HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2012, 12:27 PM
S107G MSR MSRX 120SR Nano QX
United Kingdom, Coventry
Joined Jan 2012
470 Posts
zio, it seems shipping to Hungary is expensive. I bought three for $1.50 each including postage, whereas a quick seach on Ebay.com shows them at $5 each with shipping to Hungary. Do you not have a LHS ? Whilst it is a difinite improvement, I would not spend $10 on a pack of two for this heli, which I love to bits.

Your use of English is absolutely amazing - where did you learn ?
micro2000 is offline Find More Posts by micro2000
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2012, 01:35 PM
United Kingdom, Coventry
Joined Jan 2012
470 Posts
Hi HP, I was not going to take the mods as far as stripping off all the tail parts, but just did to try it, and wth the stock motor, reduced weight, my first flight was 9 mins 35 secs, before he could not stay at high level without a hint of wanting to descend, so I let him down gently. That weight reduction must make a real difference. Also, because it was so much more responsive in FFF, I started pushing it in my small office and actually crashed a couple of times, which I have not done for a while. Brilliant advice, as usual, keep it coming.

PS this was using a USB wall charger, which I am sure gives a better charge than the PC USB socket, but I'm sure others will know better if this is true or just my imagination.
Old May 08, 2012, 01:41 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziocarl View Post
Thanks again for the advice! I'm involved in a few forums on different topics and so far this has been one of the most civilized and helpful! Is it because, in this thread, we all are fans of this particular heli, or are RC heli people just nice in general?

Micro2000, where can one find the PicoZ blade?

Would be fun to leave one heli alone and mod the other....in time.
You can get the PicoZ tail rotor blades from a member that goes by the name "Klippie."
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1348291

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old May 08, 2012, 01:44 PM
United Kingdom, Coventry
Joined Jan 2012
470 Posts
Mike, thanks for this - I had actually forgotten I did buy mine from klippie and he delivered really quickly, and was excellent value for money. zio, contact him and he will sort you out, really well.
Old May 08, 2012, 02:18 PM
Joined May 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
You can get the PicoZ tail rotor blades from a member that goes by the name "Klippie."
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1348291

Mike.
Thanks Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro2000 View Post
zio, it seems shipping to Hungary is expensive. I bought three for $1.50 each including postage, whereas a quick seach on Ebay.com shows them at $5 each with shipping to Hungary. Do you not have a LHS ? Whilst it is a difinite improvement, I would not spend $10 on a pack of two for this heli, which I love to bits.

Your use of English is absolutely amazing - where did you learn ?
LOL...why do you think I'm from Hungary?? And what's an LHS???

Thanks for the info though.
ziocarl is offline Find More Posts by ziocarl
Old May 08, 2012, 02:30 PM
United Kingdom, Coventry
Joined Jan 2012
470 Posts
Local Hobby Shop!!!
Old May 08, 2012, 06:00 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,822 Posts
He he. Micro has been reading too many posts and got the info crossed. Sequadon is from Hungary. But Ziocarl is from ... I don't know, planet Zio?
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old May 08, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined May 2012
33 Posts
Wow check out these mods:

Syma S107 - after all mods, 27.5g (2 min 26 sec)

In the description on youtube, it's pretty crazy what he used to replace parts.

Surprised he didn't detach the light, but I guess it looks pretty cool spinning with it on. Later on in the video you can see how fast it darts forward. Watching these vids I can see that my helis are working at the right speed. I might mess around with one of them, but nothing like what that guy did.
Old May 08, 2012, 10:42 PM
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
Quote:
Wow check out these mods:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5sw3efhN1Q&hd=1

In the description on youtube, it's pretty crazy what he used to replace parts.

Surprised he didn't detach the light, but I guess it looks pretty cool spinning with it on. Later on in the video you can see how fast it darts forward. Watching these vids I can see that my helis are working at the right speed. I might mess around with one of them, but nothing like what that guy did.
He's using the R3 bord. I have those on mine. I find them a little quirky. The tail likes to quiver. But its lots of fun.
SAF_Dogface is offline Find More Posts by SAF_Dogface
Old May 09, 2012, 02:07 AM
United Kingdom, Coventry
Joined Jan 2012
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
He he. Micro has been reading too many posts and got the info crossed. Sequadon is from Hungary. But Ziocarl is from ... I don't know, planet Zio?
No wonder zio's English is so good - lol : It is nothing to do with the Steall Artois, honest
Old May 09, 2012, 09:19 AM
Joined May 2012
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAF_Dogface View Post
He's using the R3 bord. I have those on mine. I find them a little quirky. The tail likes to quiver. But its lots of fun.
So you think the majority of that speed is due to the R3 board and not the fact that he basically reconstructed the entire shell with lighter materials and is using the havok rear blade? Honest question.
Old May 09, 2012, 06:24 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,677 Posts
Quote:
So you think the majority of that speed is due to the R3 board and not the fact that he basically reconstructed the entire shell with lighter materials and is using the havok rear blade? Honest question.
You will find all his mods and more in this thread dedicated to making the S107 go faster

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=s107+mod
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old May 10, 2012, 10:32 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,369 Posts
Quote:
zio,The only mod I did with my 107 is, I removed the tail fin, boom supports and hardware. I also moved the skids back as far as they would go. I also removed the nose weight as well.
Total weight removed: 1.50g

At this point my heli would move forward without input and I wanted a "somewhat" stable hover so I added some rubber tubing on the boom.
Total weight/rubber tubing: .36g (4.00mm OD; 2.30mm ID; wall thickness approx. 1.10mm; length 25.00mm).

She still has a tiny bit of forward movement that is hardly noticeable. As far as forward flight, she is quite zippy. BTW, the rubber tubing can be bought at any fishing tackle store that one would make fishing lures with (different sizes and colors). Slice the tubing to get it over the boom. It took a few tries to get the length/weight right of the rubber tubing.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old May 11, 2012, 03:15 AM
Joined Apr 2005
343 Posts
Black-gold Swann (Syma S105/107)!

Another color choice for your consideration :

http://www.amazon.com/Swann-Micro-Li...6722878&sr=1-4
HIR/Cer is offline Find More Posts by HIR/Cer
Old May 11, 2012, 08:42 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,822 Posts
That's nice. It's way over-priced though.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad