HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2010, 08:31 PM
Joined Feb 2009
34 Posts
It takes 15 mins only to charge via PC usb port then the red light up on the cable. Really fast. The battery is fully charged? Or need to wait till a hr?
rcvrally is offline Find More Posts by rcvrally
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2010, 08:36 PM
Roswell, GA
Joined Jun 2010
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
The tail boom holds the rear rotor far enough back to allow it to tip the mainshaft forwards or back.
The tail rotor is adding or subtracting lift in the back of the assembly.
This is what makes the heli move forwards/back when you move the right stick forward/back.
Killbucket, I guess I should have been more specific. I realized the tail rotor provided the forward/backward motion. I was curious as to the 6020 part referenced by S107 though. I assume it's some sort of mod that provides greater speed or reduces weight. I'm asking because if I could end up using my 6020 for parts as opposed to ordering a new main rotor.
larkemon is offline Find More Posts by larkemon
Old Jun 23, 2010, 08:47 PM
Joined Jun 2010
61 Posts
you use the standard boom and just move over the better motor and prop and rewire it up. i believe theres a tut on every thing to do with pics
S107 is offline Find More Posts by S107
Old Jun 23, 2010, 08:58 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Explained here.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Jun 23, 2010, 10:59 PM
Joined Jun 2010
61 Posts
why is the speed mod thread closed? and is there any good US source for the 6020 tail boom?
S107 is offline Find More Posts by S107
Old Jun 24, 2010, 07:08 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
I had too many threads, and they were attracting buzzards.
Only rarely will I start one now.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Jun 24, 2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 08:16 AM
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
583 Posts
Are infra red lamps still called led's? anyways what is the result on the rest on the rest of the circuit? or have you just soldered the new 'leds' in without working that out? obviously theres a lot more load that is not only going to affect battery life.
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut
Old Jun 24, 2010, 09:54 AM
Joined Jun 2010
8 Posts
So I got my S107 in the mail yesterday. Maybe you guys can give me a little help.

It doesn't hover very well. as best as I can tell, it doesn't hover. It likes to drift backwards so the pitch is a little off, and it definitely goes way faster backwards then it is capable of going forward.

It also rolls right a bit and I am not sure how to fix that at all. It kinda slowly strafes 6-12inches/second right.

Any ideas?
BKZer0 is offline Find More Posts by BKZer0
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:00 AM
Infinite Zenith
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2006
2,467 Posts
Could you post some close up pics? Either the coaxial metal axle was installed at an incorrect angle, or the weight is off.
Draven is offline Find More Posts by Draven
Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:07 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,387 Posts
Backwards drift: Confirm battery is as far forward in its mount as it will go.

Sideways drift: That shouldn't be possible, unless the battery is in sideways as well as too far back. It well could be.

In Chinese manufacturing, every spring they have Chinese New Years and many workers return to rural homes and don't come back to work. The stuff you buy the first few months of the year are made by the most experienced workers just before they leave. The stuff that starts arriving in May is made by the green recruits. That might explain how 107 went from "they all work" to "some of them don't".
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Jun 24, 2010, 02:51 PM
Alabama
Joined Jun 2010
7 Posts
New guy here thatís just been bitten by the bug. Got my pretty blue S107 this morning and after charging for about 45 minutes I took her on her first flight. First lesson learned, donít even try to fly with the air conditioner blowing especially on maiden flight Ė bang, bump but nothing broke. Took it to the garage and proceeded to have a blast. Flying time goes by so quickly that I decided to buy another. May even need a third to satisfy my flying hunger. BTW, thanks for all the advice - I really enjoy the forum.
Garpo is offline Find More Posts by Garpo
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:23 PM
SF Bay Area
Joined Jun 2010
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownOut View Post
Are infra red lamps still called led's? anyways what is the result on the rest on the rest of the circuit? or have you just soldered the new 'leds' in without working that out? obviously theres a lot more load that is not only going to affect battery life.
Yes, they are called LEDs (Light Emitting Diode) since they emitting infra red (this side of red) light which is below the visible spectrum, but still called light.

As for the added load, a typical infrared LED should draw around 20 mA. Six added LEDs bring the current from 60 mA to 180 mA. Worth looking into, but it probably won't break anything.
bruchlandung is offline Find More Posts by bruchlandung
Old Jun 24, 2010, 03:29 PM
Joined Feb 2009
34 Posts
My heli hover like a gyro drawing circle in air. It moves less, the circle smaller. I guess it is caused by few times crash.
rcvrally is offline Find More Posts by rcvrally
Old Jun 24, 2010, 09:16 PM
Who's scaring the kittens
Joined Apr 2002
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcvrally View Post
My heli hover like a gyro drawing circle in air. It moves less, the circle smaller. I guess it is caused by few times crash.
It has TBE: "toilet bowl effect". Common on co-ax's that had a crash. Many things can cause it, but most common is bent inner or outer main shafts.
ViperR is offline Find More Posts by ViperR
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:51 PM
North Dakota
Joined Apr 2010
64 Posts
Look at it close. Is the bone connected to the top bar? LOOK CLOSELY !
larymor is offline Find More Posts by larymor