PLD 3A linear BEC/BAC with LMA, LVA and dual-pack
After the rather unexpected (for me) success of the 1A BAC units I've been doing for the HLG/DLG/small-slope community, I have put together a 3A linear regulator which is more useful of course for larger setups.
* Accepts up to two 2S lipo inputs (only 1 required to operate)
* 5.5V output for added protection against brownouts under high loads
* Smooth linear regulation.
* Superior idle efficiency (compared to switchmode)
* Auto input battery leveling
* Auto pack disconnect if one pack collapses
* Reverse polarity input protection
* Low voltage alarm
* Audio alert
* Auto sensing LMA (lost-model-alarm)
* Onboard LED Voltage readout
* Electronic on/off switch with failsafe
* Detachable switch
* Heavy duty 22AWG leads
* JST input leads, ready for lipos
* 1.5A constant load in extreme conditions
* 2.5A constant load with cooling
* 3.0A peak loads for up to a minute
* High level of decoupling to ensure low ripple on output
* Mountable with 2mm screws
* Open chassis for maximum cooling effect
* Ideal for lipos from 300mAh-10C up to what ever size you need
For optimal operation, it is strongly recommended that the BAC3A be installed in a position where it receives good airflow across the heatsink. Without airflow, at 1.5A of load, the heatsink will exceed 80 degrees centigrade, with airflow that will drop to just above 40 (in an ambient of 30 degrees).
Available at http://www.nqrc.com/?vp=PLD-BAC3A
These devices are more expensive than a normal 5 cell pack but you get the advantage of the backup battery pack, voltage readout, low voltage alarm and the lost model alarm.
Compared to a switchmode BEC solution the linear BECs are much quieter, consume less power when the servos are idling and are less prone to failure.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|New Product||PLD-BAC: DLG 5V BEC + Alarm for 2S lipos||PLD||Hand Launch||544||Aug 30, 2015 04:51 AM|
|Sold||NIB PLD BAC-001 2S Lipo regulator||tewatson||Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W)||1||Mar 07, 2010 01:38 PM|
|Cool||DL50 with a PLD BAC-ESJ||neilmny||Hand Launch||27||May 10, 2009 03:20 AM|
|Discussion||Help with PLD-BAC-001||Smiler||Hand Launch||5||Jul 10, 2008 08:57 AM|
|Mini-Review||Alula Lipo Power with PLD-BAC-MINI-PIN||neilmny||Hand Launch||9||May 13, 2008 02:34 AM|