On the module's label
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:24 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,216 Posts
I wonder if MelihK knows... ...

Anyway, OpenLRS wasn't a stellar design, I don't know about flights longer than 15km, less than 10km with the stock antennas shown in the movie, that can be done even with Frsky with proper antennas.
Probably will be in the same league as coming XJT module, in LR mode, transmitting with 200-400mW.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Last edited by renatoa; Nov 28, 2012 at 03:31 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:38 AM
Philippines, Central Luzon, City of San Fernando
Joined Aug 2012
33 Posts
good day everyone. need some clarification regarding FLD-02, D8R-II PLUS.
on the menu, what should be the volt ratio? i'm using 3S lipo. can i use the voltage alarm by just using the jumper on x-A1 on the D8R-II PLUS? my sensors haven't arrived yet.
voltzmd is offline Find More Posts by voltzmd
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:44 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Design was good, it was just lacking some power with just 100mW. But 10km on stock antennas is enough for many who just want to do 3-5km without having to worry, and for cheaper than other common LRS. Knowing HK it will be dirt cheap again.

BTW the new OpenLRS TXs Melih released a couple of weeks ago have 1W modules, so that will change the game a bit. He doesn't offer 100mW versions anymore, so HK won't be exactly competing, except for the receivers of course.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:47 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltzmd View Post
on the menu, what should be the volt ratio? i'm using 3S lipo. can i use the voltage alarm by just using the jumper on x-A1 on the D8R-II PLUS? my sensors haven't arrived yet.
For X-A1 ratio of 4, for the sensor it depends which pad the battery is connected to (see manual when you get it).

X-A1 measures the receiver's own voltage, so if it's supplied by a BEC it's useless. It will just always measure the regulator's constant output voltage, not the battery voltage.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:54 AM
Joined Aug 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah View Post
For X-A1 ratio of 4, for the sensor it depends which pad the battery is connected to (see manual when you get it).

X-A1 measures the receiver's own voltage, so if it's supplied by a BEC it's useless. It will just always measure the regulator's constant output voltage, not the battery voltage.
thanks for the quick reply. so it will be of no use for now until i get the sensor. i dont need to set any alarm yet.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:15 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,216 Posts
You can build yourself such "sensor", as explained here, but not use values from that post, use any resistors in the 1/3 ratio, like 1k and 3k, or 3.3k and 10k, etc...
Last edited by renatoa; Nov 28, 2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:45 AM
Joined Aug 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
You can build yourself such "sensor, as explained here, but not use values from that post, use any resistors in the 1/3 ratio, like 1k and 3k, or 3.3k and 10k, etc...
hi renato thanks for the info. sorry i'm not good at those resistors. i'm not that good with electronics stuff, i'm a surgeon by profession so electronics is really not my field. i have been reading alot of things in RCG which got me hooked to this hobby. enjoying the hobby and starting out for a few months now. haven't even flashed my 9x to er9x 'coz of the solderings and fw stuff but will soon get there. i already bought the usb programmer from HK and will flash my 9x once i have time. hopefully the sensors i ordered will arrive next week so that i could check if everything will be ok on my plane set up.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:26 AM
Crash Test Pilot
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jul 2012
380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltzmd View Post
hi renato thanks for the info. sorry i'm not good at those resistors. i'm not that good with electronics stuff, i'm a surgeon by profession so electronics is really not my field. i have been reading alot of things in RCG which got me hooked to this hobby. enjoying the hobby and starting out for a few months now. haven't even flashed my 9x to er9x 'coz of the solderings and fw stuff but will soon get there. i already bought the usb programmer from HK and will flash my 9x once i have time. hopefully the sensors i ordered will arrive next week so that i could check if everything will be ok on my plane set up.
Voltzmd...if you aren't comfortable with soldering but still want the
Ability to flash your tx, try this:

http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/ind...roducts_id=331
Levictus is offline Find More Posts by Levictus
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined Aug 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levictus View Post
Voltzmd...if you aren't comfortable with soldering but still want the
Ability to flash your tx, try this:

http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/ind...roducts_id=331
read about the smartieparts board and its a good option but i already have the usb programmer. saw a vid in you tube and i think i can follow what he did. just need to complete some of the things needed to start converting to er9x. he made it alot simpler even i can do it. i think.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:47 AM
Norway, Troms, Skjervoy
Joined Jul 2012
847 Posts
do i need the original cable from frsky to do a update on my D8R-II Plus ?
bjornthans is online now Find More Posts by bjornthans
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fall is here in the north
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:10 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,216 Posts
Which original update cable ?!
Even today, none of the FUC is appropriate right from the box to program a receiver, without additional DIY adapter !
If you have around an old style COM port you can build yourself the cable from a servo extender and a serial line 9 pin plug.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:52 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Which original update cable ?!
Even today, none of the FUC is appropriate right from the box to program a receiver, without additional DIY adapter !
If you have around an old style COM port you can build yourself the cable from a servo extender and a serial line 9 pin plug.
You mean this one is not appropriate as it is? this one came with my DJT and it is a serial cable.. My guess is if we change the plug to a servo plug, we might be able to program the receivers as they are RS232 also??

I also have the USB/serial frsky cable.. original.. With a little plug change wouldn't that also work?
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:56 PM
Happy FPV flyer
Joined Sep 2006
4,898 Posts
What he said is that none of the frsky cables have the right (3-pin) plug to upgrade a receiver, so one has to do a little adapter from the 4-pin plug to a 3-pin one.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:21 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,534 Posts
that's what I said..
Oh wait, maybe my English is not very good today.. well, never was in first place
But I also meant that if we already have one of these cables we don't need to build another one with a 9 pin serial plug and a servo extender, because that what we already have.. just need to change the plug or make an adapter..
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa