HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 19, 2010, 07:50 AM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3beatz View Post
go with the Frsky system, its better, Assan is like DSM 2 (it does not transmit on the whole 2.4ghz band) you have to use bind plugs, and the RX are more expensive. Frsky also has TRUE antenna diversity on the Rx, Assan doesn't. Those are just a few points that put one better than the other I'm sure people can come up with many more (like Telemetry, etc...)

I Have them both (well, not any more I sold the Assan system). And I can say first hand I like Frsky better.
I noticed when flying the assan system that the servo movement is very notchy, and it suffers badly with resolution when using cheap servos. It only chooses 2 frequencies right? Like spectrum, and a friend of mine bench tested it with interference and it does not appear to be able to hop back and forth between the 2 channels like spectrum, it will jump to the second if the first gets swamped, but will not go back if the second gets swamped with noise.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2010, 08:14 AM
Joined Jun 2010
5 Posts
I have a Futaba 9c.
I bought a FrSky Telemetry DFT 2.4Ghz Combo Pack for Futaba w/ Module & RX. I can not get a range sound alarm from TX. Anybody know why ? Do i have to turn the alarm on , or is it a faulty TX ? I went so far away ,that the receiver start blinking and still no alarm. Is there a beep from tx when turning the transmitter on ? I have no sound at all.
enakkken is offline Find More Posts by enakkken
Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:27 PM
Larry_az
AZ
Joined Oct 2008
16 Posts
Thank you, EVA. I will get the RS232 cable, and learn more before giving it a try. Since I am not yet using any telemetry yet, I have time to learn. All the FRSKY equipment I have now works flawlessly. One transmitter, three eight channel receivers, three four channel and two yet to be installed eight channel telemetry receivers.

Thank you once again for your assistance,
Larry
Larry_az is offline Find More Posts by Larry_az
Old Sep 19, 2010, 12:39 PM
Larry_az
AZ
Joined Oct 2008
16 Posts
Hello Bob,
I just checked my private messages. I don't have anything in there, except one from EVA a couple of months ago about two cell A123 receiver batteries on non HV receivers. Would you try a PM again please? I'm sending this response to your private message because maybe somethings wrong with my PM inbox.
Thanks ,
Larry
Larry
Larry_az is offline Find More Posts by Larry_az
Old Sep 19, 2010, 01:01 PM
Joined May 2005
4 Posts
Today I tested my telemetry module, in bringing it works without problem until no view but I have tone RF module often and it's very disturb
is it possible to desable this feature on the RSSI ? or better is it possible to adjust these thresholds for the 3 levels by pc soft?
One question how much more has thresholds are factory?
Regards
Olivier
osegouin is offline Find More Posts by osegouin
Old Sep 19, 2010, 02:26 PM
Chandler, AZ
Joined Dec 2008
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry_az View Post
Hello Bob,
I just checked my private messages. I don't have anything in there, except one from EVA a couple of months ago about two cell A123 receiver batteries on non HV receivers. Would you try a PM again please? I'm sending this response to your private message because maybe somethings wrong with my PM inbox.
Thanks ,
Larry
Larry

Larry,

The PM was for Eva (Chase Wu). And I STILL have not received a response. I guess I'm on the "NO RESPOND" list.

Glad you other guys get responses.
BobAZ is offline Find More Posts by BobAZ
Old Sep 19, 2010, 08:51 PM
Joined Mar 2009
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobAZ View Post
Larry,

The PM was for Eva (Chase Wu). And I STILL have not received a response. I guess I'm on the "NO RESPOND" list.

Glad you other guys get responses.
Dear Robert,
We presume there may be something wrong with PM inbox and sent items, as I did reply to you the same day I got your PM, I resent it again today, please kindly check, thank you in advance.

Eva
Chase Wu is offline Find More Posts by Chase Wu
Old Sep 19, 2010, 11:18 PM
Aurora Builder
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Nov 2003
3,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA View Post
what you mean by: "my 9C can support telemtry " ?
See telemetry data on screen ?! NO
There is no radio so far with such feature, will be available for Royal EVO soon.
With any radio fitted with telemetry combo, you will have audio feedback (beeps) for he most important things you need: out of range (signla quality) and two onborad voltages.
If you want quantitative measures or logging, you need a laptop.
Are you suggesting FrSky will be releasing a hack module for the Royal EVO that integrates with EVO's programming? Or are you talking about Multiplex's M-Link that provides this functionality already?
samc99us is offline Find More Posts by samc99us
Old Sep 20, 2010, 01:36 AM
Australia, WA, Currambine
Joined Aug 2005
302 Posts
I havent read the whole post but does this (Frsky) mean that the range will be longer aswell or not

Thanks

lloyd
lloyd 1 is offline Find More Posts by lloyd 1
Old Sep 20, 2010, 02:10 AM
Or just say Peer
NRW, Germany
Joined Oct 2008
280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samc99us View Post
Are you suggesting FrSky will be releasing a hack module for the Royal EVO that integrates with EVO's programming? Or are you talking about Multiplex's M-Link that provides this functionality already?
I suppose in this case it is meant that the Evo and actually also the Cockpit SX each in m-link version are supporting together with telemetry-ready m-link receivers displaying measured data on their displays.
As mpx isnīt giving away detailed information about their used technics, it will be hard for frsky (or any other manufacturer) to provide such an interation to the transmitters.
Have in mind, that mpx devices are far away from beeing as popular as futaba or JR, so the market for those products will be (too) small to aim for. And mpx users are usually closely connected to their brand. I also like the programming and usefulness provided by their transmitters. (admit i have not played around with much others, they all have their benefits)
JollyJoker is offline Find More Posts by JollyJoker
Old Sep 20, 2010, 07:11 AM
Oporto Portugal
Joined Sep 2007
285 Posts
Programing V2 and V1 receiver (2 way and not 2 way)

Hello all.

I have a FrSkay 2 way JR combo and and 2 receivers not two way.

Do I need also to program the non telemetry receivers (not 2 way) to work with the new 2 way transmitter software?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Manuel
Manuel Silva is offline Find More Posts by Manuel Silva
Old Sep 20, 2010, 09:53 AM
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Dec 2005
327 Posts
Hi All.
Has anyone succeeded in transmitting gps coordinates (NMEA strings or binary protocol) from the Frsky telemetry RX to the TX? I've had a look around and found a few have tried but i haven't found any that have succeeded.
Cheers,
Nick
nick.sargeant is offline Find More Posts by nick.sargeant
Old Sep 20, 2010, 03:43 PM
Chandler, AZ
Joined Dec 2008
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Wu View Post
Dear Robert,
We presume there may be something wrong with PM inbox and sent items, as I did reply to you the same day I got your PM, I resent it again today, please kindly check, thank you in advance.

Eva

I have sent a PM in reply to the PM that I finally received.
BobAZ is offline Find More Posts by BobAZ
Old Sep 20, 2010, 04:01 PM
Greensboro, Pa.
Joined Jun 2002
142 Posts
FRSky 2.4 Conversion

Based on what I've read in here my 8UAFS will get an FRSKY module. I can't justify $299.99 from Tower Hobbies. And Japan farms most of their work out to China just like us. So why not go with Hobby King.
PDARR is offline Find More Posts by PDARR
Old Sep 20, 2010, 04:31 PM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,414 Posts
Sam an JollyJoker: the MPX protocol is patented, and, as a result, very well described in the patent
So well, that I am working now to a translator device able to drive directly the EVO display with data from FrSky protocol.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa