HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:07 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysCrusher View Post
The body of the motor is actually 7mm diameter by 17mm length. Including the spindle it's 25mm in length. Looks like the spindle on what you have is a bit short. Looks like 21mm from that picture. If you got 22mm the pinion would just fit right to mesh with the gears. Anything shorter than that, looks like it wouldn't work unless it's the A motor.
Thanks. I think I have my terminology wrong. Maybe this is an "A" motor - it's the front-most motor but it drives the lower set of blades on the highest drive gear. A longer shaft isn't a problem.

Does anyone know if there's any real difference in quality from the suppliers? If so, whom do you recommend?

Update: The Syma 107 motor was a perfect match for the World Tech Toys Nano Herc. It's the lower rotor motor, black and white wires and the polarity was the same as the original (white +, IIRC). The pinion gear that came on the replacement looks a little larger than the Herc's so I swapped it. The shaft is longer than the original but it's not a problem and the heli flys like new.
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
Last edited by stringrazor; Feb 06, 2013 at 03:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:55 PM
S107, S026
Nashville, TN
Joined Aug 2010
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotfire View Post
T Square, Thanks. Mine is a DMZ S-107 a Syma clone from Hobby Lobby on Franklin Pk.
What part of Music City do you live.

Jim
I am on the west side of town.
TSquare123 is offline Find More Posts by TSquare123
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:51 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSquare123 View Post
I am on the west side of town.
Belle Vue
Hotfire is offline Find More Posts by Hotfire
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:12 AM
S107, S026
Nashville, TN
Joined Aug 2010
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotfire View Post
Belle Vue
Not quite that far west. Charlotte Park area.
TSquare123 is offline Find More Posts by TSquare123
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:14 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,615 Posts
I have gotten 4 of these 107G's from Meritline and LOVE THEM!! Flies as good as my MCX's and is 1/5th the price!! Has anyone tried the Nano-Tech batteries in theses?? I know they have some smaller batts.
kenstogie is offline Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:33 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
I have gotten 4 of these 107G's from Meritline and LOVE THEM!! Flies as good as my MCX's and is 1/5th the price!! Has anyone tried the Nano-Tech batteries in theses?? I know they have some smaller batts.

Doing a mod to accept the E-flite Blade/UMX 150 mAH 25 c 1S bat could be handy. It has turned out to be one of the strongest 1S bats available for the small stuff. You would need to splice or solder in a E-flite micro connector to your S-107. Get it online or from your LHS. You would need a real charger for these bats though as they don't have the built-in circuit for overcharge protection. A real charger, even if it is the cheapy that comes with all of the E-flite Blade/UMX aircraft, will take care of the overcharge protection for you, and usually much better.
The real advantage of this mod would to be able to quickly change batteries and to be able to charge batteries off/away from the helicopter. I have a very handy E-flite Celectra 4 port charger that came with my first mSR heli. Look on Ebay for Celectra

John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Last edited by jgestner; Feb 05, 2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:19 PM
Can we lift the embargo?
menands flats, NY
Joined Dec 2006
1,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post

Doing a mod to accept the E-flite Blade/UMX 150 mAH 25 c 1S bat could be handy. It has turned out to be one of the strongest 1S bats available for the small stuff. You would need to splice or solder in a E-flite micro connector to your S-107. Get it online or from your LHS. You would need a real charger for these bats though as they don't have the built-in circuit for overcharge protection. A real charger, even if it is the cheapy that comes with all of the E-flite Blade/UMX aircraft, will take care of the overcharge protection for you, and usually much better.
The real advantage of this mod would to be able to quickly change batteries and to be able to charge batteries off/away from the helicopter. I have a very handy E-flite Celectra 4 port charger that came with my first mSR heli. Look on Ebay for Celectra

HJohn in Merrill
Thanks Hjohn, woukd I see much of a performance/flight time increase?
kenstogie is offline Find More Posts by kenstogie
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:01 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
One thing that I've always considered doing but haven't gotten around to yet is keeping the stock battery in the S107G but splicing in an E-Flite micro connector and then exposing the connector on the outside. That way I could use my Thunderpower AC6 charger to properly charge these batteries as well as put them at proper storage charge without the guesswork of whether it's supposed to be 3 minutes or 4 minutes of flight to put the voltage at 3.8V.

I'd REALLY like to do this for all of my scale models (e.g. S108G, S109G, S111G, S026G, etc...) since replacing puffed batteries in these guys is a real chore.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:22 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,495 Posts
@John in Merrill, Dude, is this some kind of sick joke printing a post in light green. Think about us old Guys with bad eyes. Once you go black, you'll never go back

I joke of course

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:08 AM
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
@John in Merrill, Dude, is this some kind of sick joke printing a post in light green. Think about us old Guys with bad eyes. Once you go black, you'll never go back

I joke of course

Mike.

Hmmmmmm.....................
On my 32" monitor that color looked nice
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:12 AM
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
One thing that I've always considered doing but haven't gotten around to yet is keeping the stock battery in the S107G but splicing in an E-Flite micro connector and then exposing the connector on the outside. That way I could use my Thunderpower AC6 charger to properly charge these batteries as well as put them at proper storage charge without the guesswork of whether it's supposed to be 3 minutes or 4 minutes of flight to put the voltage at 3.8V.

I'd REALLY like to do this for all of my scale models (e.g. S108G, S109G, S111G, S026G, etc...) since replacing puffed batteries in these guys is a real chore.
I agree!!!! But now with 3 new mini quads, I may just switch everything to either E-flite micro or Losi micro. Already switched the goofy backward polarity of the 1SQ on the Quad and on it's charger to match the batteries on the other mini quads.

John
Last edited by jgestner; Feb 08, 2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:17 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,622 Posts
Robo, I hear what you're trying to do. I understand that it is a different problem with scale models. For the S107, Daryoon and I went all out and converted ours to use Eflite batteries. You've seen my blog on that, haven't you?
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:19 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post
Hmmmmmm.....................
On my 32" monitor that color looked nice
I have to agree with Mike. This coloring stuff doesn't help.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:20 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Robo, I hear what you're trying to do. I understand that it is a different problem with scale models. For the S107, Daryoon and I went all out and converted ours to use Eflite batteries. You've seen my blog on that, haven't you?

Oh yeah. Absolutely. It's a fantastic mod and one that I've been considering for a while ever since I first discovered the S107G and RCGroups. I think as my batteries wear out I'll do these sorts of things rather than buying and soldering in stock batteries.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:27 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I have to agree with Mike. This coloring stuff doesn't help.
Ha, ha, ha...had to transfer to black to read your post
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012