HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2010, 09:41 PM
Australia, VIC, San Remo
Joined May 2010
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLMS View Post
I think you'll find it's the receiver if anything. I have six V8R4 receivers, one of which won't bind on the DFT I have. It will bind on the original V8 module though (on my sons 8U TX), so I use it with that. Not sure if it was a batch problem that was fixed in firmware maybe. It think the one of mine that won't bind to the DFT is the very first one I bought to go with the V8 module.
Perhaps the cure may be an update of the V8 side of the DFT/DJT modules firmware.
In the meantime I'm not too troubled by it, as only the one V8R4 receiver is affected.
Martin
Thanks Martin.
I received my second 4ch and same problem, so I have ordered another module.
Can I just update the firmware on the Tx or does it have to be Tx and Rx?
damoz is offline Find More Posts by damoz
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2010, 12:45 AM
Australia, VIC, San Remo
Joined May 2010
895 Posts
4ch Binding

Still no luck with the V8R4. Must be the module. Have tried 2 now. The 8ch binds no problem, anyone else suffering this. I am going to try 7ch.
Last edited by damoz; Sep 28, 2010 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Change
Old Sep 28, 2010, 03:14 AM
Adelaide , South Australia
Joined May 2005
62 Posts
Hi , Can anyone suggest a solution to a problem i have with a new Frsky hack module and HV 8 channel receiver i have purchased from HobbyKing last week?
I have installed the hack module in an Aurora 9ch TX , it previously had an Assan hack module fitted which worked with no faults. When the Frsky is booted up and bound to the receiver i get a jerky , cogging response from the servos. They will go full travel and return to centre , but the motion is not smooth. The hack module has a diode fitted to the ppm input from the factory . Another thing i noticed id the led on the bind switch board pulsates at a high frequency. Failsafe works properly when tested. I haven't been able to do a range test yet , but goes into range test mode with no problems.
Only problem is the jerky motion of the servos , i have tried digital and analog servos and the motion is the same.
I have also tried switching ppm shift positive and negative and the servo motion is the same.
I only have the one receiver so i can't verify if it is the problem easily.
Should i return the whole setup to HobbyKing or are there any fault finding methods that i can use to find the problem?
If this problem has been covered in previous posts , i can't seem to find it.
Hoping someone here will be kind enough to help.
Thanks , Leon.
Tyro is offline Find More Posts by Tyro
Old Sep 28, 2010, 03:22 AM
Joined Sep 2010
5 Posts
Have anybody got here good practical experiences with upgrade firmware to V2 version?
Some people try it, but without success.
rcmodely is offline Find More Posts by rcmodely
Old Sep 28, 2010, 08:57 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,129 Posts
I was thinking of getting an FrSky module to try out in an old JR Century 7 single stick transmitter which uses JR module model NET-J72M. Does anyone know if the FrSky JR module will work with this old radio? I though that is might make a nice update to be used as a glider radio.
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Sep 28, 2010, 03:36 PM
Ben Bolt, Texas
Joined Jul 2002
124 Posts
FrSky Module and receiver

Hi Tyro - I've installed over 12 DIY kits in different radio's and this week I received the first one to have my first problem. The first radio went ok. The second did not. This is for the V8HT DIY kit. It would power up and bind without problem but when a servo was pluged into any channel on the receiver, it would go to full throw in one direction and stay there. I contacted FrSky Eva and she advise's me to return the defective unit to Hobby King. Hobby King is opening it's new warehouse in the USA tomorrow so I will contact them to make arrangements for return. In the mean time I ordered another V8HT DIY kit and it's on the way.
Bob Shultz is offline Find More Posts by Bob Shultz
Old Sep 28, 2010, 04:32 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,129 Posts
I just found out from a friend that the module will work. I went to the HK site but it appears to be down.
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:52 PM
Aurora Builder
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Nov 2003
3,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
Replied you PM before reading here you posted public the same question.
Mine is still in US, in my NJ virtual office, waiting to be shipped today to EU, so I don't expect it sooner than 2 weeks.
I'll post here what I replied to you PM, for others guidance:

"Not (having pictures) handy, but I can explain:
The signals on Cockpit round DIN plug are, by a happy hazard, in exactly same order as in the Futaba module pinout !!! So, I soldered long 1" pins on a DIN plug, I slightly bended them to be inline aligned, instead of the round plug shape, plugged in Cockpit (after doing pulse level measurements, it was safe, 5V) and this was all !
You must also solder pins 4 and 5 together, for the radio to "know" the plug was inserted and switch to trainer mode."

A last note: I don't know what is the PPM pulse level in an EVO radio ! The above was about a Cockpit !
I wouldn't plug anything without doing a measurement first, or module not fitted with the diode.
Renatoa,

Have you modded your evo's? I basically did the same exact thing you did to your cockpit to my Evo. I haven't used a diode. My radio has probably been on with my Futaba FrSky module plugged into the DIN port for roughly 1 hour, no negative effects yet. I can put my Evo on an o-scope, but if you've already determined it to be safe it will save me some time.

Thanks in advance,
Sam
P.S-will post pictures later for others that may be curious.
samc99us is offline Find More Posts by samc99us
Old Sep 29, 2010, 03:16 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,997 Posts
The DIN plug attach solution was the Cockpit owner desire, not happy to open the radio.
For my Evos, the more logical solution was to mount the FrSky uncased board internally, instead the 72MHz HF module.
The PPM pulse there is exactly 3.3V, so no hack is required.
The process is very nicely described in the Hitec "official" EVO mod for Spectra module, file attached.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Sep 29, 2010, 07:04 AM
The Fens, Britain
Joined Nov 2005
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damoz View Post
Still no luck with the V8R4. Must be the module. Have tried 2 now. The 8ch binds no problem, anyone else suffering this. I am going to try 7ch.
I had this problem with a non-telemetry hack module bought about a month ago. Suspected the two 4ch Rx's at first but it turned out to be the module as a replacement module bound 4ch and 8ch instantly.

Thankfully I'd bought from a supplier who was prepared to listen to the customer
Breezy is offline Find More Posts by Breezy
Old Sep 29, 2010, 08:38 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
I had this problem with a non-telemetry hack module bought about a month ago. Suspected the two 4ch Rx's at first but it turned out to be the module as a replacement module bound 4ch and 8ch instantly.

Thankfully I'd bought from a supplier who was prepared to listen to the customer
Did the module bind to the 8Ch but not the 4Ch, or did you get the 8Ch later on ?
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Old Sep 29, 2010, 01:51 PM
Joined Jul 2010
206 Posts
dear list members and also Chase or Eva
I bought FrSky DFT combo telemetry pack for futaba and also one more D8R rx.Today I took it from cargo.Should I upgrade module?Why we upgrade it?I m reading this thread but urgently I wanna fly. Do I need upgrading from CD or FrSky website or can I use module with its own factory software.thank you for everything.
yurdakut is offline Find More Posts by yurdakut
Old Sep 29, 2010, 02:09 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,997 Posts
You must upgrade only if you have certain digital servo that exhibit jerky movement.
Else, go fly, all the others bring by V2 firmware are optional.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Sep 29, 2010, 08:56 PM
Australia, VIC, San Remo
Joined May 2010
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy View Post

Hi Breezy,

Just got my 3rd 4ch and a 7ch. The 7 ch bound instantly as did the 8ch, but none of the 4 ch bound. I will buy another module. Doing my head in as it is the 4ch I want for my small DS gliders as there is not much real estate in them.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:04 AM
Joined Jul 2010
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
You must upgrade only if you have certain digital servo that exhibit jerky movement.
Else, go fly, all the others bring by V2 firmware are optional.
Renatoa thank you again.so which failsafe option do my combo pack have now?or which rom option my module have?rom a?rom b?I explored the CD but I colud not understnad which rom do I have?thank you.
yurdakut is offline Find More Posts by yurdakut