HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:42 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,310 Posts
If you search Amazon you'll find quite a number of different options for spare parts. The dealer Halley R Us has all-black Helizone blades, for instance, that should work with the S107G. I occasionally pick up a part set that I don't have yet so that I can play mix & match with color schemes.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:35 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetskeeter View Post
I read somewhere that the second generation balance bar has too small of a hole for the attachment pin to slide through and you gotta ream it out so the pin slides in with no friction which makes sense. the slightest friction would probably cause TBE.
I'm not sure where you read that. But it is not what I have observed. You see, there are too ways to mount the FlyBar. (1) the pin is fixed to the head, and loose on the bar, or (2) the pin is fixed to the bar and loose on the head. In the case of S107, it uses a screw that fixes to the bar, but it is loose on the head. Therefore, you don't want it to be loose on the bar also, because you will lose the pin.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jun 20, 2012, 02:37 PM
Joined Apr 2005
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I also found a picture of my S107 tail fin. See, I also have that notch in the fin. They are all like that.
HP, my first heli, the Swann/Syma rebrand, is next to the computer and I just noticed that it has the same notch on its fin!

BTW, my young son would not have ID'ed you avatar as he has not played Zelda yet. My avatar is a Pokemon (trivia Q, what is it?) and I selected it mainly because of his interest in the TV series and the games, but am thinking of retiring that avatar as he rarely watches his Pokemon DVD's now.

Wannabe, how does the American Flag colors S107 perform? Looks like a genuine Syma so am hoping that it flys well.
HIR/Cer is offline Find More Posts by HIR/Cer
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:49 PM
Joined Jun 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIR/Cer View Post

Wannabe, how does the American Flag colors S107 perform? Looks like a genuine Syma so am hoping that it flys well.
sad to say i never flew it. returned it and i'm getting a different color, one that has cheaper parts (maybe yellow) bc one of my helis is gonna be a frankenstein on which i'll test out all my mods first
wannabe_pilot is offline Find More Posts by wannabe_pilot
Old Jun 21, 2012, 02:30 AM
Joined Jun 2012
15 Posts
Hi im new ordered the S107G in "rare black" with yellow lines. Got the picco or whatever there called rotors on order. Great site lots of info thanks guys. Oh ordered off amazon rctoysvillage 27 shipped received in two days
Robert209 is offline Find More Posts by Robert209
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:54 AM
Joined Jun 2012
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert209 View Post
Hi im new ordered the S107G in "rare black" with yellow lines. Got the picco or whatever there called rotors on order. Great site lots of info thanks guys. Oh ordered off amazon rctoysvillage 27 shipped received in two days
Greetings Robert, nice pick on your s107. I've been eye'in that one myself.
Getto Bird is offline Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Old Jun 21, 2012, 08:46 AM
Joined Dec 2011
4,310 Posts
Cool! I've got the black one on my wishlist to add to my collection sometime. Could you post pictures of it when you get it?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:31 PM
Joined Jun 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Hmmm... not sure I buy that about the S111G blades having a sharper pitch. My S111G and S107G seem to have the same thrust capability but then I've not done a full throttle punch test for either of them as I don't want to bang the ceiling! I look forward to the results of your testing, wannabe_pilot.
i got a set of s111g replacement parts today and i haven't really had a chance to compare everything but the balance bar and buckles that came with it seem identical to the s107's

i did, though, snap a few pics of the s111g blades (white) compared to my replacement s107 blades (black) and as you can see, they are shorter and they feel a slight bit thinner than the s107 blades. i took a few other comparison shots showing that, indeed, the blade pitch is slightly more aggressive

s111g blades vs s107g blades
wannabe_pilot is offline Find More Posts by wannabe_pilot
Old Jun 21, 2012, 04:17 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,310 Posts
Interesting! Let me know how they work for you.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2012, 06:59 PM
Joined Jun 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Cool! I've got the black one on my wishlist to add to my collection sometime. Could you post pictures of it when you get it?
Will do I have some on my phone, all load them later. Started off with a Air Hog Heli Cam a friend gave me & ordered me the S107G big difference in fun that's for sure. Prolly gunna order that CF $15 kit carbon fibers107 sells once there in stock just cause it looks cool plus it will go well with the color on it
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:23 AM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Got bored with barbie-wigging and toenail painting S107s. Melted down a few boring yellow canopies for a reversal instead.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old Jun 22, 2012, 07:35 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleT View Post
Got bored with barbie-wigging and toenail painting S107s. Melted down a few boring yellow canopies for a reversal instead.
You er!!! You owe me a new keyboard!
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Jun 22, 2012, 09:58 PM
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
WWW.carbonfiber.com

I have a ZR-1GT that I am working on now. The customer wonted the lightest I could make. The main frame weighs out at an amazing 1.88gr. The stock metal frame is 4.20. That is a 2.5gr difference. This is the lightest frame I have ever built. If you need the picoo-Z tail blade I have a 3 pack for 7.50 and I only have three packs left.

SAF_Dogface is offline Find More Posts by SAF_Dogface
Last edited by SAF_Dogface; Jun 23, 2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 06:08 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,633 Posts
looks like sales are starting to lag in the s107 speedmod thread?

btw i remember when those picco props were 10/$1 shipped at dealextreme. more than a few have cashed in on that "extreme deal". i was lucky to pick up a few bags.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Jun 25, 2012, 01:35 PM
Joined Jun 2012
15 Posts
Here's the pic of my "Rare Black" Heli