Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 07, 2012, 07:13 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
S107g intermittent response.

Hi,
I bought two s107g and have been delighted flying (about 20 flights each with no serious crashes).
Last week I just couldn't flight one of them. It just wouldn't bind. I discarded the possibility of remote controller failure as I was able to flight the second heli. Strikingly, I managed to start it after a few times of moving the throttle up and down. Although it flew, it seems that the heli only receive the signal in an intermittent manner and also has a delayed response to both left and right sticks.
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any ideas how to solve this problem would be appreciated.
Thanks
Raul
Mraul is offline Find More Posts by Mraul
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2012, 08:23 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Jake8131's Avatar
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mraul View Post
Hi,
I bought two s107g and have been delighted flying (about 20 flights each with no serious crashes).
Last week I just couldn't flight one of them. It just wouldn't bind. I discarded the possibility of remote controller failure as I was able to flight the second heli. Strikingly, I managed to start it after a few times of moving the throttle up and down. Although it flew, it seems that the heli only receive the signal in an intermittent manner and also has a delayed response to both left and right sticks.
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any ideas how to solve this problem would be appreciated.
Thanks
Raul
Put a fresh supply of Duracell Batts int he Tx and make sure the s107 is fully charged...did you say you got two? Make sure the other Tx is off.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:05 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Jake8131's Avatar
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,178 Posts
Lazy afternoon, cold and windy outside...

SYMAS107G EEE (2 min 50 sec)
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:15 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
6,327 Posts
Aww, Jake. Perhaps, you could send your Nano CPx to me. I'll baby sit it for you and return it after winter?
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:45 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Jake8131's Avatar
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Aww, Jake. Perhaps, you could send your Nano CPx to me. I'll baby sit it for you and return it after winter?
Nah.....
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:35 PM
Hokie Jim
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
So, is there any difference between the S107 and S107G? They seem to be used interchangeably or simultaneously. I presume the G stands for "gyro", and I would guess that the bar at the top of the rotor shaft provides gyroscopic stability, but is there some other "gyro" stabilizing feature on the 107G that's not on the 107? Every friend I turn on to these helis asks me the same thing, and I can't answer it.
jimhokie is offline Find More Posts by jimhokie
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 12:39 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
6,327 Posts
Now, you can look very smart in front of your friends, by telling them that there is really NO difference between the S107 and S107G. Every single S107 has a gyro.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:24 AM
Master Of My Universe
scotsoft's Avatar
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli pad View Post
now, you can look very smart in front of your friends, by telling them that there is really no difference between the s107 and s107g. Every single s107 has a gyro.
+1
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:35 AM
Registered User
Getto Bird's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
187 Posts
You know I popped a 150mAH battery back in my s107g and seems like all the original checks and balances are back….
I had up’ed the battery to a 200mAH and was a noticeable difference, she flew well but some how I like it back this way.
Getto Bird is offline Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:46 AM
Master Of My Universe
scotsoft's Avatar
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getto Bird View Post
You know I popped a 150mAH battery back in my s107g and seems like all the original checks and balances are back….
I had up’ed the battery to a 200mAH and was a noticeable difference, she flew well but some how I like it back this way.
It is because the 200mAH is that little bit heavier and the S107 is a finely balanced machine as far as weight goes.

I doubt you would actually notice any diffenece in flight time with the larger capacity battery anyway

Stick to the smaller batteries and you won't make the motors struggle with extra weight and it will repay you by doing what it does best - stable flights

John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Last edited by scotsoft; Oct 10, 2012 at 12:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:30 PM
Registered User
Getto Bird's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
It is because the 200mAH is that little bit heavier and the S107 is a finely nalanced machine as far as weight goes.

I doubt you would actually notice any diffenece in flight time with the larger capacity battery anyway

Stick to the smaller batteries and you won't make the motors struggle with extra weight and it will repay you by doing what it does best - stable flights

John.
That's it right there John....you hit it right on the head.
Getto Bird is offline Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:05 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
6,327 Posts
+1 to John. S107G is a fine precision flyer. The 150mAh battery is its perfect match. Larger battery is heavier and it takes away from the added capacity. The small gain doesn't warrant messing up a perfect bird. I've been saying all along. The best way to double the fly time is buy another S107G.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:45 PM
Registered User
Getto Bird's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
+1 to John. S107G is a fine precision flyer. The 150mAh battery is its perfect match. Larger battery is heavier and it takes away from the added capacity. The small gain doesn't warrant messing up a perfect bird. I've been saying all along. The best way to double the fly time is buy another S107G.
You guys are soooo right...time to build my fleet.
Getto Bird is offline Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:43 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Jake8131's Avatar
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhokie View Post
So, is there any difference between the S107 and S107G? They seem to be used interchangeably or simultaneously. I presume the G stands for "gyro", and I would guess that the bar at the top of the rotor shaft provides gyroscopic stability, but is there some other "gyro" stabilizing feature on the 107G that's not on the 107? Every friend I turn on to these helis asks me the same thing, and I can't answer it.
There is no difference...the S107 always came with a gyro.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:11 PM
Hokie Jim
Joined Oct 2012
10 Posts
OK, so what/where is the gyro? Is it the bar above the rotors (which certainly creates a gyroscopic stabilizing force) or is there some electronic gyro on the PCB?
jimhokie is offline Find More Posts by jimhokie
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 3-channel Micro IR S107 Metal HoneyBee Helicopter No.ES0107 (with Gyro) mictopwin Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 8 May 09, 2011 01:47 PM
Discussion V-max .vs. Falcon-X .vs. Syma 3 S107? 7immy Mini Helis 12 Apr 07, 2011 04:11 PM
Discussion Mosquito 3CH Radio Control Helicopter Version 2 by Syma Wayno-san Micro Ready-to-Fly 39 Dec 26, 2010 02:36 PM