HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 17, 2010, 06:31 AM
New York
Joined Nov 2003
509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedrag View Post
I have been given word that the 7ch is ready to order from FrSky. So expect shops to have it in the next week or two.

Any idea what the weight of Rx is?
MGeo is offline Find More Posts by MGeo
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2010, 08:42 AM
United Kingdom, England, Lancs
Joined Apr 2005
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan-FrSky View Post
Thanks for your question and attention. The weight of V8FR is about 13.8g. And FrSky will release a new Rx of 7 channel with about weight of 7g at the end of this March.
VinceHaworth is offline Find More Posts by VinceHaworth
Old Apr 17, 2010, 03:11 PM
Joined Apr 2007
161 Posts
I was told it weighs 7.5g. Will see in about 2 weeks when my stock arrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceHaworth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan-FrSky View Post
Thanks for your question and attention. The weight of V8FR is about 13.8g. And FrSky will release a new Rx of 7 channel with about weight of 7g at the end of this March.
kneedrag is offline Find More Posts by kneedrag
Old Apr 17, 2010, 06:46 PM
Oporto Portugal
Joined Sep 2007
292 Posts
Frsky Module Servo smoothness

I installed a Frsky 2.4 GHz JR Module in my transmitter, bind the transmitter with the receiver, also did the range test and so far everything was OK. All of those tests were made with analogic servos. When I connected a digital servo from hitec we could see some kind of the oscillation on the movement when we run the servo at median speed, at low or high speed we do not feel almost anything, also with the analogic servo we do not see so much vibration. A friend that files helicopters bought 1 module and 5 receivers but do not use any of those because he found the same problem and helicopters are more sensitive. If we hold the servo with the hand, we can also feel the non linearity of the movement, as well as more noise. The same servo used on a 35MHz transmitter/receiver has a smother movement. This vibration may not affect the airplanes, I didn't try yet.

Does any one have seen this problem?

Regards,
Manuel Silva
Manuel Silva is offline Find More Posts by Manuel Silva
Old Apr 17, 2010, 06:53 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
I have seen reports of similar behaviour for various systems. Some things people have done that have helped in some cases include:

* Ensure that Rx power supply is fully charged, healthy and has clean contacts
* Ensure the Tx is at least 2m away from the Rx
* Connect a 4.7uF capacitor across the + and - pins on a spare channel on the Rx
* Connect a 4.7uF (or larger) capacitor across the + and - pins at the input of the Tx module
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Apr 17, 2010, 07:10 PM
Joined Apr 2007
161 Posts
Just finished installing the Hack module into my DX7. Just need to do the hole drilling for the extra switches etc. Will post the video of it once I have completed but so far it is looking alright. Just extended the life of my DX7 I think. ;-)
Old Apr 17, 2010, 08:04 PM
Balsa addiction since age 3
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Just finished installing the Hack module into my DX7. Just need to do the hole drilling for the extra switches etc. Will post the video of it once I have completed but so far it is looking alright. Just extended the life of my DX7 I think. ;-)
Where did you find the hack module?
Scott
ScottSails is offline Find More Posts by ScottSails
Old Apr 17, 2010, 09:44 PM
Joined Apr 2007
161 Posts
My stock of them arrived this weekend. The other distributors should be getting them soon if they ordered them.

On a side note I just flew my leadfeather Yak around the Yard on my FrSky'ed DX7. One the downside I think I fried my DX7 module. Little LED no longer lights up but the regulator gets warm. Going to check for bad solder joints now but if not bugger. As I wanted it for an bnf MSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSails View Post
Where did you find the hack module?
Scott
Old Apr 17, 2010, 09:49 PM
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,253 Posts
Quote:
My stock of them arrived this weekend. The other distributors should be getting them soon if they ordered them.

On a side note I just flew my leadfeather Yak around the Yard on my FrSky'ed DX7. One the downside I think I fried my DX7 module. Little LED no longer lights up but the regulator gets warm. Going to check for bad solder joints now but if not bugger. As I wanted it for an bnf MSR.

Sorry you burned your DX7 module - that sucks...
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:08 PM
Joined Apr 2007
161 Posts
Yeah I am a bit bummed but at least I still have the dx6i for the BNF stuff. Was hoping to have an all in one TX.

But I know what my mistake was, I put the FrSky bind button and led below the Spektrum bind button and went there is more than enough clearance. Seems there was not and when I flicked the switch to test the dx7 side after I closed it up well it fried... Busy putting a bit of card between it now.

On the bright side my FrSky conversions on my fleet of planes continues. Motivation to swap them out faster now. ;-)

Once I finish putting the tx back together I will start editing the conversion video and show you how not to install the hack mod. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSails View Post
Sorry you burned your DX7 module - that sucks...
Old Apr 18, 2010, 05:21 AM
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Yeah I am a bit bummed but at least I still have the dx6i for the BNF stuff. Was hoping to have an all in one TX.

But I know what my mistake was, I put the FrSky bind button and led below the Spektrum bind button and went there is more than enough clearance. Seems there was not and when I flicked the switch to test the dx7 side after I closed it up well it fried... Busy putting a bit of card between it now.

On the bright side my FrSky conversions on my fleet of planes continues. Motivation to swap them out faster now. ;-)

Once I finish putting the tx back together I will start editing the conversion video and show you how not to install the hack mod. ;-)
ON a brighter note - it is "funny" how you came up with your name - I assume it is from that video...

Scott
Old Apr 18, 2010, 08:48 PM
Joined Apr 2007
161 Posts
Which video would that be?

My nick came from a sport I used to take part in. Used to race bikes on the main circuit so most of my spare time I was dragging my knee around the track practicing.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 09:10 PM
Upstate NY
Joined May 2005
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Which video would that be?

My nick came from a sport I used to take part in. Used to race bikes on the main circuit so most of my spare time I was dragging my knee around the track practicing.
I thought i saw a video of someone launching a plane that fell on his knees then face... Plane looked okay...

Thought it was you but looks like I am mistaken.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 03:26 AM
Joined Apr 2007
161 Posts
I have done that with a DLG... Don't think there was video evidence of it however. ;-)
Old Apr 19, 2010, 08:26 AM
Wuxi, China
Joined Nov 2009
16 Posts
V8FT's latest case

V8FT's latest case is improved now.
jonathan-FrSky is offline Find More Posts by jonathan-FrSky