SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:20 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydown View Post
Once I got past the frustration of a couple things being the opposite of what the directions said I decided to keep it since it looks good and seems to fly well. I bought it on e-bay for a total of $22 which included shipping so it would not be worth the trouble of sending it back. If it is a clone I would not know the difference since I never owned the original.
My yellow syma s107g has a light yellow green pcb, but it does say S107R5. The throttle did have a spring and I removed that..also it has only two frequency selections instead of the older ones which were 3.

Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Last edited by Jake8131; Nov 16, 2012 at 09:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:03 PM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
1,009 Posts
My fake Syma?

My fake Syma?
flydown is offline Find More Posts by flydown
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:50 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,496 Posts
I'm afraid so. But it seriously did a good job faking it.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:27 AM
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
Quote:
My fake Syma?
I ordered several s107 and found one of them with the green fiber glass circuit board like the one that you have. The green main motor that is on your heli has the same 1.7 OHM resistance as the syma s107 main motors. The 4mm tail motor has a resistance of 5.3 which is the same as the s107. The two things I found that were substandard were the circuit board and the transmitter.
SAF_Dogface is offline Find More Posts by SAF_Dogface
Last edited by SAF_Dogface; Nov 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:30 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
My yellow syma s107g has a light yellow green pcb, but it does say S107R5. The throttle did have a spring and I removed that..also it has only two frequency selections instead of the older ones which were 3.
The older ones indicated three channels A, B & C but only ever had two that could be used

Later on they changed the Tx to show only two channels.

If you go way back to the beginning of this thread you will see that very subject discussed - my that was a long time ago

John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:09 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,252 Posts
Quote:
My fake Syma?
Two things I can see...a yellow cap on the back motor.
No little plastic plugs on the skids.
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Nov 21, 2012, 12:12 PM
still learning
The Netherlands, ZH, Lekkerkerk
Joined Aug 2010
56 Posts
Happy

After reading and learning a lot in this topic I decided to buy one for my son. A few years ago a bought a fake for him (never heard of Syma before) at a fair and it didn't work at all. One disappointed kid Later we bought a Lama, second mistake: too big to fly in the house.
This time I bought it online from banggood for about $17.- which is 14,- euros. It just took 12 days from HK to the Netherlands; unbelievable
Just as it says on their website it was repackaged to make it smaller and stronger. They did a good job. My son now has a beautiful genuine blue s107 which flies nicely. It just goes a little backwards by itself.
I immediately bought a second one frome them in red and some spares.
C4Vette is offline Find More Posts by C4Vette
Last edited by C4Vette; Nov 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Typo (one of them at least...)
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:28 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,496 Posts
C4Vette, Welcome to RCG. I'm happy for you. If yours goes a little backwards by itself, consider one of these remedies. Open up the canopy and see if you could reposition the battery forward a little bit to shift the CG forward. Or, remove the vertical tail fin. Either one of these will make a small shift in CG and help your S107 hover steady.
Last edited by Heli Pad; Nov 21, 2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:06 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,771 Posts
Hooray!!! S107Gs for everyone. Welcome to RCG! It's a great little heli as you know. It's the perfect gateway drug to get anyone hooked on the hobby.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Jun 2012
187 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to all here and may the spirit of the s107g be upon you!
Getto Bird is offline Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Last edited by Getto Bird; Nov 23, 2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:23 AM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Does anyone want my s107? Gyro is playing up and just need to get rid of it. Taking up room I could fill with something else. Pay the postage and live in the UK and it's your. Includes model tx and usb cable. Let me on pm please.
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:52 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.laws View Post
Does anyone want my s107? Gyro is playing up and just need to get rid of it. Taking up room I could fill with something else. Pay the postage and live in the UK and it's your. Includes model tx and usb cable. Let me on pm please.
Given up already? I am still waiting to see the video to see what it is doing wrong!?!

If I were in the UK, I would definitely take a look at your bird for you. But shipping cost out of the country is prohibitive. If you want to upload a video of what it is doing, I'd still be happy to share my thoughts with you. It might not be as bad as you thought it is.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:13 AM
Night flier
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Given up already? I am still waiting to see the video to see what it is doing wrong!?!

If I were in the UK, I would definitely take a look at your bird for you. But shipping cost out of the country is prohibitive. If you want to upload a video of what it is doing, I'd still be happy to share my thoughts with you. It might not be as bad as you thought it is.
Thanks bud but It may be sold already. Got a mcx and a hubsan 4x so IDE rather pass it on to someone. IR is no good for going far. Mcx and 4X are 2.4ghz and better range. Thanks for help but I'm happy someone else to have it.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:18 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,496 Posts
Yes, all true. Hopefully, your buyer knows how to work around that bird. Otherwise, he could be the next one getting help here.

Enjoy your MCX and X4. I don't lurk at those forums as much. But I'll see you.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:15 PM
Night flier
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Yes, all true. Hopefully, your buyer knows how to work around that bird. Otherwise, he could be the next one getting help here.

Enjoy your MCX and X4. I don't lurk at those forums as much. But I'll see you.
Not if I see u first lol. Yeah shame about s107 lost box and receipt for model. So can't get another one!