SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:41 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obiorion View Post
This happened after a recent crash by my 4yo co-pilot and makes for short lived but exciting 3-5 second flights. I thought it might have to do with bent main blades and replaced them with no change in behavior. The fly bar is undamaged. Any idea what to do next?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inMVCHI6l7g

Thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
What you need is this part:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Syma-S107-...item4aa8783a04

The picture will show you what has broken, it is a fairly easy fix

John.
Good call John. That's what it looks like to me as well.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:58 PM
My goal is fly more crash less
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Jul 2012
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
What you need is this part:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Syma-S107-...item4aa8783a04

The picture will show you what has broken, it is a fairly easy fix

John.
Thanks!! I looked at mine and thought it looked sheared off on both ends but it looked too clean and I didn't have anything to compare with.
Obiorion is offline Find More Posts by Obiorion
Last edited by Obiorion; Aug 29, 2012 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Forgot a word.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:09 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,764 Posts
I concur with John. I think he made the right call. I have a detail article about this exact problem in my blog. You could click on my name to read it. But you don't have to, because John had already pointed out the problem and you have already verified it. You could read it, if you wish, for more details.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:21 PM
Joined Apr 2005
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
beware the black helicopters... (wheres my tinfoil hat????)

very cool looking.
Agreed!

Another black one:
HIR/Cer is offline Find More Posts by HIR/Cer
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:56 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,910 Posts
Ooooh! I like the shape of that canopy!

And I was thinking about getting some of those CF S107G parts to replace the metallic ones. I like how the "stealth" heli looks.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 31, 2012, 12:01 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
Getto Bird, if it matters, you can get the Drift King (in red or blue), or the 4ch Syma 800G for only twenty bucks right now.
I thought I'd post this here since this thread gets lot of reads, the S800G is bad if you want a cheap 4Ch and you fly regular helicopters. The Yaw is in the right hand like a 3ch and roll (slide left/right) is in the left hand.

Not a step up by any means in my opinion.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:42 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
its unfortunate that mainstream hobbyists havent woken up to the benefits of mode 4 yet. maybe never will.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:24 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
its unfortunate that mainstream hobbyists havent woken up to the benefits of mode 4 yet. maybe never will.
what are they?
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:34 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,698 Posts
Quote:
Well, even some hardcore 45 degree FP fans are now more and more moving up to CP, as the newer generation of flybarless CP helis are becoming more stable.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:31 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
what are they?
its a matter of ritual/mindset vs critical thought and deals mostly with channel assignment and ergonomics. starting with single stick radios (my favorite) like hitec neon or focus for 3ch models we have rudder and elevator on rt hand stick and throttle on another. believe it or not these type outnumber 4ch, 6ch, 9ch, 14ch "real" models all together by a huge margin.

then we get bored (not me, i still favor 3ch heli and plane) and move up to 4ch where the first switcheroo gets diumped on us. whos bright idea was it to suddenly put aileron on ch1 and move rudder over to ch 4? of course most will claim its easy to learn all over again or say theres no reason to have 3ch models anyway. yeah right! this becomes really troublsome when going from 3ch heli with yaw on the rt to 4ch with it on the left (ie s107 to v911). then theres the move to cp where shutting down the throttle, instead of safely dropping to the ground, drives it 6 ft under. lets not even bring up the subject of rc cars, boats, and reverse. all caused by infatuation with mode 2 and noncentered ch3.

mode 4 eliminates most of the heartache and hassle by starting out with rudder on the rt even for 8ch models. so moving from 3ch to 4ch... guess what??? no change! of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but probably not worth arguing because few will even bother to read what ive said let alone ponder and understand the ergonomic advantages.

establishment hobbyists... cant live with 'em and cant shoot 'em. (well i spose you could... but that wouldnt accomplish much either. )
Last edited by dave1993; Aug 31, 2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: cant shoot 'em... well???
Old Aug 31, 2012, 05:25 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
syma 107 (yellow)

Just a quick question. I bought 3 syma 107 heli's. One red a two yellow. They all have the signs of being real, not clones or fakes. Wiring is right, motors are correct, warnings....Question is I ordered a red and a yellow from battery superstore. The throttle on the yellow doesn't spring back as it should. I went ahead and ordered a new yellow from Planet Stuff, and the same thing, no spring back on the throttle. Can anyone possible tell me why?
debkirk is offline Find More Posts by debkirk
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:18 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,393 Posts
Could be they sent you a used one where someone did the tx mod, and then returned it!
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:51 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
i do prefer the spring but iirc its easy to put one on or take one off the plastic hooks inside.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:48 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Mode 2 emulates the joystick flight control of a full scale warbird or video game simulator
Most RC pilots have never even flown a 3ch and to 90 something percent of the people, the 3ch is what's abnormal. I don't have a problem flying 4ch then messing around w/ a 3 ch. Brain just gets used to it. Like flying a 4ch CP inverted, after time, my brain does the work on it's own w/o me thinking. Thinking is dangerous, you mess around and practice until your not thinking about fingers and orientation.

The Mode 2 in the USA is entrenched. Just have to accept it or be frustrated with it.

At one point, I tried to make a 3ch yaw in the left hand to help my kids transition. you know what? It was a waste of time, my 8 year old transition in 1 flight to a 4ch coax.

About all a 3ch does it get you interested and maybe teach you to not bang sticks with the throttle.

If your having trouble transitioning to 4ch cp, your not alone, it can take some people weeks and months. Everyone is different. Having someone REALLY good or experianced at beginner setup to setup your heli.

SOme reference info:
http://www.mycoolheli.com/HeliTraining.html
Old Sep 02, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
hand made 3ch shaft drive mini heli

I started with the CF mods over a yr ago and the thing I wonted to do most is two make a s107 with a shaft drive. The first pic is the first attempt on the shaft drive. The forward speed was not what I expected so I put it up on the self as another failed project. Last month I started on it agene. This time I wonted to start from scratch and build a frame from used helis I hade lying around. The front motor mounts are from the s109, the back is from the s107 and the tail motor mount is from the flying fish mini heli. I will be using the s111 CB and installing the ZR-1GT kit. I will be testing the RPMs on the tail motor this week. I think it will be around 34.000. The tail boom and gear weighs out at 1.65gr and what you see now is 16.25grs. I am shooting for around 29 to 34grs complete.

SAF_Dogface is offline Find More Posts by SAF_Dogface