SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:32 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts

Hey everybody, this is a great and active thread. I'm brand new but have read through 100 pages or so and forgive me if the answer to my questions are buried in there somewhere.

1) My brother-in law broke one of my blades (thats what i get for letting him fly ) where is the best place to get replacement parts. I saw an amazon ad for $3 for 16 replacements plus $3 shipping. Is this a decent deal? Heres the link. http://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Syma-Replacement-Blades-S107-02/dp/B004Y4GTAS/ref=sr_1_40ie=UTF8&qid=1359565386&sr=8-40&keywords=syma107g+blade? Are there any other replacement parts I should have on standby in case the inevitable happens?
2) I see from reading, that you get 50-100 flights from these helis. Is there a step by step to replace the battery? I have zero soldering experience.
thx in advance.
AZmook is offline Find More Posts by AZmook
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:41 PM
Childlike Activity for Adults
United States, MA, Cummington
Joined Dec 2012
3,079 Posts
Heli longevity is a function of battery care, modifications, and collision avoidance. I have had approximately 25 4 minute flights (with 2
s107's) since 1.26.2013 without problems. I beat up my other heli's outside. My mistakes outside definitely have affected my learning curve indoors with these heli's. These are great teaching heli's. I plan to pick up a few more if I ever get back in my wife's good graces (not likely anytime soon).
jbrumberg is offline Find More Posts by jbrumberg
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jbrumberg; Jan 30, 2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:21 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmook View Post
Hey everybody, this is a great and active thread. I'm brand new but have read through 100 pages or so and forgive me if the answer to my questions are buried in there somewhere.

1) My brother-in law broke one of my blades (thats what i get for letting him fly ) where is the best place to get replacement parts. I saw an amazon ad for $3 for 16 replacements plus $3 shipping. Is this a decent deal? Heres the link. http://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Syma-Replacement-Blades-S107-02/dp/B004Y4GTAS/ref=sr_1_40ie=UTF8&qid=1359565386&sr=8-40&keywords=syma107g+blade? Are there any other replacement parts I should have on standby in case the inevitable happens?
2) I see from reading, that you get 50-100 flights from these helis. Is there a step by step to replace the battery? I have zero soldering experience.
thx in advance.
Xheli has a good rep for genuine Syma parts. If I were to order anything extra it would be a flybar and a couple inner shafts and blades of course.
http://www.xheli.com/56h-s107-miniheli-yellow.html

I put you on the "yellow" replacement parts but they also have the other colors as well. I think there is another vendor the Guys use but, I forget. I have several 107's which are donors

Welcome to RCG,
Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:40 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmook View Post

thx in advance.
Welcome to RCG/S107. I keep track of replacement parts all the time, and you have linked my best source. You can't beat 16 blades for $3 (shipped)! I don't know why you said there is a $3 shipping charge. There isn't. Superstition Hobbies is one of the top vendors in Syma parts. I have bought lots of stuff from them.

Nothing against Xheli.com that Chappy recommends. But when you add up the cost and shipping charges, there is no competition in this case. If yellow is your color, go for it. For some reasons, red and blue are more expensive. So, if you have a yellow bird, congratulations!

The other part that I would recommend getting as standby is the main shaft/rotor head assembly. Believe me, I have seen more people broke the pivot pins in the head assembly than anything else. For this part, and it you could wait, this is the cheapest source:
Qty 1
Qty 2
Qty 5
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:13 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,615 Posts
Project Downsizing Battery

Supersizing my battery? No, just the opposite!

I've been talking about using smaller, not bigger batteries on my RC models. Here are my experimental results:
1. 150mAh, 4.37g, 6.0 mins
2. 100mAh, 3.20g, 4.5 mins ($1.75)
3. 70mAh, 2.20g, 3.5 mins ($1.61)

100mAh for almost 5 minutes. That's not bad. For a complete write up and analysis, read my blog here.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:53 AM
Joined May 2010
150 Posts
Heli Pad,

Who or where is the best source of replacement batteries for my S107's. Thanks.

Karol
Karolh is offline Find More Posts by Karolh
Old Feb 01, 2013, 11:58 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,615 Posts
Other than the links I just gave you? LOL

Nah, you don't necessary want to go the route I went. These other batteries do not have OCP (OverCharge Protection), and extra care must be taken with them.

If you're looking for replacement batteries, and need them in a hurry (assuming that you're Stateside), I would suggest Amazon, with vendors like Helizone. Otherwise, if you don't mind waiting, you could save some money by buying on eBay. Most sellers are from Hong Kong, China.

I would really suggest going with the stock 150mAh. There are many 240mAh out there. They work, I have tried them. But I'd rather get the 150's if I could.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:01 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,615 Posts
Here's one from Amazon.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:37 PM
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
New here. Just bought S-107 and have a slight problem. Upon lift off she wants to lean to the right.The right control stick is in the center position. Is there any ideas on how to correct this.
Thanks.....Jim
Hotfire is offline Find More Posts by Hotfire
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:06 AM
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
207 Posts
Hi all,
what a great thread... just after christmas I visited the local ALDI store . they had been selling these tiny helis for a while 19..anyway , two days after christmas I get one on sale at only 12... it is a bladz salvation, turns out to be a great little flyer and guess what, I've caught the bug for these little devils... anyway after about a week of almost non stop flying strange things happened when I flew it so I came onto this thread and discovered alll new things , like TBE and the likes. I went on line, after stripping the little fella down and ordered a replacement kit for the rotors and shaft etc, while I was on Ebay searching, I found one of these S107s going for 12 . 99 no post charges so off went the order , and yesterday both packages arrived from China..... I stripped domn the top rotor assembly and with a bit of thought managed to replace the damaged parts with the syma replacements
So now I again have two of these delightful little things to play with. How do they compare i hear you ask.... well if I am honest the easiest to fly is the S107,it is just so stable. and now i have removed the spring from the throttle stick I am able to fly it hands free. The Blades is again flying and is also very stable, but comes into its own when flying forward and backwards , it is just so much more agile, although I am waiting for new skids to get here
I am now addicted to thesethings they are flitting around the living room all evening , much to the annoyance of my good lady, so there's a bonus
gordynic is offline Find More Posts by gordynic
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:02 PM
scotland
Joined Jul 2003
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotfire View Post
New here. Just bought S-107 and have a slight problem. Upon lift off she wants to lean to the right.The right control stick is in the center position. Is there any ideas on how to correct this. .
Thanks.....Jim
how far off the ground are you when this happens? both mine do this if I try to hover in the ground effect ..... try to hop up to about 18 inches , the heli is then in undisturbed???? air
I generally leap up into clear air the do a controlled descent .....

I had some fun flying just above the dining table, and over the edge. it drops till just above the floor then bounces on the air deflected back.....also fun trying to fly along the table and trying to land on a square biscuit tin, or try taking off from the tin , fun as one side of the rotors comes out the ground effect
gordynic is offline Find More Posts by gordynic
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:44 PM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordynic View Post
how far off the ground are you when this happens? both mine do this if I try to hover in the ground effect ..... try to hop up to about 18 inches , the heli is then in undisturbed???? air
I generally leap up into clear air the do a controlled descent .....

I had some fun flying just above the dining table, and over the edge. it drops till just above the floor then bounces on the air deflected back.....also fun trying to fly along the table and trying to land on a square biscuit tin, or try taking off from the tin , fun as one side of the rotors comes out the ground effect
Mine starts to tilt as soon as I try to lift off. The left skid comes off the ground first.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:33 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,615 Posts
Hotfire, I would suggest that you check the pivot pins of your S107. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, please click on my name, to read the blog. I believe it is the last entry.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:28 PM
Joined Apr 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Hotfire, I would suggest that you check the pivot pins of your S107. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, please click on my name, to read the blog. I believe it is the last entry.
The pivot pins are ok. Great blog, I,ll keep it bookmarked. Thanks for the help.
Jim
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:39 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,615 Posts
Oh? That would have been my guess when you said that the helicopter leans to the right. Perhaps, I envisioned it wrong. Could you show us a video of it doing that, and/or a few close-up photo of the upper/lower blade grips? Perhaps we could spot something.