SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:12 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,162 Posts
I notice there are a bunch of models available now; DF, DJT, FF - which do I need to use with Turnigy 9X v2 with ER9X firmware? Thanks
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2012, 08:31 PM
Flying a Chipmunk in Portugal
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,471 Posts
The DJT fits the tx module bay. that's what I use on one of my 9x with er9x and the telemetry mod.
On my new 9x I use The DHT. It's the DIY module and it is installed inside the radio. The power and ppm wires must be soldered. But I regret it a little. should have bought the DJT instead..
If you're looking for an easy install go with the DJT. If later you decide to modify the 9x to receive the frsky telemetry and display it on it's LCD display, it's also possible.

Joćo
jhsa is online now Find More Posts by jhsa
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:35 AM
mmmmm....BEER
Launceston, Tasmania
Joined Jan 2010
186 Posts
Hi Guys,

I posted this on another forum but haven't had a response....hoping someone here may be able to assist.

I need some help/advice. I'm using FrSky D8R-11 Plus Rx's in my competition gliders. These models are all carbon except for the front of the fuz forward of the wing LE which is 2.4GHz friendly (glass/kevlar). I've found that the best orientation for reception with the standard antennas is across the bottom of the fuz with one (in a curved plastic tube glued to the bottom) and on top of the battery running in line with the fuz with the other. However, in some orientations I'm getting some blanketing and consequently RSSI beeps even down to 150m away. Particularly when flying towards me. I'm thinking of using one of these http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=309 OR one one of these: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=128 (in an inverted V) for the antenna over the battery.

Any suggestions which one would be best?
Boagy is offline Find More Posts by Boagy
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:08 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagy View Post
Hi Guys,

I posted this on another forum but haven't had a response....hoping someone here may be able to assist.
I'll PM you.
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Old Jul 09, 2012, 08:07 AM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa View Post
The DJT fits the tx module bay. that's what I use on one of my 9x with er9x and the telemetry mod.
On my new 9x I use The DHT. It's the DIY module and it is installed inside the radio. The power and ppm wires must be soldered. But I regret it a little. should have bought the DJT instead..
If you're looking for an easy install go with the DJT. If later you decide to modify the 9x to receive the frsky telemetry and display it on it's LCD display, it's also possible.

Joćo
Much appreciated!
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
Old Jul 09, 2012, 11:03 AM
Johninarky
Rogers,Arkansas
Joined Jul 2005
178 Posts
Antenna placement

How do you guys mount the Rx antenna's on removable wing electric planes?
John
jlremr is offline Find More Posts by jlremr
Old Jul 09, 2012, 11:58 AM
Aloft Hobbies
United States, CA, Novato
Joined Sep 2003
5,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boagy View Post
Hi Guys,

I need some help/advice. I'm using FrSky D8R-11 Plus Rx's in my competition gliders. These models are all carbon except for the front of the fuz forward of the wing LE which is 2.4GHz friendly (glass/kevlar). I've found that the best orientation for reception with the standard antennas is across the bottom of the fuz with one (in a curved plastic tube glued to the bottom) and on top of the battery running in line with the fuz with the other. However, in some orientations I'm getting some blanketing and consequently RSSI beeps even down to 150m away. Particularly when flying towards me. I'm thinking of using one of these http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=309 OR one one of these: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=128 (in an inverted V) for the antenna over the battery.

Any suggestions which one would be best?
I would keep the battery away from the antenna. The battery is a good little metal wall. Try and keep your antenna wires as far away from other wires as you can. I know in the gliders this is far easier said then done. I also like to have one antenna vertical, and the other horizontal. It can all be done though..

All of the FrSky 400 and 600mm length antennas now have the bullet style ends like your first link. I just have not updated the photos on my website.

FrSky likes to make improvements to the product line. DHT-U now includes the FMS mounting arm, the VD5M now includes a set of micro connectors, etc.

-Wayne
and Aloft Hobbies has them all!
Rotozuk is online now Find More Posts by Rotozuk
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Rotozuk; Jul 09, 2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:50 PM
Aloft Hobbies
Joined Sep 2003
5,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlremr View Post
How do you guys mount the Rx antenna's on removable wing electric planes?
John
In the fuselage. I hardly ever run an antenna out onto a wing of any planes.
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: FrSky in Chicago!
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:56 PM
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,297 Posts
Im going to convert my DX7 to FRsky using the DHT DIY kit (from Aloft hobbies)
Excellent customer support and somebody who actually picks up the phone and takes the time to answer your questions!
Any particular issues or tips with this conversion that I should know about?
Im planning not using the DMS2 module anymore, only the FRsky.
I could not find pictures or a specific build thread of this particular conversion, if anybody can so kind a point me to one It would be great!
Thanks in advance!
yucafrita is offline Find More Posts by yucafrita
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:52 PM
Aloft Hobbies
Joined Sep 2003
5,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yucafrita View Post
Im going to convert my DX7 to FRsky using the DHT DIY kit (from Aloft hobbies)
Excellent customer support and somebody who actually picks up the phone and takes the time to answer your questions!
Any particular issues or tips with this conversion that I should know about?
Im planning not using the DMS2 module anymore, only the FRsky.
I could not find pictures or a specific build thread of this particular conversion, if anybody can so kind a point me to one It would be great!
Thanks in advance!
Good talking with you this morning.
I found this photo that I think shows the plug you need:

Taken from this web page:
http://www.fpvmanuals.com/2011/03/17...ezuhf-or-tlrs/

While they are hooking up something different, it is the same basic 3 wires you need for the DHT or DHT-U.

-Wayne
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: FrSky in Chicago!
Old Jul 09, 2012, 05:23 PM
mmmmm....BEER
Launceston, Tasmania
Joined Jan 2010
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
I also like to have one antenna vertical, and the other horizontal. It can all be done though.
Strangely, this was how I originally placed the antennas ........but had many RSSI beeps even at only 150-200m. The current orientation of the antennas significantly reduced the beeps to only an occasional few. At the moment just trying to optimise the setup.

thanks

Steve
Boagy is offline Find More Posts by Boagy
Old Jul 09, 2012, 06:12 PM
USA, FL, Doral
Joined Jul 2006
1,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk View Post
Good talking with you this morning.
I found this photo that I think shows the plug you need:

Taken from this web page:
http://www.fpvmanuals.com/2011/03/17...ezuhf-or-tlrs/

While they are hooking up something different, it is the same basic 3 wires you need for the DHT or DHT-U.

-Wayne
Thanks for the pic Wayne! Order placed for the DHT and 2 6 channels rx's with telemetry!
yucafrita is offline Find More Posts by yucafrita
Old Jul 09, 2012, 08:40 PM
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,471 Posts
Help Needed

Guys the link below is a post from a fellow modeller that is in big trouble.. Maybe someone here could be of some help or know someone that could help..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=16279
Old Jul 09, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined May 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
I notice there are a bunch of models available now; DF, DJT, FF - which do I need to use with Turnigy 9X v2 with ER9X firmware? Thanks
FrSky DFT module is for Futaba format, and 9x is Jr format, so you should go with DHT-U, or DJT, or DHT.

Both of these are telemetry module, for DHT & DHT-U you need to do some fine soldering work (may find some friends for help if you can't finish it yourself) and for DJT you just need to plug it into model slot which is at the back side of 9x.

You can follow the guide by Rob Thomson from 9x forums:FRSKYTelemetry.pdf

N.B.: DHT-U has it's own LCD screen and DHT don't, as for 9x v2 you need remove some plastic in side of the module slot to make DJT fit, see here.

If you like our products, please follow us on Facebook
Zeeland is offline Find More Posts by Zeeland
Old Jul 10, 2012, 03:36 AM
NRW, Germany
Joined Sep 2010
3,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeland View Post
as for 9x v2 you need remove some plastic in side of the module slot to make DJT fit, see here.
You only need to do that if you bought one of the radios that HK is selling without module..
Last edited by jhsa; Jul 10, 2012 at 08:07 AM.