HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2012, 07:02 PM
Scotland
Joined Oct 2010
291 Posts
[QUOTE=Soooo these "picoo-z blades" I take it is the replacement blade of choice maybe???[/QUOTE]

The PiccoZ tail rotor mod is probably the easiest and cheapest way to increase the performance of the S107 I've sold lots of these to members on the forum, if and when you decide to try them out please let me know and I'll do you a great deal on a set, see here - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1348291 ...
Klippie is offline Find More Posts by Klippie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Jun 2012
15 Posts
Klippie hooked me up with the blades, if you guys want some he's the man. Thanks Neal!!!!!
Robert209 is offline Find More Posts by Robert209
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:00 PM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
The PicooZ mod doesn't get around because it is worthless. If you have the need for speed, you might go that route. I have seen modded S107 so fast that it will strike its own blades and fall out of the sky. What's the fun in that? So, I'm done for speed. There is only so much speed you could get for an IR control coaxial that is designed to fly indoors, before you have to put on the brakes. Am I making sense?

If speed is what you want, you ought to eventually look somewhere else where it could fly outdoor for some elbow room and enjoy that speed. IMHO, IR coaxial just doesn't have the main ingredients for that kind of flying. But that's just me. I am here to discuss facts, and not to step on anyone who wants speed.

To me, my S107 gives me the most enjoyable, relax, and precise indoor flying. I'm not afraid to take it to the hospital with me to cheer someone up there. Would I do that with some of my other outdoor flyers? Nooooo. So, I love my S107 for what it is for. So, I don't go crazy in modding it.
Makes since to me...
Getto Bird is offline Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Old Jun 26, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klippie View Post
The PiccoZ tail rotor mod is probably the easiest and cheapest way to increase the performance of the S107 I've sold lots of these to members on the forum, if and when you decide to try them out please let me know and I'll do you a great deal on a set, see here - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1348291 ...
I will, thank you.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Jun 2012
15 Posts
The blades I ordered from Klippie arrived today. They took like 4 days to get here, im in the California and he's overseas somewhere. Super fast shipping on another note I tried landing my heli on a pad missed the landing it took a nose dive hit the canopy and died. Opened it up the battery wire came off where it got soldered. Time to repair this bad boy lol
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:52 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,851 Posts
Yup. Klippie has been good on that 4-day record. Nose drive after a missed landing? That sounds very familiar, especially when I was working on landing on the top of book cases and on the ceiling fan blades... Those are tough, because they get so close to the ceiling, and helicopter get sucked up like a vacuum!
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jun 28, 2012, 01:46 AM
Joined Jun 2012
15 Posts
Yeah I set up a 6 inch round landing pad and the Air conditioner turned on and the vent was with in a few feet. So it pushed me over As I was about to touch down and me being a noob I think I gave it some throttle or what ever it's called on its way down so it caught more speed to crash lol cool thing is I got to see the inside of it, tomorrow I solder it and see how it goes. Not sure if I need the picooz on it now :/ stock is to fast for me lol good times good times
Old Jun 28, 2012, 08:49 AM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
O yeah, with the air and the ceiling fans on creates an awesome challenge...I love it.
...within reason
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:33 AM
Joined Jun 2012
7 Posts
I hate when my AC turns on out of nowhere when Im flying close to the vents. Makes for an interesting challenge though haha. Almost took my wifes head off like that once :P
thatguy188 is offline Find More Posts by thatguy188
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:06 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,310 Posts
Actually, I love flying through the forced air from the vents. It's like surfing a wave. The 107 handles it really well. My MCX2 doesn't like it at all!
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Jun 2012
21 Posts
can anyone help me? how would i add LEDs to the bottom of the circuit board?

say i want to run a 3.5Vf, 30mAh LED...

using the equation [(V-Vf)/I=R] gives me [(4.3-3.5)/0.030=26.6]

is this right? i would use a 27 ohm resistor?

i feel like i'm doing something wrong because using this equation, my numbers don't match up with the schematics that michael stoops posted a while ago...why is the value of the resistor for the external LED 180?

wannabe_pilot is offline Find More Posts by wannabe_pilot
Last edited by wannabe_pilot; Jun 29, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 08:22 PM
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
carbon fibers107

I have seen the clone s107 CB with 4 LED leeds. 2 on the left and 2 on the right. I have a very custom s107 with a green light in the tail boom and on the right side. On the left side I have a red led. The red LED is on a 5% resister. All the LED will flash after you install a green or the stock LED in the nose. I think I have some extra parts. I will check and if I do I can send you what you will need. You have my number.
SAF_Dogface is offline Find More Posts by SAF_Dogface
Last edited by SAF_Dogface; Jun 28, 2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 08:37 PM
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
carbon fibers107

Check out this post on the LED lights for the s107. Very cool.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...=2284%EF%BB%BF
SAF_Dogface is offline Find More Posts by SAF_Dogface
Old Jun 28, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Jun 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAF_Dogface View Post
I have seen the clone s107 CB with 4 LED leeds. 2 on the left and 2 on the right. I have a very custom s107 with a green light in the tail boom and on the right side. On the left side I have a red led. The red LED is on a 5% resister. All the LED will flash after you install a green or the stock LED in the nose. I think I have some extra parts. I will check and if I do I can send you what you will need. You have my number.
what is the ohm rating of the resistor with the red LED?
wannabe_pilot is offline Find More Posts by wannabe_pilot
Old Jun 29, 2012, 05:15 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,851 Posts
SYMA S108G Marine Cobra

FYI, I have just posted a review of the S108G in my blog. When compared to the S107G, it is lighter, and has longer flight times. Its remote has 3 selectable channels vs. 2 on the S107G. And it has a surprised undocumented power feature. Since it is off topic, that's all I'll say here. To read its full review with pictures and see how it stacks up against the S107G, see my blog.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post22032716
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad