Airgus is offline Find More Posts by Airgus
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:38 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post

Thanks, Heli Pad! I did a search for "black S107G" but it didn't come up (at least not on the first page, lol). As was mentioned, adding the term 'rare' put it first in the search results.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:52 PM
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
Wow GOOD gob. very nice. cool paint job.
SAF_Dogface is offline Find More Posts by SAF_Dogface
Old Apr 25, 2012, 07:59 PM
Joined Mar 2011
256 Posts
Crap. I just paid 24.00 last week for the green one and now sold at 20.00.
SAF_Dogface is offline Find More Posts by SAF_Dogface
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:26 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airgus View Post
I already have my S107G Black Series

(S108 blades, Z008 tail rotor, painted canopy and stripped decorations) = 36,1g
Great paint job. It looks so "factory"!
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:25 AM
Joined Apr 2012
9 Posts
That is a really cool paint job it does look factory! I broke down and ordered the black series from amazon. I like that it comes with the replacement kit and wall charger. When I get it I will post some pics of it so people can check it out.
nikku2012 is offline Find More Posts by nikku2012
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:30 PM
Joined Nov 2010
39 Posts
Thanks gentlemen.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Apr 2005
343 Posts
HP, thank you for the links. That new black S107 is looking better and better! BTW, the above link for the green S107 is the one to use at this time for the $19.99 price.

Thanks also to nikku2012 for letting us know about the new black S107.

Airgus, a terrific job on your black S107. Looks like you are quite handy with the airbrush!
HIR/Cer is offline Find More Posts by HIR/Cer
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:35 PM
Joined Apr 2012
9 Posts
Well i just received my s107 black series in the mail! I can't believe how fast it came... I ordered it on april 25th later on in the afternoon and it was out for delivery this morning. It came from california and i'm on the east coast so props to "rc toys village" from amazon! A few things about this heli is that it has a flat black canopy with accents of yellow and it has black main blades with metallic silver and yellow on the blade tips. A few things that i noticed is that the main board is like a darker shade of yellow instead or red but it does have S107R5 imprinted on it along with SMLBH right under the S107R5. The motor "A" which had a white top on my first 2012 green syma is not white on this one. It is more of a dull grey maybe tan and it has 2 chinese letters imprinted on the top plastic. The controller seems to be a little different too... my green one i believe had A B C printed on where you can switch your frequency (but it only switched two ways) and this one only has an A and B printed on it. I will post some pictures of this because i don't know if people have seen this color board in the syma's before or not? ...and so everyone can see what i am talking about and also to just check out the heli.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:39 PM
Joined Apr 2012
9 Posts
Here are some pics
Last edited by nikku2012; Apr 28, 2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:46 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikku2012 View Post
Well i just received my s107 black series in the mail! I can't believe how fast it came... I ordered it on april 25th later on in the afternoon and it was out for delivery this morning. It came from california and i'm on the east coast so props to "rc toys village" from amazon! A few things about this heli is that it has a flat black canopy with accents of yellow and it has black main blades with metallic silver and yellow on the blade tips. A few things that i noticed is that the main board is like a darker shade of yellow instead or red but it does have S107R5 imprinted on it along with SMLBH right under the S107R5. The motor "A" which had a white top on my first 2012 green syma is not white on this one. It is more of a dull grey maybe tan and it has 2 chinese letters imprinted on the top plastic. The controller seems to be a little different too... my green one i believe had A B C printed on where you can switch your frequency (but it only switched two ways) and this one only has an A and B printed on it. I will post some pictures of this because i don't know if people have seen this color board in the syma's before or not? ...and so everyone can see what i am talking about and also to just check out the heli.
Thanks for the review and pics. Since this is new and I don't have a sample of it, it it very interesting to see/read owners review. Some of my newer S107s have the same A/B only Tx has yours. But the PCB and grey motor cap are news to me. The black color with yellow accent is a very sharp combo. Nice!

One final piece of authentication business, would you please try flying it with your Green (A/B/C) Tx? If it works like so, then we could be sure that there is no compatibility issues with this newer production line and the older. Thanks.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:37 PM
Joined Apr 2012
9 Posts
I would be more than happy to do that but unfortunately I don't have the A/B/C Tx anymore. I had to return the heli I had before this one because the rear motor was faulty and would not spin.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:17 PM
Joined Nov 2010
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIR/Cer View Post
...Airgus, a terrific job on your black S107. Looks like you are quite handy with the airbrush!
Thanks. Be a plasticmodeler helps.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:00 AM
Sydney , Australia
Joined Sep 2006
43 Posts
I have a red one 12 months old and the TX got run over on the drive way,cactus.I bought a yellow one but the A/B TX is not compatible with the red,do I have to buy another red to get a compatible TX, regards Mark.
Rcmeca is offline Find More Posts by Rcmeca
Old Apr 28, 2012, 04:18 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcmeca View Post
I have a red one 12 months old and the TX got run over on the drive way,cactus.I bought a yellow one but the A/B TX is not compatible with the red,do I have to buy another red to get a compatible TX, regards Mark.
The colour of the heli has nothing to do with it.

It sounds like one of your helis may be a clone.

I still use the original Tx I got with my first S107 with the newer models - S111G, S102G and their Tx will operate my older S107 helis.

What colour is the PCG on both helis and what version is written on them?
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft