SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 18, 2010, 08:57 AM
Joined Jun 2010
8 Posts
My S107 is on order from xheli. It is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. I guess that is better than china could do... (~5 business days)

With it I ordered:
1 Balance Bar
1 Main Blade Set (Yellow)
1 Tail Blade

Do those pieces break often? They were only like a $1 each so I ordered them just to be safe. I was also curious if there was a replacement battery available with a better mAh rating for longer flight times?
BKZer0 is offline Find More Posts by BKZer0
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2010, 09:43 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
S107 with Anorexia

.51mm copper wire replaces the sideplates completely.
Note the 240mAh cell, all-up wt would be lower with the stock cell by 1.3g.

What you see here weighs 32.8grams, 37.9 is stock.
It flies nicely. The tail boom and rotor are from a San Huan 6020-1.

On your replacement parts list:

Nice to have them, but if you use your head when airborne, you'll never need them.
I have nine S107-variants, and if I had that spares kit, it would still be in a drawer.

In other words, you've got one of the most durable toys available on the way!
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Jun 18, 2010, 09:50 AM
Infinite Zenith
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2006
2,467 Posts
I like mine nice and thick Nice work Kb! Do you still charge it via USB or Tx?
Draven is offline Find More Posts by Draven
Old Jun 18, 2010, 10:14 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownOut View Post

Killbucket, loved the hot glue idea but ive realised it will put quite a bit of weight onto it once its all done unfortunatley.
You just have to be sparing with the gloo-goober-gun. Just a 'taste' will do, less is more with about any adhesive's action.

You can't see my glue bonds at all, I used very little.
This "I am here to kill you" version weighs 45.8g all-up. Compared to my previous post item, this is the other end of the useful S107 weight spectrum, I think. While the other one was a flyweight, this one's about as porky as you could push it.
It has a 240mAh cell, and I can fly it for a solid two minutes, which is the longest I'll fly ANY of my helis at any one time, anyway.

EDIT: always USB now, with the specific charger meant for the model, I mark them as they come out of package, to be sure.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:17 PM
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
What you see here weighs 32.8grams, 37.9 is stock.
Are you sure youve got your weights right? i believe you im just supprised it isnt much lighter, i had considered the wire method but found stripping everything off easier. I wonder where my weight has gone as its not a lot differant.

A spare tail rotor comes with the heli.
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut
Old Jun 18, 2010, 01:24 PM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKZer0 View Post
My S107 is on order from xheli. It is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. I guess that is better than china could do... (~5 business days)

With it I ordered:
1 Balance Bar
1 Main Blade Set (Yellow)
1 Tail Blade

Do those pieces break often? They were only like a $1 each so I ordered them just to be safe. I was also curious if there was a replacement battery available with a better mAh rating for longer flight times?
The balance bar is probably the only part you may break, as I recently shattered the end off one of mine after hitting a cabinet (though maybe if I'd killed the throttle a bit faster it might not have happened). The bar itself is flexible enough but if subject to a hard hit, the ends with the weights in are brittle.

The heli overall though is one tough SOB
Redbaron25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbaron25
Old Jun 18, 2010, 01:55 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
S107 Drone

Say you're laying back on your nice cozy straw mat, secure in the depths of your cozy cave. And you hear something buzzing...

This type of visitor has got to be technically possible...imagine a Military S107: Brushless motors, alien-tech batteries, Remote-Pilot-vision, NanoTech armaments.

Float like a Butterfly, sting like a Sidewinder Missile.

Check out my flexy, works really-good tricycle gear. I couldn't resist using the cheesy stickers they gave me with the AH-64, but I might yank them, and paint on a shark grin on the nose....hmmm.

What FUN!
Old Jun 18, 2010, 02:54 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,685 Posts
I cant remember where I have seen it but I'm pretty sure they did something like that, ok so it did look like a toy heli but you could see that's what it was based on....
  • 15mins flight time
  • GPS navigation
  • 10Mph top speed
  • digital camera
  • full autopilot

I think the whole point of it was to be hand launched by it handler, fly off to gps co-ordinates take photos and return.

Given it's tiny size and speed it would be really hard to "shoot" down and I would be high enough to not be taken down by someone throwing a net over it.

With those specs it could easily from from my home to my work, take photos of how many customers are out front and make it back on a single charge.

So is this a resprayed "I'm here to kill you" black or another painted from scratch S107?
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Jun 18, 2010, 03:05 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Re-spray...I was cleaning up, and stumbled upon a can of Green Testor's.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 03:07 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,685 Posts
nice, hey check this out, it's not a co-ax S107 style it's a quad but it's very impressive!

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2007...itish-polices/

apparently the british police used this over a rock festival this year!

New German UAV -- microdrone (5 min 14 sec)
Old Jun 18, 2010, 03:14 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Spooky, reminds me of Freejack.
Little cops buzzing everywhere, and it's a felony to swat at 'em.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 03:30 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,685 Posts
At first I never heard of freejack.....

Just did a google and watched the trailer on IMDB haha can't believe Sir Anthony Hopkins is in it, he was born not far from my hometown.

I actualy remember it now, I remeber likeing it just like I liked "runaway" all thoes little robot things.

Off topic I know but hey you may know the title of a film that's been racking my brains for ages, think it's around the same time.....

People don't travel they have their minds digitaly transfered into other peoples bodies in the city they need to be in and vice versa, or into the body of a GEF Geneticlay Engineered Facsimile/Factor so that they can do extreme sports without risking their body.

The main caracter has his body hijacked by an assassin or someting and because he only has access to a GEF with a very limited life span the time left to find his body before the GEF his mind is in is running out fast.

Any ideas what film this is?
Last edited by djdavies83; Jun 18, 2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 04:17 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
If you could name one actor or character name in it...
start looking in this list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._films_of_1980
Last edited by killbucket; Jun 18, 2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 04:20 PM
Infinite Zenith
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2006
2,467 Posts
That looks amazing!!!
Draven is offline Find More Posts by Draven
Old Jun 18, 2010, 06:50 PM
Joined Aug 2007
1,051 Posts
I went and oredered me a S107. the S106 I got is fun but a bit of a challenge to fly without gyro. the S107 has good reviews here.I guess this is how you build a fleet
Jetskeeter is offline Find More Posts by Jetskeeter