SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:43 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
Pure unabashed experimentation into the outer limits of the 107's flying frontier!

(hey, he'll be the one laughing when he discovers a way to pitch the tail-rotor at some weird angle,... and ends up with the first S107 in history that does 35MPH in FFF)
In other words, you have way too much time on your hands like the rest of us!! LOL!
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:44 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
Ordered mine...

I ordered the Syma S107G a few days ago and it shipped today! Its estimated to arrive on Tuesday, October 2.

The helicopter, plus a complete set of replacement parts for $25.36 shipped from Amazon.

Convinced by massive amounts of positive reviews, exceptional stability, and small size, I figured this little guy is a good addition to start expanding my fleet.

(Plus, this bird will keep busy me through the winter while the weather doesn't permit outdoor flight.)
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:47 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,877 Posts
Welcome to the club! I'm sure you'll enjoy this little guy. You'll soon find yourself looking at your furniture and possessions in a new light--potential landing spots!
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:33 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Welcome to the club! I'm sure you'll enjoy this little guy. You'll soon find yourself looking at your furniture and possessions in a new light--potential landing spots!
You mean Heli Pads!
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:42 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,877 Posts
I do indeed!
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:49 PM
Joined May 2012
66 Posts
ok, I have a newbie question. I had a motor burn out on my s107g. The black and white wire one which controls the lower rotor. I ordered a kit of "Motor A and Motor B" from amazon. well the black and white wire motor was way too small for the mount, I am assuming it is the tail rotor motor. So my only other option was the blue and red motor that came in the kit. My question is: Is there a difference in motors for the upper and lower rotors?
mebillica is offline Find More Posts by mebillica
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:53 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,693 Posts
So, your order came as one large and one small motors? That's something wrong at their end. But if you can't wait for them to fix the issue, and if the larger of the two motor fits, you could go ahead and use it. You just have to experiment a little bit with it to make sure that you have the correct polarity before you solder things up.

Who is the seller at Amazon that filled the order? Let us all stay away from them.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:21 AM
United States, MI, Cedar Springs
Joined Jul 2011
124 Posts
Guy's when I got my Syma about a year ago I got hooked and bought other heli's and let my father fly the Syma. We both stopped flying for several months and we charged it up again for him to fly. Now the battery only lasts about 10 seconds and pukes. Can anything be done or do I have to junk it?
Kamakzie is offline Find More Posts by Kamakzie
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:52 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,693 Posts
Unless you have placed the battery in storage mode (at about 3.84v), chances are the battery has now gone bad. Before you do anything else, I would advice taking the two tiny screws off the canopy and carefully separate the canopy from the frame so that you could see the battery in plain view. Squeeze the sides of the battery to see and feel if it has puffed up. If you could feel an air bubble inside the battery, it is done. Don't charge it any more!

Your helicopter(s) are probably still good. Battery should probably be replaced. If you are handy, you could buy replacement batteries from eBay for a few bucks. If that's too much work, consider buying a new helicopter. The S107 is so cheap now, about $17 new. Keep your old helicopter as parts donor for later.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:38 PM
Joined May 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Who is the seller at Amazon that filled the order? Let us all stay away from them.

Well, unless I miss understood what motor A and motor b are. Here is the product description:

Motor A B S107-16 17 For Syma S105G S107 RC Helicopter Description: Syma S105 S107 RC Helicopter Motor A B Part No. S107-16 S107-17 Package Include: 1 x Motor A 1 x Motor B 100% Syma Original Product

Sold by: I.N.C.I.R from USA, TX

I did put it in, and it does work, which is why I am asking what the difference is in the 2 rotor motors? Is one supposed to go at a higher rpm than the other? why not both the same?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:34 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,693 Posts
Those are the right part numbers and they should be both main motors. Essentially, they are the same. They go pretty much the same RPM. And that's the whole point of the coaxial - two rotors spinning at the same RPM in opposite direction to cancel the reactive rotation force.

The A and B motors are designed to spin in different directions. But in this toy application, reversing the polarity, causing the motor to spin at opposite direction is not the end of the world. If you're happy with the fix, fine. Otherwise, complain and return the merchandise.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:41 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebillica View Post
Sold by: I.N.C.I.R from USA, TX
Okay. Found them here. They are the ones who charge more shipping than the products. I'm not impressed with them already. If I were you, I would certainly contact them and made some noise. Tell them that they did not send what you ordered. If they apologize and correct the problem, fine. Otherwise, give them a negative rating and tell them that we will make a note here at the forum to not order from them. That's all.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:42 PM
Joined May 2012
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
two rotors spinning at the same RPM in opposite direction to cancel the reactive rotation force.

That's what I thought, but only having been in the RC Helio world for a week and a half, I wasn't sure. It's all together and running good. Not gonna make a deal out of it. The way I look at it, I have a spare tail motor now. BUT, I will avoid that company in the future! Thanks for the info!
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:38 PM
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
WWW.carbonfibers107.com

I had some extra time to work on the hand made 3ch heli. I was able to get the rest of the parts needed to install the main shafts and finished with the carbon fiber main frame.
The rotor blades are from the blade coaxial heli. The drive gears are from the s107. The front part of the plastic main body holding the A and B motors is from the s109 and the back end ware the tail motor sits is from the s107. I will be using the main motors from the s800g and circuit board from the s107 with a 240 mAh battery. I think the total weight of the heli will be between 34 and 35gr.

SAF_Dogface is offline Find More Posts by SAF_Dogface
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:48 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Sep 2012
85 Posts
It arrived!

This weekend, I welcomed the newest member to my fleet: The Syma S107G.

It flies wonderfully. It's remarkably stable, and its lived up to all the positive hype that follows it. A must have for any fleet.

I haven't had a chance to fly it much just yet as i'm still "breaking in" the battery. So i've not flown it more than a few flights each lasting a couple minutes at a time. Today however, that battery should be broken in just fine, and I hope to get a few good five minute flights out of it today.

Its maiden flight was yesterday morning, and it was so incredibly easy to get ahold of, that I felt very confident in its abilities and in my own. I flew it around the kitchen and the living room a bit without a crash, coupled with a few smooth landings and takeoffs. Flies great.

All in all, I love it, and I plan to write a review on Amazon for it once i've had a chance to really get some significant airtime with it...
HuskySpade is offline Find More Posts by HuskySpade