HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2010, 09:00 PM
San Dimas, 40 km east of Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2002
1,332 Posts
Those in San Gabriel Valley, LA area

Just bought 2 S-107 ( red and yellow) from an isle vendor in the West Covina Mall for $70 tax included.
He has a stack about a dozen - no blue.
ktoey is offline Find More Posts by ktoey
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:10 PM
mSR noob, S107, SH6023/25
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Feb 2010
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
nice, hey check this out, it's not a co-ax S107 style it's a quad but it's very impressive!

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2007...itish-polices/

apparently the british police used this over a rock festival this year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4jtg...layer_embedded
Obsticals to avoid 3:30.... Its real use 4:40 .. LOL
temporary1 is offline Find More Posts by temporary1
Old Jun 22, 2010, 12:19 AM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetskeeter View Post
I finallly got my S107. this is gotta be one of the COOLEST little helis I have flown. it's got great stability and turns really good. the gyro technology keeps it on any heading you desire unlike my 106 which is a handful to keep on a heading.it's a nice pretty blue one and I can charge it up from the computer usb port too. thanks guys for steering me onto this one. it's a winner
Now the question is...how many more you getting? I have 4 so far and am tempted to buy more each time I pass the LHS
Redbaron25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbaron25
Old Jun 22, 2010, 03:16 AM
SF Bay Area
Joined Jun 2010
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron25 View Post
Now the question is...how many more you getting? I have 4 so far and am tempted to buy more each time I pass the LHS
You gotta have at least three on active duty to make the most out of charging / flying cycles. Then you have to have one for spare parts (just in case) and one you are modding. And then at least one more because some friend will want to borrow one of yours since you have so many. I am sure KB can come up with more justifications

I took mine to work today to see if I can fly it around the office despite the A/C. My boss saw it, went to his office and ordered two with rush shipping right on the spot
bruchlandung is offline Find More Posts by bruchlandung
Old Jun 22, 2010, 04:52 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
So few other products come to mind, that can do that. On sight, another human purchases...at least one.

No wonder the "Hobby Grade" (I can hear it coming already) guys hate Poocopters- some folks will find their "copter itch" satisfied with them.

IMHO, IMHO.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Jun 22, 2010, 04:53 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,631 Posts
Ye the A/C is a real pain with these lil fellas, I remember trying to fly my S026 mini chinook in the kitchen at a bar I used to work at, it was a nightmare, I can't imagine a giro would have made it much easier.

I have one which is slowly eating the other heli I have, it has a tail prop from a x-twin plane, flybar and upper blade grip from a S026 chinok and a middle cog off a picooz sidewinder.

Yesterday I snapped the lower blades so I'll see what it will take, I may try making some from plastic bottle or coke cans, jus to see if I van be done!
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Jun 22, 2010, 06:59 AM
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
573 Posts
Try mcdonalds drink cartons for blades.

Whereabouts in manny are you, im real close and my best mate runs 'The Bank'.
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut
Old Jun 22, 2010, 07:07 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
What kind of meatgrinder-moves do you put your poor copters thru?

Somebody at Syma's probably being beaten severely due to the first reported blade failure, because they, like me, can't imagine how you could break one!
Old Jun 22, 2010, 09:39 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownOut View Post
Try mcdonalds drink cartons for blades.

Whereabouts in manny are you, im real close and my best mate runs 'The Bank'.
I'm in hulme, the bank on mosley street? I used to drink at the bank back when it was a rock pub "forgery and firkin" your the only person I know of within about 100 miles that cares about these lil things, part of the reason I joined this place is because my work mates and friends were bored of hearing about them, are there any clubs around for flying indoors?

Killbucket, erm ye, my S107 has been through the wars a bit, Iost a chunk off one of the top blades in the first couple of days from striking th lower blades, I just clipped it so it was not rough and clipped the same off the ofther side and it's flown fine, the lower blades snapping was when I was flying it in a basketball court at the local church, it got a really steep angle, shot forwards and I couldn't stop it from hitting a wall at about 15-20mph!

Think I'll get another one and use this one for the apach model kit.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:25 AM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
Speed freaks, the lot of you!

Fly 'em SLOWLY, that's where the controllability really shines..I love flying mine in the living room with the tail rotor just barely on, dead slow circuits. Very relaxing.

I think the Red5 shop has sold out again (surprised the stock lasted those few weeks). I'm keeping up the pressure for them to order some Firebirds.
Redbaron25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbaron25
Old Jun 22, 2010, 02:41 PM
Joined Aug 2007
1,051 Posts
Has anyone come up with an AC charger for these birds yet? to be able to charge 2 or 3 at a time would be cool.I have an ac charger for my mcx lipos so building one for these should be easy for the folks that make em.
Jetskeeter is offline Find More Posts by Jetskeeter
Old Jun 22, 2010, 03:05 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,532 Posts
How about using a four-port USB hub?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetskeeter View Post
Has anyone come up with an AC charger for these birds yet? to be able to charge 2 or 3 at a time would be cool.I have an ac charger for my mcx lipos so building one for these should be easy for the folks that make em.
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Old Jun 22, 2010, 03:16 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Apr 2007
4,679 Posts
Hi LG,

It will probably depend on the output current of the computer's USB hub.

I've heard that some of them will only supply a max of 500mAh, so, if you're charging 2 helis at 200mAh each you could only charge 2 at a time.

However, I've also heard the newer computer's USB output is higher, though I don't know what it is.

Bill
Sir Raleigh is offline Find More Posts by Sir Raleigh
Old Jun 22, 2010, 03:41 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
I'm using a powered USB:
Inland MA3303 7-Port, I charge four- five at a time, no problem.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 03:58 PM
SF Bay Area
Joined Jun 2010
54 Posts
I have one of these (got it at our local electronics shop for a few bucks) to charge my S107:

http://www.amazon.com/Inland-03230-P.../dp/B0027FFOUC

The 300 mA suit me perfectly as I don't expect to charge more than two using this adapter. And less risk of killing a LiPo by accident if the output is limited to 300 mA max. Even if I had only one connected and it'd charge at the max that would be 2C for a 150 mAh battery.
bruchlandung is offline Find More Posts by bruchlandung