SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 26, 2010, 04:11 PM
The simplest, the better!
Italy, Europe
Joined Apr 2002
1,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogli73 View Post
I read almost this huge thread. But I still donít know if the DJT-module is compatible with the mc-22?! Does anybody already test it?
Are the pins from the attached file correct for the DJT-Module?

thanks in advance
BTW I have an MC22 to convert too, mogli73 do you have the pinout of the MC to share?
Thanks
PG
pdemon is offline Find More Posts by pdemon
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2010, 04:23 PM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,578 Posts
my 2p worth

I just bought the one way FF1 combo from Giant cod and so far I'm impressed. I fitted mine to a Hitec optic 6 , the module was a VERY tight fit in the back of the TX and I began to wonder if I was bending the pins. But there is no way its coming out again.

I've got the aerial coming out of the bottom of the module then going off to one side so that when I hold the TX my hands are just above it . I wonder if that will affect range ? any one flown like that ? should I swap the rf output to the top of the unit ?or am I better coming out the side ?

Anyway I bound the receivers, one 8ch & two 7ch (simple task) and tested them. All went OK so I set the fail safes (again easy) and started to install one of the 7ch receivers in my trusty old aerobatic model. Finding somewhere to route two aerials at 90 degrees to one another isn't easy in a small model and I've ended up with one sticking out the side if the fuselage - not pretty . I wonder how important getting them at 90 deg is ? any one have experiance with them at shallower angles.
Haven't range tested yet as it's dark out and -4C. Hopefully I'll have chance to do that tomorrow.

Now trying to figure out how to run the aerials in a small (24") bipe and a powered glider with a thin fuselage

Regards

Terry
Terry Rigden is online now Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Nov 27, 2010, 01:42 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,633 Posts
Flying line of sight the antennas position it's not so important, because this system has a very great range, more than 5km.
I place them in my glider in any position they like, just not paralel. Mostly horizontal, because I keep also the Tx antenna horizontal to one side.
In your case I would rather point the antenna to the ground, better radiation than near your hand. Or, buy this and replace the antenna: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=10896
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Nov 27, 2010, 07:56 AM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rigden View Post
Finding somewhere to route two aerials at 90 degrees to one another isn't easy in a small model and I've ended up with one sticking out the side if the fuselage - not pretty . I wonder how important getting them at 90 deg is ? any one have experience with them at shallower angles.
As Renatoa says, there's nothing very critical about any of this (unless maybe you are trying to extract the very maximum distance for an application like FPV). My experience in nearly 4 years of 2.4 flying (Spektrum, FrSky, Fly Dream) has been that this technology is remarkable easy to work with and tolerant of installation -- more so than 72.

The antennas don't need to be at 90* as long as they are obviously not parallel. But in practice, it's usually possible to get them close to 90*. Note that the active antenna is the last 30mm or so -- the rest is just cable -- so it's easy enough to find a place to locate the active portion.

Quote:
Now trying to figure out how to run the aerials in a small (24") bipe and a powered glider with a thin fuselage
The biplane is easy -- just tape the active portion of each antenna to the fuselage side, bottom, or whatever so they aren't right against conductive stuff and aren't parallel.

The glider may require you to poke one of the antennas out the side or top, but it's so tiny you can hardly see it. However, in all but the very slimmest fuselages you should be able to do something like running one antenna cable forward with the active portion across the fuselage at say 30* and the other one back and across the fuselage the other way. That way, they are well separated and not parallel. You'll obviously have to adapt to your model, but I've never had any difficulty finding a reasonable way to do it, even with the smallest models.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Nov 27, 2010, 09:57 AM
Registered Loser :)
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
I would not worry too much about orientation of the antenna, I separate them as much as possible and have them both vertical and have flown 2.7km so if you are flying visual range will not be an issue.

Mark
mark hitchman is offline Find More Posts by mark hitchman
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:34 AM
Mt helena western australia
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
they say this module has a range from 1.5k -2.5k is this right? i was going to use the jr version with the turnigy 9x in an FPV setup
rangamatchstic is offline Find More Posts by rangamatchstic
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:06 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,633 Posts
Right, and very conservative, as any manufacturer should be.
Is not wise to write in the papers you have 3km range and plane drop at 2.5km, few people will understand how impredictible is a RC range.
The 5.3km ground, and Mark 2.7km in flight are both personal experiences.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 12:10 PM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,578 Posts
Thanks guys
I wasn't aware that only the last bit of the aerials were active, that makes things much easier. I'll go back and re do the aerobatic model so I dont have all the antenna hanging out the side.

I've repositioned the aerial socket on the TX module so it come s out the top which puts it close to the old 35mhz aerial and the metal carrying handle. Should I remove them ? I'm not going for max range with such small models.

Didn't do the range test today the weather was just not suitable.

Regards

Terry
Terry Rigden is online now Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Nov 27, 2010, 08:16 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rigden View Post
I've repositioned the aerial socket on the TX module so it come s out the top which puts it close to the old 35mhz aerial and the metal carrying handle. Should I remove them ? I'm not going for max range with such small models.
I have always removed the antenna but left the carrying handle as is and never had a problem at any range. I see other people flying module-type Futabas, for example, with the 72 antenna still in place.

As for range testing, all I ever do is to make sure I can get solid control at the specified range with the the transmitter in low power mode. I point the Tx antenna at the model to give worse case orientation. If I get at least the specified minimum without glitching (which I always do with Spektrum, Fly Dream and FrSky), I just fly. I don't try to use the low power ground test as any kind of indicator of full range, just as a go/no go test that things are working properly.

This stuff is really easy and reliable! Better than the old radios. Don't worry. Fly it.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Nov 27, 2010, 08:38 PM
Mt helena western australia
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
ok thanks well even 2k is enough for me
rangamatchstic is offline Find More Posts by rangamatchstic
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:25 AM
Joined Jul 2010
206 Posts
dear friends
I have FrSky futaba combo pack with telemetry and also two D8R RX'es.Tx was V1 at first I have updated it and its V1 RX to V2 via PC connection.Second rx is V2.But my Tx alarrm frequently sounds orange means two beeps.sometimes stops but beeps in a short range for example 20 metres away. last week I have crashed and I could not command my plane I think lost TX-RX connection.it was V1updated to V2.
1.I fly in a clear area no cell phone, radio antennea wireless etc...
2.I did range test it was ok.
3.My power system was full it was lipo with UBEC.
4.All Tx and withh Rx es binding was ok no command loose when I updated them.But I lived one orange alarm at first on the ground range test.
today again my Futaba 9C TX started sounding constant two beeps again.but on the ground 30 metres test was normal.
I m confused.I dont wanna crash.
a.Should I ignore the alarm but it will be very risky or dangerous like a gambling?
b.Should I buy new system all of them with Frsky?
c.Should I change all sytem with another brand?
d.my Futaba 9C was second hand should I change it??
sorry for longe message thak you everything.
yurdakut is offline Find More Posts by yurdakut
Old Nov 28, 2010, 01:25 PM
Registered Loser :)
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2009
1,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurdakut View Post
dear friends
I have FrSky futaba combo pack with telemetry and also two D8R RX'es.Tx was V1 at first I have updated it and its V1 RX to V2 via PC connection.Second rx is V2.But my Tx alarrm frequently sounds orange means two beeps.sometimes stops but beeps in a short range for example 20 metres away. last week I have crashed and I could not command my plane I think lost TX-RX connection.it was V1updated to V2.
3.My power system was full it was lipo with UBEC.
4.All Tx and withh Rx es binding was ok no command loose when I updated them.But I lived one orange alarm at first on the ground range test.
today again my Futaba 9C TX started sounding constant two beeps again.but on the ground 30 metres test was normal.
I m confused.I dont wanna crash.
a.Should I ignore the alarm but it will be very risky or dangerous like a gambling?
b.Should I buy new system all of them with Frsky?
c.Should I change all sytem with another brand?
d.my Futaba 9C was second hand should I change it??
sorry for longe message thak you everything.
When you do your range check do you have everything on that you do in flight? You need motor running and everything, otherwise it is not really a proper test.

Mark
mark hitchman is offline Find More Posts by mark hitchman
Old Nov 28, 2010, 02:01 PM
Sunday flyer
Gdansk, Poland
Joined Aug 2007
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurdakut View Post
sometimes stops but beeps in a short range for example 20 metres away. last week I have crashed and I could not command my plane I think lost TX-RX connection.it was V1updated to V2.
You say that you've rangechecked the system and it was OKAY, means some 30meters "low power" mode? In my case, in low power I get about 30 meters to single beeps (still full control), I consider it OK.

If you're getting 20-30m in both rangecheck (low power) and full power mode, I suspect your TX module is at fault (my suspect #1 to be the poweramp since the signal reception does not change with the "test mode").

Michal
mikon is offline Find More Posts by mikon
Old Nov 28, 2010, 02:14 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,633 Posts
Or antenna not properly screwed.
If any...
Old Nov 28, 2010, 03:11 PM
Sunday flyer
Gdansk, Poland