to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:20 PM
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x777x View Post
12ob

here is a photo i found
ahh... my PCB say "R5" on them probably a totally different layout from that one.
l2ob is offline Find More Posts by l2ob
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:34 PM
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
2nd photo is R5
x777x is offline Find More Posts by x777x
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:47 PM
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
2nd photo is R5
that one appears to be the same aside from the +POS BATT lead. maybe it traces back to something else but i cant see how that coulf be right cuz with the positive of both main motors hooked up directly to the +POS BATT they would be always "ON" unless the power switch cuts the GND to the motors.

this would mean as soon as you turn on the switch both motors would just turn on full blast unless the throttle circuit is on the GND side of things? which would be weird...
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:01 PM
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
12ob,

i remember when i took mine apart it was just like that...2nd photo
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:10 PM
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
12ob,

i remember when i took mine apart it was just like that...2nd photo
i haven't personally traced out the PCB yet, but i believe you.

just now seen that in the pics it looks like both those pads are running on the same trace. so it wouldn't matter which pad they are soldered to i guess, on the R5 PCB anyway.

weird design IMO, but hey it works well!
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:21 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,172 Posts
In my experience, there is no difference between the R3 and R5 pin out. I have both.

I have always used the pin out below. I2ob, you are correct that the POS of the two main motors share one pad. This pad is directly connected to VCC. The throttle control is indeed done via the NEG.

x777x, I have reviewed the eBay posting. If the seller insisted that the green PCB you will receive makes no difference to the Syma original red PCB, and that you have Email and asked the question and received the reply you posted, you have done all your due diligence. You should be golden. In the unfortunate event that the green PCB turn out incompatible, you have all the ammunition you need to file a claim for your money. If it works, that would be a great price. Wonder if she ships to US?
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 07, 2013, 03:33 PM
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
HeliPad,

as it is so cheap i will try it see if it works, i have an s107 that i striped for parts,
i have been looking at the american special edition s107 on ebay us just the cost of the air mail is more than the heli.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:12 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,172 Posts
Yes, I heard that the postage is a killer. You like the american special edition very much? I've seen two styles. Which one do you like?
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:27 PM
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
thought there was only 1.. will have to look closer
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:39 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,172 Posts
Pre-2012 and Post-2012.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:51 PM
Joined Jan 2013
67 Posts
Sorry, Just just jumping in here, HeliPad When I do want to "jump in" or report my progrees on something Do I go someplace alse? Do'nt want to get in between others that are asking importentent questions.
Just wanted to let you know, have been flying my 107 and 026 both indoors and out! Having a blast! Even got the yiboo avastar uj4805and theyiboo 30" uj300 and have not have any problems at all! Thank you for your help
fishandflying is offline Find More Posts by fishandflying
Old Jan 07, 2013, 06:38 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,172 Posts
Good news, Fish, sounds good. Keep flying.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:38 AM
Joined Dec 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
In my experience, there is no difference between the R3 and R5 pin out. I have both.

I have always used the pin out below. I2ob, you are correct that the POS of the two main motors share one pad. This pad is directly connected to VCC. The throttle control is indeed done via the NEG.
thanks for clearing that up.

un related, i got my carbonfiber kit yesterday

http://shop.carbonfibers107.com/Stan...er-Kit-004.htm

installed the kit and seems to be a great mod.

i dont have a scale yet but "feels" lighter than my other s107 with the drilling i did on the aluminum frame pieces. it seems much faster than my aluminium one also. the responsiveness is crazy i still cant believe the difference a weight reduction makes compared to the stock configuration.

2 complaints i have however is that the tail boom & upper frame pieces were not a direct fit. on the upper frame pieces i had to cut two posts (one on each side) that sit directly under the screw holes in order to get everything to fit. the post do not serve any function that i can see and are "dead weight" IMO but might pose a problem to some ppl with out a hobby knife or dremmel tool. the tail boom had no slots or mounting holes cut ether. so there is only one easy way to fasten it and that would be using glue. im sure a tail motor will fail one day so i dont see that as good solution. so all i did was use my hobby knife to ream out two small holes for the mounting screws to guide into. worked perfect and took like 30 seconds to do.

i can take some pics tonight and post em up for those that enjoy mods.

all in all, ether going with the "Swiss cheese mod" or carbon fiber kit. you cant go wrong!
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:57 PM
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
HeliPad,
i am looking at the new 2012 model, dont think the wife would let me get another 1 as i have just got 2 yellow s107g....