SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:47 PM
Eden Prairie, MN
Joined May 2008
333 Posts
You guys are really on the ball and I feel like you really listen you your customers.
Thanks,
Curtis
Beau0090_99 is offline Find More Posts by Beau0090_99
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2010, 04:11 AM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,889 Posts
[QUOTE]We have the plan of two way radio system for 12channel in higher performance in the second half of this year/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info Jonathan.
Awaiting eagerly.
Skies.
Jay.
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:07 AM
Joined Mar 2008
116 Posts
Hallo brubru,

to your question regarduing the capacitor.

In the flysky unit there is a 7805 regulator I soldered this out and soldered a
low drop one in. There a three pins input,ground an 5 v .I installed it direct on the input
pin to ground.There is now only a low amount of change in the voltage reading of the
MPX 3010 Radio,but its a good control the 2.4 modul is working.

Werner
flyer5 is offline Find More Posts by flyer5
Old Apr 20, 2010, 04:04 PM
Joined Feb 2008
67 Posts
Dear Flyer 5

I have this kind of trouble with an assan module , flickering of volt indication .

it is for this reason i wish to apply the mod with the capacitor .

i don't know if your mod with the regulator could be apply

I also read the post with capacitor

Thank's

Bruno
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer5 View Post
Hallo brubru,

to your question regarduing the capacitor.

In the flysky unit there is a 7805 regulator I soldered this out and soldered a
low drop one in. There a three pins input,ground an 5 v .I installed it direct on the input
pin to ground.There is now only a low amount of change in the voltage reading of the
MPX 3010 Radio,but its a good control the 2.4 modul is working.

Werner
brubru is offline Find More Posts by brubru
Old Apr 20, 2010, 04:08 PM
Joined Feb 2008
67 Posts
Dear Manuel

Could you explain more your mod with the capacitor

I have the same trouble with a MX 16 and an Assan module and a baregraph flickering

Thank's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Silva View Post
I installed a JR module on a MX-16s transmitter, I follow the this procedure http://www.mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/JetiUmbau. I tried to install is inside of the transmitter but due to the shorter cable to the antenna I had to install it outside, what in terms of size off all transmitter is not so good. So my suggestion is in hack modules the antenna cable should be longer my be around 14 centimeters.

After some time I notice some jitter on the servos that I connect just to test the module TX and RX, looking to the display of the transmitter First i thought it was some interference of the 2,4ghz RF in the control module of the tx, and put all the cable way but the problem continue. Looking to the TX I saw the bar graph of the voltage indicator was moving slightly up/down. I took the scope and saw a lot of ripple in the power line generated by the module. I connected the power of the module directly to the battery terminal but there was no difference at all. the I installed 2 4.7uF tantalum capacitors in the input of the module in parallel with 10uF capacitor and the problem almost disappear. No bar voltage display moving, we can not ear any jitter from the servos.
Does any one had a similar problem?
brubru is offline Find More Posts by brubru
Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:23 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
brubru, Dont worry, I have 7 radios (yes its true )

And some of them have 2.4ghz "hacks" some are also dual hack with a switch.

I see this flicker in voltage to most of my radios and different systems, so dont worry.

I can see it in my JR PCM9XII radio with the Assan v2 JR Module and also with the FrSky JR module. If there where any problems having these moduls in radios that are module based just because the voltage flickers, then they wouldnt been sold.

Of course you can solder a capacitor to reduce some of the voltage flicker, but it is not doing any harm.

I also see this flicker in my WFT 09 radio with a Futaba Corona 2.4ghz module in the back.

As you see these are all module based radios with modules made to use in these radios.

I also have a Graupner mx-12 with a FlySKy "hack" in it, it also flickers a bit, but no problem at all, been flying it for over 1 year..

If you want to get ride of the flicker a bit, yes you can solder a capacitor, but if you are wooried about the module or radio to break because of this, dont panic, it wont break..
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:30 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
These is how you do if its important to you...
Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:32 PM
Oporto Portugal
Joined Sep 2007
292 Posts
Hello Brubru.

I had the problem of TX voltage bargraph flickering. First I installed 2X4,7 tantalum capacitors in the power input line (PCB) of the module in parallel with the already existing 40uf capacitor (I guess), and the problem disappear. After some use of the transmitter the battery went down a little and the problem came again, but with less variation, then I removed the 2X4,7uF and installed a 47uF tantalum capacitor and a .01uF ceramic capacitor to decouple RF. With these capacitors there are no problems.

Regards,
Manuel Silva
Manuel Silva is offline Find More Posts by Manuel Silva
Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:33 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
Manuel Silva, its very interesting, that you did get jitter on servos first, then they went away with a capacitor, I havent noticed this in any of my radios with or without an internal "hack".

Maybee its something with the mx-16 and FrSky ? do you have the JR FrSKy module "hacked" into your mx-16 ?

Sebbe..
Old Apr 20, 2010, 07:15 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,817 Posts
A question to you all with FrSky:

I see that my LED on the JR FrSky Module is flickering, Have someone noticed it ?

I have it installed in a JR PCM9XII radio, same as the JR 9303. and running 8NiMh batteries.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 07:42 PM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
A question to you all with FrSky:

I see that my LED on the JR FrSky Module is flickering, Have someone noticed it ?

I have it installed in a JR PCM9XII radio, same as the JR 9303. and running 8NiMh batteries.
Two-way system or the V8 ?
The two-way flickers when receiving packets from the RX (remote). V8 I don't know yet.
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Old Apr 20, 2010, 07:50 PM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubru View Post
Dear Manuel

Could you explain more your mod with the capacitor

I have the same trouble with a MX 16 and an Assan module and a baregraph flickering

Thank's
Guys I wonder if this is really necessary. The culprit could actually be shiet TX battery quality. By that I mean if you are using old eight cell NiCd packs or even NiMh packs the internal resistance of the packs may be the 'real' problem. As packs age they get worse and worse in being able to deliver high peak current with little volt drop.
It could be a sign that it's time for a fresh TX pack or move to LiPo's.

Has anybody tried that (new fresh TX pack) to see if I'm right or partially right here ?

Also, if you are going to fit a capasitor, I'd use at LEAST 100uF and I'd buy a Low ESR type like designed for switching power supplies (more expensive).
I'd fit it inside the radio, across the two power pins going to the module socket. The power pins are different positions for Futaba or JR, you need to get it right. Ground pin is the same.
Martin
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Old Apr 20, 2010, 09:44 PM
Joined Apr 2007
161 Posts
Don't know but I have installed the DIY module into my DX7 and I have no flickering LED. I have however a Lipo installed. I have the older NiMh pack still I can charge it overnight and plug it in and see if that makes a difference.
kneedrag is offline Find More Posts by kneedrag
Old Apr 21, 2010, 03:44 AM
Angleton, Texas
Joined Mar 2007
307 Posts
Information on FrSKY 2.4, DIY Hack Module, Photos.

Got my FRSKY Hack Module today, for converting my Airtronics Vision 8SP radio fron 72mhz to 2.4 ghz. The module is very small. It should fit easily in most any 72mhz radio needing to be converted to 2.4ghz. The RF board has separate Led board with Binding button attached with a 148mm long wire harness. This will let you mount the LED and button where you want it.
I've attached a photo of the module.
The basic size info is: RF Board 45mm x 35 mm x 6mm thick
Power/PPM cable 85mm
LED/Bind Board 25mm x 15 mm
Led/Bind cable 148mm
Antenna Cable 120mm with remote mount
Antenna 110mm....87mm bent 90 degrees
TexasThermalKing is offline Find More Posts by TexasThermalKing
Old Apr 21, 2010, 03:55 AM
Perth WA
Joined Feb 2007
1,041 Posts