SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:58 PM
Joined Feb 2009
34 Posts
which bone? u mean the top balance bar?
what I notice the landing gear is bent a little bit.
rcvrally is offline Find More Posts by rcvrally
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:00 AM
Infinite Zenith
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2006
2,467 Posts
Landing gear shouldn't affect flight performance unless it is extremely bent out of shape. Rotate the gears with your fingers, feel any odd resistance when completing a rotation?
Draven is offline Find More Posts by Draven
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:13 AM
Joined Feb 2009
34 Posts
I don't feel any obvious odd resistance. TBE is not a serious issue for me. i can control it as long as it flight not too fast. Tail motor speed is right for me coz I don't have much flight room.
Last edited by rcvrally; Jun 25, 2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:14 AM
Infinite Zenith
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2006
2,467 Posts
Both gears? Then the shafts aren't bent.
Draven is offline Find More Posts by Draven
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:29 AM
Joined Feb 2009
34 Posts
no obvious bent.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 01:12 AM
SF Bay Area
Joined Jun 2010
54 Posts
rcv, most likely it's the linkage(s) between the top rotor and the flybar (balance bar). One may have slipped off the ball holding it, or the joints may be to stiff because of dirt or excess material from the mold it was made with. Either way, I believe if you inspect the linkages closely with a magnifying glass you will find the cause. Check the joints between flybar and linkage or rotor blades and linkage for free play. They are supposed to be pretty loose.

It may not affect your flying very much atm, but chances are that it will get worse over time.

Dealing With Toilet Bowl Effect On Your Micro Coaxial RC Helicopter
bruchlandung is offline Find More Posts by bruchlandung
Last edited by bruchlandung; Jun 25, 2010 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Added link
Old Jun 25, 2010, 02:57 AM
North Dakota
Joined Apr 2010
64 Posts
Open the eyes and look..............
larymor is offline Find More Posts by larymor
Old Jun 25, 2010, 07:47 AM
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKZer0 View Post
So I got my S107 in the mail yesterday. Maybe you guys can give me a little help.

It doesn't hover very well. as best as I can tell, it doesn't hover. It likes to drift backwards so the pitch is a little off, and it definitely goes way faster backwards then it is capable of going forward.

It also rolls right a bit and I am not sure how to fix that at all. It kinda slowly strafes 6-12inches/second right.

Any ideas?
If you got it locally and havent crashed it take it back for a replacement, dont pull it appart to try and fix or else the shop is very much in their rights to refuse a replacement.

If its not going back the first thing to do is as already said, check the linkages are all quite loose, if you have altered anything, anything at all like tigtening any of the screws that dont appear to be screwed in properly, revert it bac to how it was delivered, the screws are all loose and badly fitted but tight they should not be.
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut
Old Jun 25, 2010, 08:10 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcvrally View Post
I don't feel any obvious odd resistance. TBE is not a serious issue for me. i can control it as long as it flight not too fast. Tail motor speed is right for me coz I don't have much flight room.
when I fitted a S026 flybar to my S107 the pin kep slipping out half way on the odd occasion, that made it dance about something crazy, it was controllable enough to land safley and sort out not I could not fly with it like that, in short....

check the pin that holds the flybar to the cenctre shaft.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:09 AM
Joined Jun 2010
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
Backwards drift: Confirm battery is as far forward in its mount as it will go.

Sideways drift: That shouldn't be possible, unless the battery is in sideways as well as too far back. It well could be.
You win. The battery was loosely sitting in it's holder. I put it back in, and pushed it forward, and it works fine now.

Thanks.
BKZer0 is offline Find More Posts by BKZer0
Old Jun 25, 2010, 02:14 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,387 Posts
BK, the initial runs didn't see much of this sloppy assembly but it's showing up in the restart runs. I mean like, you'd never seen the inside of one before and YOU didn't have any problem figuring out where the battery went. So there's little excuse when the assembler didn't put it in right.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Jun 25, 2010, 03:04 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
100% Quality... is Expected.

That assembler knows what "FAIL" means, and will be severely dealt with on live TV.

We sometimes think we can get (repeated) perfection from CheeBay, and one day, our grandkids might get it. Not.

I also assumed there wasn't room to put it in wrong, poka-yoke.
Fer Chrissakes, it's THEIR word!!...-What? Wrong country? ...um, nevermind.)
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Jun 25, 2010, 03:07 PM
North Dakota
Joined Apr 2010
64 Posts
The excuse is they pay the workers diddily squat and they live in mud huts and eat grass.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 03:10 PM
North Dakota
Joined Apr 2010
64 Posts
Don't matter where you buy one....they all come from the same place...DUH....
Old Jun 25, 2010, 03:12 PM
North Dakota
Joined Apr 2010
64 Posts
Sorry for telling the truth.