HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:25 AM
Joined Jun 2012
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Dude, not a problem...really. Nobody noticed a thing Until these other Guys brought it to my attention

Mike.
Here, here...
Getto Bird is offline Find More Posts by Getto Bird
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Mar 2012
196 Posts
here's a video of my S107. Hovering inches off the ground. Never seen any other micro helis be a able t do this....very impressive little heli.

Syma - S107G & S023 (Apache) Indoor Demo (1 min 57 sec)
sonnetg is offline Find More Posts by sonnetg
Old Jun 17, 2012, 07:31 PM
Joined Jun 2012
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnetg View Post
here's a video of my S107. Hovering inches off the ground. Never seen any other micro helis be a able t do this....very impressive little heli.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoSlcLRareg
great vid...your right, awesome little heli...

-R
Old Jun 17, 2012, 08:04 PM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
As far as I can determine, for historical reasons these are "mini" (which in R/C lingo seems to be smaller) instead of "micro." Some cop out and call an S107 a "sub micro" to mean "smaller than micro" size.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old Jun 17, 2012, 11:46 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,615 Posts
Actually, if the RCG grouping is of any indication, a 450 size is considered a "mini", and anything under 400 size is "micro"!!!

That's because RC helicopters started out so large. At this rate, my 120SR is a micro, my S107 is a nano, and my S110 is a pico... Ha ha ha.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jun 18, 2012, 11:01 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
Soooooo confusing....

I've given up trying to find rhyme or reason behind these naming conventions. It's a bit like trying to understand the naming conventions behind Walkera helicopters (oooh...zing! ) I just gave up and just nod my head and smile now.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 18, 2012, 01:03 PM
Joined Mar 2012
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getto Bird View Post
great vid...your right, awesome little heli...

-R
Thank you. I have pulled the trigger on the S800G. I would like to see how the 800G compares with 107G. Hopefully it has the same stability of 107G but more maneuverability.

The S107 is definitely one of my all time favorite. Wish all helis were so stable.

Cheers.
sonnetg is offline Find More Posts by sonnetg
Last edited by sonnetg; Jun 18, 2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 01:41 PM
Joined Apr 2005
401 Posts
Hi HP, noticed your new heli avatar!

Everyone, might be old news but just saw this one on Amazon: s107 in "red American Flag color."
HIR/Cer is offline Find More Posts by HIR/Cer
Old Jun 18, 2012, 01:52 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIR/Cer View Post

Everyone, might be old news but just saw this one on Amazon: s107 in "red American Flag color."

Where are these other colors coming from? There's that "black" one that was listed earlier as well. I guess these are different companies taking the stock helis and reselling them with different colors?
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 18, 2012, 02:21 PM
Joined Jun 2012
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnetg View Post
Thank you. I have pulled the trigger on the S800G. I would like to see how the 800G compares with 107G. Hopefully it has the same stability of 107G but more maneuverability.

The S107 is definitely one of my all time favorite. Wish all helis were so stable.

Cheers.
Yeah with it being a 4ch, you got that side to side thang happening. So it should be nice. I'm gonna step up one day soon to 4-ch. Post a vid when you get chance.
-R
Old Jun 18, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,615 Posts
Quote:
Wow, I'm impressed. This is "Scrapper" from video game Zelda. I've been playing Zelda when I'm not flying.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 02:55 PM
Joined Jun 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post

Where are these other colors coming from? There's that "black" one that was listed earlier as well. I guess these are different companies taking the stock helis and reselling them with different colors?
i just joined to say that i bought this one but my friend killed the gyro ...i'll replace the circuit board soon

Quote:

but i couldn't wait for parts and downtime so i bought this one today
wannabe_pilot is offline Find More Posts by wannabe_pilot
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:59 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,482 Posts
^^^^^
Someone stick a fork in this Guy...he's done One post, two helis....Oh YA, he's done

Welcome pilot...lol

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:04 PM
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Jun 2012
554 Posts
My first post. I order some s107's from Amazon and expect them to arrive this week. I started with the S109 Apache and the S111G Coast Guard. Oddly enough the Apache is the best reviewed helicopter on Amazon, not the S107. And yet the S107 has the bigger following.
variantman is offline Find More Posts by variantman
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:59 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by variantman View Post
My first post. I order some s107's from Amazon and expect them to arrive this week. I started with the S109 Apache and the S111G Coast Guard. Oddly enough the Apache is the best reviewed helicopter on Amazon, not the S107. And yet the S107 has the bigger following.
Welcome to RCG. The S107 is an all around nice helicopter. I like the S109 also, because it is super stable. But I don't like it's forward flight and its blinding spot lights. Also it's long stance makes turning on the floor more difficult. The S107 will be better in these areas. You should be able to use the same remote for both helicopters. Both of them, and the S111 are excellent flyers. You will enjoy them all.