HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:16 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
A solder blob could short to the chassis, but the chassis on my S107G is non-conductive, even though it has all the appearance of a conductor. So, that alone should be a problem.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:19 PM
Joined Jan 2013
28 Posts
Clones

I know this has come up before but so many threads.
I bought two Syma s107 from the same UK supplier-both in S107G boxes but one in green marked on cockpit S107G Gyro system and above 3D full function helicopter.
After about 120 flights and a steep learning curve its hiccuping a bit.
The other I have just got out of the box and started to run after stripping extras of tail and fitting a picoos tail rotor.
Thing is second one just feels to fly better than first-its yellow and just marked S107-think it might be the clone but if so a far better build.
The problem is and I know this from researching Anchor Windlasses for my yacht in China you will get a company who assembles and markets a product but who buys in the bits from other companies who are quite prepared to do business independently.So in the case of windlasses and I am sure helis you can not only get Chinese branded products but US and UK branded products and if you are prepared to buy quantity you can have your own branded product.
ffiill is offline Find More Posts by ffiill
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:20 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffiill View Post
Yes I have had a battery lead come away from the main board/and beware I resoldered but put too much on and it now occasionally shorts to chassis.
Put a little piece of thin insulation between the two. I had to do this with one of my helis. I just used a yellow piece of insulation that is on the spare batteries.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:28 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
A solder blob could short to the chassis, but the chassis on my S107G is non-conductive, even though it has all the appearance of a conductor. So, that alone should be a problem.
I had a S107 that would just not charge (or seem to charge) and the heli could never make it off the floor. I discovered the red wire was up against the metal frame. I used the fix described in post # 12783 and all was well.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:46 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
Yes, Mike, I remember you sharing that experience. I'm not quite sure how that worked.

When I put my meter on the metal frame of my S107G (quite a few of them), it not conductive. Even if it was, the -batt terminal bunches up against the left frame and the +batt terminal bunches up against the right frame, which are isolated from each other by a plastic frame in between, what does that has to do with anything???

So, what I'm guess then is that you have a cold solder joint, and the wire is not making good contact with the board. Whatever isolation you put in, or during the process of putting it, just moved things enough to create pressure necessary to complete the circuit. Wild guess, I know.

But unless I get your helicopter on my bench here, I could only offer you theories. And those theories are thin, I'm aware. If it ain't borken, leave it. Go fly!
Old Feb 20, 2013, 04:49 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
BTW, my S107 and I went for another hospital visit today. Senior lady fell and broke her hip. You should see the big smile on her face when the helicopter came out!

My S107 flying skill is getting really good here. It goes with me to the hospital all the time. I fly circuits in hospital room. To date, I haven't cut any IVs or killed any one.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:00 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Picked up a Green S-107G from Amazon.It shiped on Tue. from Ms. and arrived in Nashville Wed. afternoon. That's quick. Sale price plus shipping minus $12.00 left on a gift card total price $10.57..It's charging now and then flight time.
Hotfire is offline Find More Posts by Hotfire
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:45 PM
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
s107H and s107N

I did some checking on the new helis from syma. The s107-N and the s107-H. What I could get out of my parts suplyers is the s107-N will be available very soon. On the s107-H 2.4GHz
Well all they could say is it might be the replacement for the s107-G. They will be using the same parts, frame plastic main body and motors. Itís the 2.4GHz that will make the helis better. For me using a 2.4GHz transmitter instead of the inferred means I will be able to run the heli out doors and farther away from the TX. I need the extra distance do to the increase in speed. They also said to be very careful on the web sites that offer you to prepay or preorder.
SAF_Dogface is offline Find More Posts by SAF_Dogface
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:25 AM
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Jan 2012
17 Posts
Meritline has blue, yellow and red S107G's for $19.99 shipped from L.A.(shipping included) . Today only. Limit of 100 using coupon code shown on website.
http://www.meritline.com/dailydeals.aspx
Aurora Chris is offline Find More Posts by Aurora Chris
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:58 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,615 Posts
I really love my S107G's but sometimes they just drop out of the sky?? What are the possible causes??
kenstogie is online now Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:04 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
I really love my S107G's but sometimes they just drop out of the sky?? What are the possible causes??
If you have bright sunlight or a plama television on or any bright lighting in the same room then they can all cause the signal to be lost and your S107 will drop like a stone

John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:19 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
+1. What John said, and also your cat with an air rifle.

Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:34 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
S107N shows in stock just this morning:

SYMA new S107N
3ch coaxial IR control. 2 Colors, Red or Blue. $24.16 shipped.

If you would like to order one, and would grace me with a referral, please use my referral link to purchase. Thank you.

I have started a discussion thread for S107N, please feel free to stop by.
Last edited by Heli Pad; Feb 21, 2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:42 PM
Joined Jan 2013
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Surely chassis are aluminium and whilst not a good conductor of low voltage is still a conductor.Works well enough on high voltage power lines!
I suspect that short is from side frame through the charging plug as mine is now running when I try to charge!
ffiill is offline Find More Posts by ffiill
Old Feb 21, 2013, 01:23 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
And we are dealing with <5 volt DC. LOL