backside DS face but hope you'll have better luck than me. The plane is so sweet it deserves a little more attention so maybe someone will post in that they hiked down that ridge and found it!!! Jimmi
flyboyjimi is offline Find More Posts by flyboyjimi
Old Jan 17, 2010, 09:20 PM
Los Angeles, Ca
Joined Aug 2004
612 Posts
Jimi: If you are standing in the normal flying spot and looking straight out across the valley, it is a bit to the left of that sight line, and to the west of the MoM light position knob. It'sa small plane and won't be easy to find unles a bush captured it in upper branches.
BillDelHagen is offline Find More Posts by BillDelHagen
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:00 AM
The sky is my playground
Near the Ocean in Hunt. Beach Calif.
Joined Apr 2006
999 Posts
Well, dont give up and hopefully someone will spot it. It doesn't sound like it's out of a short hike as opposed to down at the bottom of the hill We were thinkinking of going this week but 100 % humidity along with 40 degree temps. might set us back a week. I will look next time we go, and maybe if we all look for it someone will spot it see ya soon jimmi
flyboyjimi is offline Find More Posts by flyboyjimi
Old Jan 19, 2010, 08:27 PM
Grants Pass, Oregon
Joined Aug 2005
103 Posts
Grass Mtn Triangle

I must have spent at least 30 hours looking for Jimmys lost plane and only found remnants from years past. How you guys doing anyway? I haven't found any slopes near Grants Pass yet the closest being Point Blanco...about 3 1/2 hour drive. Maybe something soon!
Slopin Santa is offline Find More Posts by Slopin Santa
Old Jan 19, 2010, 08:38 PM
gas tires and oil
malad, idaho
Joined Dec 2004
2,434 Posts
yikes!
why didn't you fly it down to my landing area at the bottom bill??

those are some nasty bushes for sure. sounds like it should turn up with some of those guys that i saw last year climbing though the bush.
good luck mister.

marty
prplgoat is offline Find More Posts by prplgoat