HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:50 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,743 Posts
Anyone who's interested in getting a Syma S107G (in green color), or get your 2nd, 3rd one for that matter, Amazon is having it on sale again, at $18 FSSS.

Last time I posted it, it only lasted a day and the price went up to $25. Get them while you can.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:11 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,632 Posts
Whats the diff between the S107G and S107N anyway??

Thanks Heli Pad, I just sent a buddy of mine one of the green S107G's he'll love it!
kenstogie is offline Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:32 AM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,432 Posts
The measurements are just a tiny bit bigger on the newer S107N from the original S107G even though they both use the same capacity battery. It looks like the newer S107N does with a single larger main gear what the S107G does with a smaller, double reduction gear set. There could be a slight friction improvement on the "N" with 2 less gears, but some of that could actually be lost by swinging those 2 larger coaxial main gears~~~~~~~hmmmmmmm...............hard to tell. The "N" has some metal frame around those new main gears.

John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:13 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
Whats the diff between the S107G and S107N anyway??

Thanks Heli Pad, I just sent a buddy of mine one of the green S107G's he'll love it!
Nice!

AFAIK, no one has a S107N, yet. It is announced in Syma's 2013 catalog. So far, I have only seen photos, and pre-release info. I started an info thread for the S107N. There is some comparison made between the S107G and S107N based on observations. Feel free to stop by and add any thought you might have. I hope that it will become available. There is good potentials that I could see. But I don't like the new Tx already.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:07 PM
Childlike Activity for Adults
United States, MA, Cummington
Joined Dec 2012
3,406 Posts
I hope the current transmitters will be compatible withe the new Tx..
jbrumberg is online now Find More Posts by jbrumberg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Improving Visibility
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:23 PM
Joined Apr 2005
419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post
The measurements are just a tiny bit bigger on the newer S107N from the original S107G even though they both use the same capacity battery. It looks like the newer S107N does with a single larger main gear what the S107G does with a smaller, double reduction gear set. There could be a slight friction improvement on the "N" with 2 less gears, but some of that could actually be lost by swinging those 2 larger coaxial main gears~~~~~~~hmmmmmmm...............hard to tell. The "N" has some metal frame around those new main gears.

John in Merrill
The S107N main gear appears to be the same or at least very similar to the main gear of the S800. Altho the S107N pics show the same side by side arrarngement of the two main motors as the S800's motors, the S107N motors are different than those of my two S800's.
HIR/Cer is offline Find More Posts by HIR/Cer
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:31 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrumberg View Post
I hope the current transmitters will be compatible withe the new Tx..
As prices go down on the circuitry for the newer 2.4 Ghz RF radios, the indoor only IR transmitters should become extinct on new products. While the little S107G coaxial is no match for anything stronger than a babies breath, and can't handle even a bounce of sunlight reflected off you sunglasses, there are those few wonderful calm moments outside that would be fun for an S107G 2.4 Ghz model.

John in Merrill
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:54 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,632 Posts
The popularity of these reminds me of the plane that got me into rc flight......Airhogs aeroace. Are the other Syma products as awesome as the S107g?.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:17 PM
Joined Jun 2011
1,432 Posts
Quote:
The popularity of these reminds me of the plane that got me into rc flight......Airhogs aeroace. Are the other Syma products as awesome as the S107g?.
A lot of the Syma and UDI brand IR Heli's are nice too, but mostly the little ones like the military plastic bodied coaxial models that are about S107 size. The new baby Quads are great too from both of those companies and a bunch of others! Search RCGroups and you can find reviews and threads for all of them. The military models are a little more difficult to work on with their totally enclosed plastic bodies.

Have Fun
John in Merrill
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:33 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,894 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, all of Syma's helis that are the size of the S107G are pretty awesome. I've got the full fuselage S102G, S108G, S109G, S111G, and S026G, as well as the pod & boom S110G (smaller than S107G!), S105G (S107G with diff. canopy style).

I like UDI's stuff and I have two of their airwolf helis that shoots missiles (lol!!!)

I have a JXD 339 (dual/rate tail and lots of LED lights) and a JXD 340 (drift king 4ch) that are pretty cool

Finally, I have the Lighthawk Duo tandem as well and it's a zippier and smaller version of the S026G.

It's hard to go wrong with the coaxial helis in this size.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:49 PM
Joined Apr 2005
419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Anyone who's interested in getting a Syma S107G (in green color), or get your 2nd, 3rd one for that matter, Amazon is having it on sale again, at $18 FSSS.

Last time I posted it, it only lasted a day and the price went up to $25. Get them while you can.
Just checked and the price is now $25.99! Earlier this AM it was still at $17.99. HP, as you mentioned, get them while you can!.
HIR/Cer is offline Find More Posts by HIR/Cer
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:11 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,743 Posts
Wow, no kidding. $26.98 now! Price war in the wrong direction for us. Arr0whead, did you have something to do with this?

At least Kenstogie took advantage of the last sale.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:01 AM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
seems they run for $19.99 at banggood most all the time...Shipping takes awhile but oh well. Its worth it to me at least.
6sharky9 is offline Find More Posts by 6sharky9
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:45 AM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,632 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Wow, no kidding. $26.98 now! Price war in the wrong direction for us. Arr0whead, did you have something to do with this?

At least Kenstogie took advantage of the last sale.
I got most of mine from meritline and would've sent my buddy one from there if I could've figured out how to ship to different address. but this time it was through Amazon and I am an AMAZON PRIME guy so 2 day shipping was free too, sweet. That was S107G #4 for me. I brought one to Cigar night and flew it around with the gang and had a 2 guys want to buy one which they did right then and there.

Can I get a commission or multiple purchase discout??
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:49 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,743 Posts
Hehe, I know the feeling. If I could get commission for promoting the S107G, I'd be a rich man.