HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:21 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
WWW.carbonfibers107.com

You guys need to see this. Me 14yr old son just finished his first carbon fiber heli he call the DV-1. He designed the pattern on a sheet off paper then drew it up on the computer and printed it on sticky paper. I helped a little bay drilling out the pattern with a 1mm drill bit and cutting out the general pattern. The rest of the CF kit he finished by himself. Absolutely awesome job. We installed the 1mm lights. Green on the right side, red in the tail and left side. Last week I came home from work and found it painted bright orange with a Wight pearl clear coat. The last this we did was to install a modified 240 battery
WOW to cool.
SAF_Dogface is offline Find More Posts by SAF_Dogface
Last edited by SAF_Dogface; Jun 15, 2012 at 09:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:18 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,841 Posts
Dog Face,,,..Very nice

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2012, 11:39 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Dog Face,,,..Very nice

Mike.
My son sad thanks.
SAF_Dogface is offline Find More Posts by SAF_Dogface
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 01:59 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
6,120 Posts
Dogface, your son has a talent! Take a picture with the lights ON!
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 04:58 AM
Registered User
djhazardous's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
13 Posts
Could anyone answer my post? Maybe I could just replace the flashing led with a standard white one?
djhazardous is offline Find More Posts by djhazardous
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 05:07 AM
Master Of My Universe
scotsoft's Avatar
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djhazardous View Post
Could anyone answer my post? Maybe I could just replace the flashing led with a standard white one?
You could replace the flashing one with a standard one but I doubt it would give off enough light for the cam to work properly
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 09:05 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAF_Dogface View Post
You gays need to see this.
now... now...
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 01:18 PM
Registered User
Getto Bird's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
Rick, where did you find the 200 mah lipos?

I just got home from the shop and tried my (relatively new) blue 107. It absolutely refuses to get much higher than ground-effects. Now I own five anemic birds (3 107's, and two 4ch coax's) that'll only fly several inches off the ground (after a minute of "rest", they're all have a short-lived burst of energy, but it only lasts about ten seconds).

I've been meaning to order a few of those 240 mah lipos Amazon sells, but I keep reading they're t TIGHT fit, and move the CG too far forward....
Ice, I got my 200 mAh batterys from RC TOY VILLAGE...great service I guess, Im new at this amazon ordering stuff. It came in 3 days...Plus they thru in 2x motors..
heres the link;
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...n=&s=&v=glance
Getto Bird is offline Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 01:28 PM
Registered User
Getto Bird's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAF_Dogface View Post
You gays need to see this. Me 14yr old son just finished his first carbon fiber heli he call the DV-1. He designed the pattern on a sheet off paper then drew it up on the computer and printed it on sticky paper. I helped a little bay drilling out the pattern with a 1mm drill bit and cutting out the general pattern. The rest of the CF kit he finished by himself. Absolutely awesome job. We installed the 1mm lights. Green on the right side, red in the tail and left side. Last week I came home from work and found it painted bright orange with a Wight pearl clear coat. The last this we did was to install a modified 240 battery
WOW to cool.
Sweet....awesome work guys....
Getto Bird is offline Find More Posts by Getto Bird
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 02:21 PM
Registered User
djhazardous's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
You could replace the flashing one with a standard one but I doubt it would give off enough light for the cam to work properly
I have an S800G as well and the light on that is very bright, bright enough to light up a dark room. Maybe I could order a spare and give that a go, I think it would be just a case of soldering the wire wouldn't it? Although I'm guessing the flashing from the S107 is programmed into the board, so if I did replace it with a white one that would flash too?

I don't know why they didn't put one on the S107C, the white light on the S800G would be far better suited.
djhazardous is offline Find More Posts by djhazardous
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:15 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djhazardous View Post
I have an S800G as well and the light on that is very bright, bright enough to light up a dark room. Maybe I could order a spare and give that a go, I think it would be just a case of soldering the wire wouldn't it? Although I'm guessing the flashing from the S107 is programmed into the board, so if I did replace it with a white one that would flash too?

I don't know why they didn't put one on the S107C, the white light on the S800G would be far better suited.
The led lights work on a modulated volts. If you remove the led from the s107 and tray to add a standerd light you will not have An of voltage to work the light. The LED collars that will work on the nose LED weirs is green. If you add a red LED light to any other part of you heli you will find the front led will not working or just flashing red. If you add a 5% reduction resister to the power leed you can add another red LED. If you add a green light you do not need a resister. If you use a red light on a resister and a green light you will find the lights will be flashing. To have the lights flashing you will need to reinstall the stock red and blue flashing LED.
SAF_Dogface is offline Find More Posts by SAF_Dogface
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:16 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Dogface, your son has a talent! Take a picture with the lights ON!
WE are going to make a u tube vid very soon.
SAF_Dogface is offline Find More Posts by SAF_Dogface
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 08:09 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
IceRail's Avatar
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAF_Dogface
You gays need to see this.
now... now...

I was wondering if anyone else caught that....
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 09:28 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
I was wondering if anyone else caught that....
I am so sorry. That was supposed to say guys. I suck at spelling.
SAF_Dogface is offline Find More Posts by SAF_Dogface
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:54 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
Chap1012's Avatar
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAF_Dogface View Post
I am so sorry. That was supposed to say guys. I suck at spelling.
Dude, not a problem...really. Nobody noticed a thing Until these other Guys brought it to my attention

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 3-channel Micro IR S107 Metal HoneyBee Helicopter No.ES0107 (with Gyro) mictopwin Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 8 May 09, 2011 01:47 PM
Discussion V-max .vs. Falcon-X .vs. Syma 3 S107? 7immy Mini Helis 12 Apr 07, 2011 04:11 PM
Discussion Mosquito 3CH Radio Control Helicopter Version 2 by Syma Wayno-san Micro Ready-to-Fly 39 Dec 26, 2010 02:36 PM