SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 19, 2012, 04:54 AM
Joined Jun 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
^^^^^
Someone stick a fork in this Guy...he's done One post, two helis....Oh YA, he's done

Welcome pilot...lol

Mike.
ha! i dunno why i got the crazy colors, i fly them stripped bare for longer airtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
My first post. I order some s107's from Amazon and expect them to arrive this week. I started with the S109 Apache and the S111G Coast Guard. Oddly enough the Apache is the best reviewed helicopter on Amazon, not the S107. And yet the S107 has the bigger following.
i read that the s111g blades have a sharper pitch than the s107 and generate more thrust. so i have a pack of s111g parts on the way too. for science!
wannabe_pilot is offline Find More Posts by wannabe_pilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2012, 05:42 AM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,607 Posts
special S107 offer

this arrived in my eMail
[I have less than zero interest in either Syma OR their 107 model .... but this could be a good deal for some fans]
>

The S107 Helicopter is 10usd for 2012

Mini Order Quantity: 1ctn. Lead time: 3-4days.

We are the direct manufacturer for RC helicopters: http://www.junhangtoys.com/en/index.asp

Our advantage:Injection moulds,production line,engineering & designs,QC & sales teams are available.

That Mean We can offer you the competitive Price if you order direct from us.not through trading company.

In this specail 2012,we decide to contact kind you for direct exportation to save your cost.We hereby welcome you to visit our factory.

Wing

JunHang Toy Factory

Factory add:Beilong Industrial Zone, Chenghai, Shantou,China
Tel:86-754-85825427
Fax: 86-0754-85825248
http://www.junhangtoys.com/en/index.asp
xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee
Old Jun 19, 2012, 08:57 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,820 Posts
Hmmm... not sure I buy that about the S111G blades having a sharper pitch. My S111G and S107G seem to have the same thrust capability but then I've not done a full throttle punch test for either of them as I don't want to bang the ceiling! I look forward to the results of your testing, wannabe_pilot.

The only issue that I had with my S111G, and your mileage may vary on this, was that the CG wasn't balanced as well as it could have been so the FF was slower. I put 1g of modelling putty into the nose and that helped a little bit to balance things out. Otherwise it's a fine looking scale model.

Oh, I guess the OTHER thing is that if you have to open it up to change a battery (or add putty like I did) be sure to get the SMALLEST philips screwdriver you can possibly find. There are a lot of screws and they are tiny! Also, separating and snapping the two halves of the shell requires some time in order to make sure that all of the pieces go together seamlessly. It's definitely doable but you have to be patient with it.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:28 AM
Joined Jun 2012
21 Posts
america copter is here!

so yesterday i signed up for amazon prime and i placed an order for the red, white, and blue s107....needless to say, i was super excited for the free two day shipping...well...it got to my house in only 21 hours....go amazon!!!

i'll edit this post w a few pics of the unboxing later

EDIT: pics as promised

not quite what i expected

i was impressed with the shipping, but that does not make up for the aesthetic deficiencies nor the misleading advertising.

-al
Last edited by wannabe_pilot; Jun 19, 2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:41 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,610 Posts
Yay, Wannabe! Enjoy your new bird.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:51 PM
Joined Jun 2012
187 Posts
Wannabe - your in for some goodtimes...
Getto Bird is offline Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Old Jun 19, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
WWW.carbonfibers107

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe_pilot View Post
so yesterday i signed up for amazon prime and i placed an order for the red, white, and blue s107....needless to say, i was super excited for the free two day shipping...well...it got to my house in only 21 hours....go amazon!!!

i'll edit this post w a few pics of the unboxing later

EDIT: pics as promised

not quite what i expected

i was impressed with the shipping, but that does not make up for the aesthetic deficiencies nor the misleading advertising.

-al
Dam that thing looks good. Iíve never seen that paint scheme before. Iíve been working with a collared pigment on the carbon fiber parts I make and that canopy would be perfect. Could you give us the link on Amazon?
SAF_Dogface is offline Find More Posts by SAF_Dogface
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:09 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,610 Posts
Wannabe, Personally, I like the Red/Blue/White color. It's by far more work than the other single color paint job. I understand what you say about the dings and dents. But the "dent" you mentioned in the tail fin. That's not really unique to your helicopter. I have noticed that before and if you look closely, it is on every single S107. It is in the mold! Try and touch yours up with a Sharpie and it's going to be perfect! Then you could crash it and create you own personal scratches on it.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:10 PM
Joined Jun 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAF_Dogface View Post
Dam that thing looks good. I’ve never seen that paint scheme before. I’ve been working with a collared pigment on the carbon fiber parts I make and that canopy would be perfect. Could you give us the link on Amazon?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/849...ls_o01_s00_i00

btw i sent you an email today about stock on the site...itching to pick up a few things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Wannabe, Personally, I like the Red/Blue/White color. It's by far more work than the other single color paint job. I understand what you say about the dings and dents. But the "dent" you mentioned in the tail fin. That's not really unique to your helicopter. I have noticed that before and if you look closely, it is on every single S107. It is in the mold! Try and touch yours up with a Sharpie and it's going to be perfect! Then you could crash it and create you own personal scratches on it.
i appreciate where you are coming from, and i really want to like the design, but it just lacks continuity. if the blades were red and blue instead of red and black, I'd keep it no-question. next to my black series with its matching tail fin, strut support, and rotors, this one looks like it could have been hobbled together with extra parts.
Last edited by wannabe_pilot; Jun 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:38 PM
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
WWW.carbonfibers107.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlcrlee View Post
this arrived in my eMail
[I have less than zero interest in either Syma OR their 107 model .... but this could be a good deal for some fans]
>

The S107 Helicopter is 10usd for 2012

Mini Order Quantity: 1ctn. Lead time: 3-4days.

We are the direct manufacturer for RC helicopters: http://www.junhangtoys.com/en/index.asp

Our advantage:Injection moulds,production line,engineering & designs,QC & sales teams are available.

That Mean We can offer you the competitive Price if you order direct from us.not through trading company.

In this specail 2012,we decide to contact kind you for direct exportation to save your cost.We hereby welcome you to visit our factory.

Wing

JunHang Toy Factory

Factory add:Beilong Industrial Zone, Chenghai, Shantou,China
Tel:86-754-85825427
Fax: 86-0754-85825248
http://www.junhangtoys.com/en/index.asp
Have orderd from them befor. and how do you find the price
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:42 PM
Joined Aug 2007
1,051 Posts
Guys, help me out here. I am looking at replacement balance bar for the S107g.
I'm seeing 2 different looking balance bars. one has like 2 screws plus a weight on the tips and is sort of flat looking which is what I have now and the other one is just round with a weight inside the tip. I know the flat type is genuine cause that's what I have now. Are the others clones? does that mean that any syma heli with those round balance bar tips are fakes?
Jetskeeter is offline Find More Posts by Jetskeeter
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:08 AM
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
WWW.carbonfibers107.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetskeeter View Post
I'm seeing 2 different looking balance bars. one has like 2 screws plus a weight on the tips and is sort of flat looking which is what I have now and the other one is just round with a weight inside the tip. I know the flat type is genuine cause that's what I have now. Are the others clones? does that mean that any syma heli with those round balance bar tips are fakes?
You can get the one with the screws get them. You can remove the screws and pull out the weights. Then put the cover back on with the screws. The flay bar will be lighter the before. This will give a little faster forward speed. But, If you order them I bet you will get the newer fly bar with none removable weights. If you do get the, Put up a link so we all can get some. Syme will put the new ones in. You have the older fly bar you lucky dog.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 03:38 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetskeeter View Post
The two that you mentioned are both genuine. SYMA originally used the one with screws and removable weights. The non-removable ones are the 2nd generation - most likely before it take less work assembling and therefore, cheaper to produce.

They are compatible replacement parts. Either one will work. I have both kinds. The removable weight FB is a tiny bit lighter. Plus, you could take the weights out to make it even lighter. When the FB is lighter, the helicopter is more responsive, but it is less stable - not for beginners.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 03:50 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe_pilot View Post
i appreciate where you are coming from, and i really want to like the design, but it just lacks continuity. if the blades were red and blue instead of red and black, I'd keep it no-question. next to my black series with its matching tail fin, strut support, and rotors, this one looks like it could have been hobbled together with extra parts.
Sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the Red/Blue/White. Well, I don't think that it was a main stream release. It is an after thought at best. So, they put together a RWB canopy and re-use the red blades with it. The blades you got are the 2012 release for Red S107G. Since the canopy is red/black, so are the blades. If it would make you happier, you could pick up a set of red blades for the Classic S107, which is just red/white, w/o the black. I think you would find that matches better.

EDIT: Sorry, after closer examination, your blades are the old S105 design, not the 2012. See pics.

I also found a picture of my S107 tail fin. See, I also have that notch in the fin. They are all like that.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:42 AM
Joined Aug 2007
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
The two that you mentioned are both genuine. SYMA originally used the one with screws and removable weights. The non-removable ones are the 2nd generation - most likely before it take less work assembling and therefore, cheaper to produce.

They are compatible replacement parts. Either one will work. I have both kinds. The removable weight FB is a tiny bit lighter. Plus, you could take the weights out to make it even lighter. When the FB is lighter, the helicopter is more responsive, but it is less stable - not for beginners.
I read somewhere that the second generation balance bar has too small of a hole for the attachment pin to slide through and you gotta ream it out so the pin slides in with no friction which makes sense. the slightest friction would probably cause TBE.
Jetskeeter is offline Find More Posts by Jetskeeter