HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:22 AM
Latvia, Riga
Joined May 2010
630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Why me the test person?! I am always wrong :P
If someone post such solution, should come with some evidence of the expected results, right?
As I read this forum I see that you are maybe the most knowledgeable person about FrSky.
I don't know Is sbsolute-zero able to do this.

Just wanted to inform about this find. Maybe this information is needed to someone and he could tell all other does it work well. Not obligatory you.

I don't have ability to check this because don't have OSD(just thinking which to choose) and also weather is bad for range check.

I don't think you are always wrong. I just think you are the best.
kristaps_r is online now Find More Posts by kristaps_r
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:51 PM
flypiggyfly...ya ya
USA, WI, Sturgeon Bay
Joined Apr 2009
116 Posts
Hello, I have gone through this entire thread and I have not been able to find out if the FrSky V8HT 2.4Ghz DIY Hack Module can be installed in a Futaba 7FGK. I do not want to use the plug in module type because I want a clean interior install with antenna coming out of Xmitter top and not sticking out the back, and also want to be able to put bind button/light on the front or top.

There is no mention about positive or negative shift and am not sure if it is even relevant. Could could someone please answer this simple question so I can install the module. Crumps, there's only three wires that need be attached, but do I have to reverse the shift or does it not matter?

Thanks, John
wizzinbya is offline Find More Posts by wizzinbya
Last edited by wizzinbya; Jan 19, 2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 01:12 AM
it WILL fly! someday....
Slovakia
Joined Aug 2008
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristaps_r View Post
absolute-zero has made RSSI analog output for FrSky receivers.
So there IS a way of getting lost packet rate! Get received packet frequency at close range, then watch for missing pulses, do some math to convert to %, feed that into serial input of RX, and send down as user data of telemetry frame...
Richard_s is offline Find More Posts by Richard_s
Old Jan 20, 2011, 02:32 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Dec 2005
325 Posts
PM Sent.
I am eagerly awaiting the PPM firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Wu View Post
FrSky telemetry hack module DHT is available, and we have started to accept orders.

New PPM ROM for D8R would be ready next week, you who are interested in this can send PM to me next week to get the first bite and test.

hefest, we do not think that is a "problem", so no need to be overstrung. Besides, we think our system is safe enough. If you use two way telemetry systems, you even don't need to worry. For V8 systems, we have taken measurement to make sure there is no reduplicative ID.

Best regards!
Eva
nick.sargeant is offline Find More Posts by nick.sargeant
Old Jan 21, 2011, 01:17 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
14 Posts
I appreciate the great service and help, all of you here on RCG, have provided. Thank you

-------------
Auto Traffic Hijack Review
kristinapetrico is offline Find More Posts by kristinapetrico
Last edited by kristinapetrico; Feb 03, 2011 at 09:57 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 21, 2011, 02:39 AM
Joined Dec 2010
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Wu View Post
FrSky telemetry hack module DHT is available, and we have started to accept orders.

New PPM ROM for D8R would be ready next week, you who are interested in this can send PM to me next week to get the first bite and test.

hefest, we do not think that is a "problem", so no need to be overstrung. Besides, we think our system is safe enough. If you use two way telemetry systems, you even don't need to worry. For V8 systems, we have taken measurement to make sure there is no reduplicative ID.

Best regards!
Eva
I just want to say: GREAT support, in just five minutes time I arranged the new PPM ROM with Eva! I'm going to test it with my MikroKopter...

Thanks to All,
Alexander
ade_rc is offline Find More Posts by ade_rc
Old Jan 21, 2011, 03:01 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,015 Posts
A couple of people received these days an early release of PPM firmware.
For some of us this was a premiere because was the first firmware update of the new V2 D8R, using receiver serial line instead update lite adapter.
Probably in the coming days there will be more and more people doing the same, and some will wonder how to connect the receiver to a PC comm port. Until FrSky will release the official cable, you can DIY very simple using a servo extender cable, together with the serial cable provided by default in the two way combo, as in the picture.
The same connection can be done for the FrSky USB cable.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 21, 2011, 05:39 AM
Birmingham, UK
Joined Apr 2007
464 Posts
Did anyone notice that we passed the 1st birthday of this system last week? 16 Jan 2010 I started this thread, and look how far the system has developed.
Thankyou to all at FrSky, and to all the other knowledgable contributors, too many to list but you know who you are!
BrumBob is offline Find More Posts by BrumBob
Old Jan 21, 2011, 05:58 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,015 Posts
Indeed, and soon we must also wish them "Happy New Year !"

On 1 February begins the two weeks greatest chinese holiday, so, make your orders quick, next week is the last chance to have something shipped before anything freeze in chinese trade for at least until March.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 09:59 AM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,567 Posts
Futaba clone module for use with Futaba clone receiver

[QUOTE=Chase Wu;17145319]
Dear John,
You can purchase one from our dealers next week. /QUOTE]

Hi Chase Wu,

Can you give some of your dealer on line address who stocked your Futaba clone module?

John
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Old Jan 21, 2011, 10:04 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,015 Posts
http://www.frsky-rc.com/dealer.asp
Old Jan 21, 2011, 10:25 AM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,567 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for info.

I purchased FrSky module and receiver from Himodel.com.

Himodel does not seem to have Futaba FAAST clone module as yet. I cannot find it on their web site.

Is Orange Futaba FAAST receiver sold by HobbyKing made by FrSky?
Orange is priced $10 less than one sold by Himodel. Two look very much same. Orange is sold without cover or case.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 03:04 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,567 Posts
RENATOA emailed me telling that Orange and FrSky Futaba clone receivers are same receivers made by FrSky.

Posted for everyone to know.

I tested Orange receiver with Futaba FAAST transmitter and it worked with no problem.
It costs $29.99 from hobbyking.com, 1/3 of Futaba receiver. Orange is selling so fast that it is always out of stock.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 03:05 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,015 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kim View Post
RENATOA emailed me telling that Orange and FrSky Futaba clone receivers are same receivers made by FrSky.

Posted for everyone to know.

I tested Orange receiver with Futaba FAAST transmitter and it worked with no problem.
It costs $29.99 from hobbyking.com, 1/3 of Futaba receiver. Orange is selling so fast that it is always out of stock.
Was this a secret ?
Old Jan 21, 2011, 03:12 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,652 Posts
Quote:
Was this a secret ?
I didn't know that!!
A10FLYR is offline Find More Posts by A10FLYR