HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:28 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Zebra, Welcome to RCG. I'm trying to help with your problem, but I'm a little confused by it at the moment. I need some clarifications from you.

When you said the "red light on the controller board", I first thought of the remote control. But when I read it again the 2nd time, I believed you were speaking of the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) lying at the bottom of the helicopter. Am I right? Were you speaking of a small LED on the PCB, inside of the helicopter?

If so, the "RED" light concerns me, because genuine SYMA S107G, with the S107R5 board has a "GREEN" light, not a red one. I have only seen a red one in a Fake unit. So, I had to ask. Is yours a SYMA S107? If so, do you believe that it is a genuine one, or a copy? Can you tell me the color of the PCB, is it red, or green, or some other color? Is there any writings (numbers and letters) on the PCB that you could see? If so, what are they?

Regardless of the answers to the questions about, I have a couple of suggestions for you. (1) As soon as you turn on the helicopter, set it down on a table and wait 10 seconds, does the flashing LED go solid? If so, could you fly it? (2) If the helicopter is not responding to your remote control, after turning it on and setting it down for 10 seconds, push the throttle stick all the way up and bring it all the way down once. Then see if it will respond to your control after that.

Good luck to you.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:43 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,895 Posts
@Chap1012

True, that! I also charge all batteries on a fireproof mat though you're 100% right about the potential dangers of walking away from charging batteries. There's no foolproof way to be completely safe against some sort of equipment failure or malfunction. And yes, I have a fire extinguisher in the room where I charge.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:13 PM
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
I just bought a s107g, but I'm already having a problem... well a big problem, because it doesn't lift up at all.

The first time I used it, it worked without any problems but when I landed it and trieed flying it again, it didn't work at all.

The LEDs work, it is definatly fully charged (charged it again just to be sure) and the remote also works. Besides that, it doesn't do anything, no sound, nothing.

I tried both channels but didn't make any difference

I hope someone can help me out!!
Billie Banaan is offline Find More Posts by Billie Banaan
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:37 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Hi Billie, Welcome to RCG. So, it worked the first time and then it is now not responding to your control? You said that it's fully charged and the LEDs are working. Could you please be a bit more specific about which LED, and what is/are they doing?

I'm mostly interested in hearing what you say about the green LED on the PCB. You should find that near the tail side of the PCB. Is it blinking, or is it a solid green?
Old Jul 09, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
sorry if it wasn't specific enough.
The green light first flashes, and then it's solid green (indeed the LED in the lower right of the pic). The other lights are the red and blue lights on the helicopter (nose end) itself, and the solid green light on the remote, all working properly!

edit:
I found out it now only works, if I hold the remote really(!) close (5-10cm).
Last edited by Billie Banaan; Jul 09, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:02 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billie Banaan View Post
edit:
I found out it now only works, if I hold the remote really(!) close (5-10cm).
Are you using fresh batteries in your remote?
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:05 PM
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Are you using fresh batteries in your remote?
yes, new out of the package, also didn't charge from the remote, but from my laptop.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:34 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,709 Posts
Quote:
yes, new out of the package, also didn't charge from the remote, but from my laptop.
I find it is best to go right back to the basics.

1. Switch the transmitter on.
2. Now switch the heli on and place it on a level surface and wait till it binds, green LED goes steady.
3, Now try taking off.

If it still does not work, check the I/R sensor underneath the heli, is it obscured by anything?
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
I find it is best to go right back to the basics.

1. Switch the transmitter on.
2. Now switch the heli on and place it on a level surface and wait till it binds, green LED goes steady.
3, Now try taking off.

If it still does not work, check the I/R sensor underneath the heli, is it obscured by anything?
tried that, multiple times before, but no result
The I/R sensor, is that under the landing gear? In any case, it is not obscured

Thanks for helping anyway.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 03:48 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,709 Posts
Have you checked your transmitter with your cam on your mobile phone or a digital camcorder?

The i/r LED's on the top of the transmitter should flash when you wiggle the sticks.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:07 PM
Joined Jul 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Have you checked your transmitter with your cam on your mobile phone or a digital camcorder?

The i/r LED's on the top of the transmitter should flash when you wiggle the sticks.
That works, although it's only when I use the throttle stick, the rudder control stick doesn't make the LEDs flash, I don't know if that's normal?
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:16 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,709 Posts
Quote:
That works, although it's only when I use the throttle stick, the rudder control stick doesn't make the LEDs flash, I don't know if that's normal?
The rudder will only work when you have throttle applied.

The only other thing that needs checking is the battery in the heli.
I don't suppose you have a spare battery or another heli you can swap batteries over with?
Old Jul 09, 2012, 04:39 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,744 Posts
Billie, was there a difference in environment between your first flight and the now lousy flight? In other words, was the first successful flight at night, and now in daylight?

Sometimes, IR signals are subjected to interference. Perhaps you're flying in a "noisy" environment (in terms of IR interference) and your control range is shortened to just a few inches.

But, it is perfect possible that there is no difference between the first flight and now. Something could have malfunctioned on the Rx side, and the sensitivity has gone down the drain. It has happened to me.

It seems to me that you've done everything right and checked everything - battery, status light, active signal, etc. If that's the case, just see if you could return it for an exchange ASAP.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 05:07 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,835 Posts
Welcome Billie. Pop the canopy off carefully. There will be wires attached to it, so be careful. Find the red wire coming off the battery and follow it all the way to the PCB. Look very carefully to where the solder joint is. Is the red wire/solder joint touching the metal frame of the heli?

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jul 10, 2012, 01:11 AM
Joined Jun 2012
187 Posts
Well guys, my first issue with my little bird. I was flying along minding my own business,… landed and went to take off and my bottom blades stop spinning.
Humm …
I notice that the gears that work those bottom blades aren’t working either as I gave her some juice. I wondering could it be the front motor ???
What do you guys think ?

Thanks in advance..
-Rick
Getto Bird is offline Find More Posts by Getto Bird