HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2001, 09:55 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
Osama Bin Laden has a Lear Jet?!

I heard today that Osama Bin Laden has several airplanes at his disposal including a personal Lear Jet. He also has numerous 4-wheel drive vehicles at his disposal. Let me ask you this, how many people do you think have Lear Jets in Afghanistan? Shouldn't we be bombing these obvious targets, Do you think that maybe where his toys are you'll find Osama? Maybe I'm an amateur at this intellegence stuff, but there's gotta be a way to find this guy! He can't live in his cave forever!
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
Old Sep 21, 2001, 10:11 PM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,250 Posts
I think a lot of us are getting impatient - my father used to work in Army Intelligence - based on some of the stuff he used to tell me, I think the decision makers are waiting for their first strike - they probably know a heckuvalot more than they're telling us - I can wait - I have confidence they know what they're doing. I also expect regardless of the action taken, there will be some who criticize. Our government has a most difficult task - it's a good thing I'm not involved - I doubt Afghanastan would still be on the map. I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't even in Afghanastan any more. What an evil, ignorant coward.
Buzz_Man is offline Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Old Sep 21, 2001, 11:10 PM
Most Exalted Windbag
Newark, DE USA
Joined May 2001
1,632 Posts
mrebman

I'm certainly no intelligence guru either, but it seems to me that a Lear jet must give off a rather unique radio signature compared to other aircraft that would be flying around where he would. They must have some kind of air traffic control in that area where he would have to transmit his call sign or something. If our satellites can have 6" or whatever optical resolution, they must have some kind of radio tracking facilities. Maybe just wishful thinking.

One thing I'm hoping is that we may surprise them. Our guys are talking about using some of our prototype "sci fi" weapons. They already have a remote controlled aircraft that they've used previously as a scout. In that case the enemy moved the installations so fast that by the time we brought in the guns they were gone. Now they've armed the RC "scout" plane for immediate action.

Maybe these terrorists will be as surprised as Saddam Hussain was with his "Mother of all Wars." True, we didn't get him but that was only due to politics.

I hope, I hope, I hope.

I'm still fearing what the next terrorist attack will be when they "drop the other shoe." It's ridiculous to think that the WTC was their only and best shot.

RB
Red Baron 47 is offline Find More Posts by Red Baron 47
Last edited by Mark Wood; Sep 22, 2001 at 09:40 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2001, 11:31 PM
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Dec 1999
9,273 Posts
Hit the Lear when it's moving. You are a lot more likley to get him that way.
Kevin Murray is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Murray
Old Sep 22, 2001, 04:05 AM
Bellevue, WA, USA
Joined Sep 2001
94 Posts
If I were him, I'd send the (mostly empty) Lear Jet one way at 20K feet, then take off in a little Cessna flying in the opposite direction, hugging the ground through the valleys while escaping. I sure hope we catch him before he gets away!
ShinySteelRobot is offline Find More Posts by ShinySteelRobot
Old Sep 22, 2001, 10:20 AM
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Dec 1999
9,273 Posts
tactical nukes.
make the world a safer place
Old Sep 22, 2001, 03:58 PM
Human Like You
Colorado
Joined Feb 2001
1,616 Posts
Osama Bin Laden has had plastic surgery and probably looks more like David Lee Roth than the pictures we see. He has stolen the identity of some Suadi foreign worker from Malaysia or Turkey, etc and is most likely holed up in some unlikely country.

That said, Osama Bin Laden isn't the prime suspect or the most important point in the networks. He's a symbol to make the whole thing a little understandable and to rally public support.

Do you actually think the gov't tells us what is going on? Couple weeks ago a citizen didn't know if we had a surplus or a deficit and you think we're getting anywhere near the whole messy, complex story on International Terror.

What about the terrorists we like and that we give aid to?
NewbieX is offline Find More Posts by NewbieX
Old Sep 22, 2001, 04:24 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
All we really need to do is give the Mujahadeen in the Northern Alliance the arms & equipment they need & they will take care of the Taliban for us. If we give them enough stuff, maybe they will let us in on some of the butt kicking!
I think there is a lot we can do to the Terrorist networks on the sly that will mess them up, like freezing their assets or cutting support & logistics ties they need. I think we need to get out the rubber hoses (wielded by New York Cops) to get some info from the Terrorists that we do have. We also need to change legislation making Terrorism a CAPITAL offense & just basically have a ZERO tolerance for anybody who thinks they are gonna do this stuff.

P.S. - Whatever happened to Ramsey Youseff, the dirtbag who bombed the trade center the first time? What sentence did he get? (They ought to hang that Bas****)!
Last edited by Mark Wood; Sep 23, 2001 at 12:49 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2001, 05:01 PM
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Dec 1999
9,273 Posts
Zero tolerance - Yes.

What we realy need is a penalty worse than death ? Death is easy ?
Last edited by Kevin Murray; Sep 22, 2001 at 06:14 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2001, 05:48 PM
Bellevue, WA, USA
Joined Sep 2001
94 Posts
Quote:
Whatever happened to Ramsey Youseff, the dirtbag who bombed the trade center the first time? What sentence did he get?
After much legal wrangling, I believe he was eventually deported.

It's sad that such people can spread terror and dissent within our own borders. Free speech is one thing, inciting terrorism is another. (Don't tell the ACLU I said that )
ShinySteelRobot is offline Find More Posts by ShinySteelRobot
Old Sep 22, 2001, 06:22 PM
What's a Member??
Sydney,Australia
Joined Mar 2000
632 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mrebman
We also need to change legislation making Terrorism a CAPITAL offense
Do you really think making it a capital offence will deter these people, I mean they are prepared to die anyway so they will just use suicide bombing, like the WTC
Alex
Regecide is offline Find More Posts by Regecide
Old Sep 22, 2001, 08:51 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
Yes it will do some good, These terrorists want to die THEIR way, Wearing Red Head Bands & Shouting "Allah Allah Akbar!" & crashing into something or Blowing themselves up in some cafe.
They do not want to die at the hands of the American Infidels strapped to an electric chair, that would not be honorable & would not guarantee them a free pass to heaven. Capital Punishment may not stop them but the ones we catch sure will be GONE! The only good thing I can see in this whole mess is that all the Hijackers were KILLED in this operations. That act saves us having to feed & house them for the next 50 years. The best part is that their miserables A**es will not darken our doostep again. My only hope is that THEY are the Infidels & our Lord Jesus Christ will see that they have a one way ticket to HELL!
Old Sep 22, 2001, 08:57 PM
USA, NC, Greenville
Joined Dec 1999
9,273 Posts
Capitol offense - horse****.
Punishment worse than death.
Would pain such as deepfrying daily, day after day for decades on end be a deturent ?

If not we need to be more creative.
Old Sep 22, 2001, 11:00 PM
Profiled Interfractionalist
Tacoma,WA USA
Joined Jun 2001
3,987 Posts
I like the daily deep frying idea.
William A is online now Find More Posts by William A
Old Sep 23, 2001, 11:52 AM
Restful User
Backwoods Alabama
Joined May 2000
3,861 Posts
> All we really need to do is give the Mujahadeen in the Northern Alliance the arms & equipment they need & they will take care of the Taliban for us.

Let's not do that nonsense any more. We created "bin Laden" by doing that against the Soviets and Saddam by doing that against the Iranians.

If you train and arm wackos, you end up getting bit.

--Bill
Jacques Flambeau is offline Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau