HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2010, 06:52 PM
SF Bay Area
Joined Jun 2010
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
Yes, If I fly too close to my Samsung when it's on, it can overcome my Tx commands, and seems to jam them, as if I'd shut off the Tx: No control for a few seconds, then a dead drop.
Thanks KB! This is exactly what I've been experiencing flying too close to my LG: Heli flies on its own for a short moment and doesn't take input, then it'll drop like a rock. I'm glad I am not going crazy. Maybe there's a conspiracy of Korean TV makers

The moral:Fly more helicopters, watch less TV. As a side note: My wife likes playing "Godzilla" with the heli and mock fighting it. Sometimes she plucks the heli out of the air. But she actually loves that little thing. When I crash it, she cringes more than I do
bruchlandung is offline Find More Posts by bruchlandung
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2010, 02:17 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruchlandung View Post
The moral:Fly more helicopters, watch less TV. As a side note: My wife likes playing "Godzilla" with the heli and mock fighting it. Sometimes she plucks the heli out of the air. But she actually loves that little thing. When I crash it, she cringes more than I do
ye mine does the godzilla thing, even though she helped out our lil one get me a jump jet for fathersday she kinda hates them, S107 is flown the most so that's the one she's dissliking most at the moment.

My 2yr old girl loves them, she's great at S107 search and rescue, if (when) I crash she either brings it to me or sets it on a table. A few days ago she learned that when the blue and red light is gone she turns it off and on again, then puts it down for take off!
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Jun 21, 2010, 05:08 AM
Who's scaring the kittens
Joined Apr 2002
752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planelover93 View Post
No, but the heli won't fly outside in the sunlight.
I've had good luck at dusk in a dead calm outside. Range is about the same as indoors and looks cool with the LED's and rotor noise.
ViperR is offline Find More Posts by ViperR
Old Jun 21, 2010, 07:23 AM
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
575 Posts
Top of the range massive Sony tv does the same, if you read the earlier posts you will see ive had the problem on both mine and that turned out to be the issue.

In the uk our ebay price i equivalent of around $60 delivered so if somewhere local was selling them at $50 equivalent i would have jumped on it, you getting them for less than $30 rubs salt in my wounds.

Edit, sorry guys, ive re-read my posts and noticed i didnt actually post my findings on the tv interferance thing, my bad.
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut
Old Jun 21, 2010, 07:30 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Which does beg the question: Just how much IR is coming out of these modern TV's?
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Jun 21, 2010, 08:03 AM
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
575 Posts
Enough LOL.

It may not be infra red blinding it could be any spectrum blinding it.
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut
Old Jun 21, 2010, 08:15 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Makes sense...an LCD TV needs to really bang out the backlighting.
I've had the same thing happen in front of my 21" PC monitors, too.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:33 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,379 Posts
Hypothetically, since they're always behind deep-red filters, IR shouldn't be vulnerable to broadband light. 60% of TV white is green, which shouldn't get through the filter at all. And the screen end of a CRT doesn't emit IR to speak of at all. But obviously SOMEthing is happening.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:41 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
"Daddy Granpa, what's a CRT?"

I have noticed that the big-screens we have today do a good job of heating the air in front of them.
Last edited by killbucket; Jun 21, 2010 at 12:42 PM. Reason: I have ONE CRT left, a 9" TVCR, and it's dying.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 04:41 PM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
CRT's have one big advantage over flat screens though...I put my old 21" CRT monitor in the bin and heard a very satisfying 'BOOM' when the bin men emptied it into their wagon.

*If I could post videos I'd have posted Nick Lowe's 1978 hit 'I Love The Sound Of Breaking Glass'*

Back on topic of interference, I was charging a S107 off it's Tx and had glitches starting up the Mini Chinook in the same room until I realised both Tx's were on the same frequency - looks like the Chinny's Tx was telling it to start and the Tx that was charging (with throttle down) was telling it not to.

Switched off the charging S107 Tx and the Chinny was fine.
Redbaron25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbaron25
Old Jun 21, 2010, 05:37 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Nick Lowe- Breaking Glass #140. *T*O*T*Ps*70s* (2 min 47 sec)

Uhhhnnnn....time warp!

S107 and Chinook possibly 'same', but more likely, just jamming 'together".
When this tune was new, we called listening to music "Jammin Out"....I feel old.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 06:47 PM
Joined Aug 2007
1,051 Posts
I finallly got my S107. this is gotta be one of the COOLEST little helis I have flown. it's got great stability and turns really good. the gyro technology keeps it on any heading you desire unlike my 106 which is a handful to keep on a heading.it's a nice pretty blue one and I can charge it up from the computer usb port too. thanks guys for steering me onto this one. it's a winner
Jetskeeter is offline Find More Posts by Jetskeeter
Old Jun 21, 2010, 07:52 PM
North Dakota
Joined Apr 2010
64 Posts
Yes..your TV will make it drop like a rock if its on. My Vizios do the same thing !
larymor is offline Find More Posts by larymor
Old Jun 21, 2010, 08:03 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Attention all Humans: You have used up the entire EM Spectrum. Please resort to smoke signaling as required.

I feel like we got modern toys with antique brains, as has been noted before, about IR helis in general.
But-
A few of us are old enough to remember the first "remotes" for TV sets...and are happy we didn't have to live thru "Clicker"-Copters!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 08:15 PM
North Dakota
Joined Apr 2010
64 Posts
For dual tv and flying I use my blades...when the brain is slow I use my S107's.
larymor is offline Find More Posts by larymor