HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:24 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
I'll see if Eva can make up some 250mm length antennas for Aloft.

-Wayne
That would be great. But don't scrap the simple ones, which are ideal for many models. Charge a little extra for the "dipole" type and keep the plain ones available.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:30 AM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,907 Posts
Question here.
A friend wants to use a 4 channel rx in his wing. Can he use it without the jumpers and still get rx voltage and rssi? If he has to use jumpers he can't mix ele & ailer channels. I don't have one of these so I can't help him.
A10FLYR is offline Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:46 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,480 Posts
Not for a D4R, when ch 3 and 4 are jumpered, even ch 1/2 no more have real meaning.
Without jumper he can get rx voltage but no rssi for osd, only RSSI on tx display.

Maybe he can use a D8R and mix ch 1/2 into an upper channel, any 5-8, this is possible. And still have RSSI on ch2.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:06 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,907 Posts
Thx Ren....I think he should just use a 6 ch rx, take the "case" off and be done with it!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:12 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,480 Posts
Still not sure what RSSI he needs, on radio side, to have a signal quality check, or on receiver side, for OSD.
If not need for receiver side RSSI, then D4R unjumpered works very well.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:16 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,907 Posts
At this point I think he just wants rssi for "plane locator".
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:43 PM
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A10FLYR View Post
Question here.
A friend wants to use a 4 channel rx in his wing. Can he use it without the jumpers and still get rx voltage and rssi? If he has to use jumpers he can't mix ele & ailer channels. I don't have one of these so I can't help him.
Yes.. No jumpers it acts as a normal receiver with 4 channels. The telemetry will report the receiver voltage and RSSI back to the transmitter module.

You only need the jumpers if you are going to use CPPM or RSSI output for an OSD (On Screen Data).

-Wayne
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:45 PM
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
That would be great. But don't scrap the simple ones, which are ideal for many models. Charge a little extra for the "dipole" type and keep the plain ones available.
In about a week we will have the new 250mm length antennas with the little "cans" on them. We will also have all of the other antennas.

-Wayne
Rotozuk is offline Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:09 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,907 Posts
Thx Wayne....
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:19 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,587 Posts
Quote:
In about a week we will have the new 250mm length antennas with the little "cans" on them. We will also have all of the other antennas.

-Wayne
Wayne, you're the man.. thanks..
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:22 PM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
5,227 Posts
$?

http://www.microtechnics.eu/detail.p...qhs9srbd8g2ig7

and the price?
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:20 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,120 Posts
Wayne or Chase or Eva,

The X9D lists it has an internal 2.4 system.
Quote:
Internal FrSky telemetry module with new PXX protocol

- One slot for external module, Graupner/JR format, which allows use of many already existing modules and their corresponding receivers like:

. FrSky DJT ( if you want double emission system or to continue using V8FR, V8R7 and V8R4 FrSky first generation receivers)

Will the internal system be compatable with the current FrSky telemetry and non telemetry receivers or will I need to get a DJT module to use them? Is the internal only the PXX format or will it also work PPM?
If it has an internal, under what conditions would one want to do double emmission as listed in the quote above from the previous post's link?

It sounds like without a DJT, we will not be able to use exisiting non telemetry receivers. Is this true?

Since I am a 9303 fan, I like the looks of the prototype.

thanks

Frank
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Jan 22, 2013, 05:42 PM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
957 Posts
Quote:
In about a week we will have the new 250mm length antennas with the little "cans" on them.
That's great, and quick, thank you! I got the 400s and as I suspected there is way too much extra cable for my needs. The 250mm length should be perfect!

-Max
maximal is offline Find More Posts by maximal
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:39 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2High View Post
Wayne or Chase or Eva,

The X9D lists it has an internal 2.4 system.

Will the internal system be compatable with the current FrSky telemetry and non telemetry receivers or will I need to get a DJT module to use them? Is the internal only the PXX format or will it also work PPM?
If it has an internal, under what conditions would one want to do double emmission as listed in the quote above from the previous post's link?

It sounds like without a DJT, we will not be able to use exisiting non telemetry receivers. Is this true?

Since I am a 9303 fan, I like the looks of the prototype.

thanks

Frank
Good question.
If it does not support the V series in native mode then this is a big negative for me.
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:16 PM
United States, FL, Indialantic
Joined Mar 2012
207 Posts
Hello,
I've recently began using FrSky equipment on my modded 9x radio with Open9x firmware. I have 2 different 2 way RXs and I've been getting low RSSI alarms at very short ranges (<500'). I haven't changed the levels in my radio, I think they are set at around 45 or 50 before the alarm goes off. Does anyone know what an acceptable level is for the alarms to be set or if what I'm experiencing is unusual? I get the same results with 2 different receivers. When performing a range check, I get about 150' before I notice any glitching, unless I put my body between the TX and RX. Then it's slightly shorter.

Thanks for any help,
Chris
Calla969 is offline Find More Posts by Calla969