HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:06 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,689 Posts
Actually, they have always been like that in the past. It's one of those known glitches of SYMA. The Tx has A/B/C, but the switch only has 2 positions. I've come across Fakes that actually has 3 switchable positions.

The more recent samples of Classic S107s that I received showed only A/B on the remote. My 2012 Yellow also has A/B. So, I thought that Syma has finally fixed it. Now, your 2012 white has A/B/C? Sounds like that they have gone backwards, or simply just trying to rid the last of their "mistakes".
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:14 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
I'll order one (or two) then.

That company is in China, right?

TIA ~ Erik
No ... Nitroplanes is in CA. I just ordered a 9958 myself. Good price.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Feb 25, 2012, 08:29 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
No ... Nitroplanes is in CA. I just ordered a 9958 myself. Good price.
Anyway,.. I blame it all on Heli Pad ! By posting that link, he's contributing to my disease!
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Feb 25, 2012, 09:33 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
Anyway,.. I blame it all on Heli Pad ! By posting that link, he's contributing to my disease!
Yeah, I can blame him too. Actually, I was thinking of getting another V911, but the 9958 ended up being cheaper (even with shipping since it's on sale), plus it will give me a different heli to become familiar with.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:44 AM
Motto - fly it, crash it = fun
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2007
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Yeah, I can blame him too. Actually, I was thinking of getting another V911, but the 9958 ended up being cheaper (even with shipping since it's on sale), plus it will give me a different heli to become familiar with.
Okay, I might as well join in with blaming him, too......my 9958 is supposed to be on the way from Nitro. Don't really have a good reason to have it. I fly my two 107's and 026 okay; my 033 pretty good; my MQX kinda fair; and now I'm gonna try a more difficult 9958. Yep, something is wrong with me that has to be blamed somewhere.
fs2flyer is offline Find More Posts by fs2flyer
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined Feb 2012
42 Posts
I am looking for a good place to buy a S107 & a S022 (the small Huey). I see lots of places to buy one or the other but I end up getting hit with a surprise shipping fee. I have seen Amazon: Battery Superstore, RC-Fever, Nitroplanes and a few others and they either: 1.) don't carry both. 2.) charge $35 and $50 respectively or 3.) have some dings on their reputation in this thread...
Any ideas?
ridinon0 is offline Find More Posts by ridinon0
Last edited by ridinon0; Feb 27, 2012 at 11:02 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:28 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,689 Posts
Come again, Ridinon0? I'd like to help you, but the S022 is a large Chinook tandem, not a small Huey. Could you clarify which one you're looking for? Take a look at deal I just posted here for a Cobra (a Huey derivative) that you might be interested in.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:38 AM
Joined Feb 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Come again, Ridinon0? I'd like to help you, but the S022 is a large Chinook tandem, not a small Huey. Could you clarify which one you're looking for? Take a look at deal I just posted here for a Cobra (a Huey derivative) that you might be interested in.
I have been getting Huey and Chinook mixed up. I meant the tandem Chinook s026. (I guess s022 is the big one...) Thanks for clarifying.

So to restate, I'd like to get the s022 and s107.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:52 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinon0 View Post
I have been getting Huey and Chinook mixed up. I meant the tandem Chinook s026. (I guess s022 is the big one...) Thanks for clarifying.

So to restate, I'd like to get the s022 and s107.
Okay, I think I know what you meant. Now you're getting the large and small mixed up. If I'm reading between the lines correctly, I think you meant to ask about getting an S107G and an S026G. And here's what I would suggest:

Add these into your cart, and enjoy free shipping (FSSS):
1) S107G
2) S026G

To enjoy FSSS, your order total needs to be $25, but it doesn't have to be from the SAME seller.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:11 PM
Joined Feb 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Okay, I think I know what you meant. Now you're getting the large and small mixed up. If I'm reading between the lines correctly, I think you meant to ask about getting an S107G and an S026G. And here's what I would suggest:

Add these into your cart, and enjoy free shipping (FSSS):
1) S107G
2) S026G

To enjoy FSSS, your order total needs to be $25, but it doesn't have to be from the SAME seller.
Yes, I had two errors in that first post... Thanks for helping. Purchased, opted for second trial of Amazon Prime, and then I couldn't turn down $3.99 for 1 day shipping!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 04:40 PM
Motto - fly it, crash it = fun
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2007
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinon0 View Post
Yes, I had two errors in that first post... Thanks for helping. Purchased, opted for second trial of Amazon Prime, and then I couldn't turn down $3.99 for 1 day shipping!
I've been flying the 107 for a couple of weeks and enjoy it. I received my 026 today and enjoy it, too. The 026 is a bit easier to fly and has better trim control. You may want to start with the 026 if you're a real beginner.
fs2flyer is offline Find More Posts by fs2flyer
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:00 PM
Joined Feb 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs2flyer View Post
I've been flying the 107 for a couple of weeks and enjoy it. I received my 026 today and enjoy it, too. The 026 is a bit easier to fly and has better trim control. You may want to start with the 026 if you're a real beginner.
Good to know, thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:23 AM
My toilet water has TBE
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Vibrating & chirping

I posted last month, or so, about how my blue copter was vibrating. It stopped almost as suddenly as it started and I thought it was because of a weight/ balance modification that I'd done. It's been fine ever since but now my yellow one has been vibrating for a couple weeks. I haven't touched it, as far as any mods, since before any vibration started. I wonder if it's a 'phase' that they go through. I hope yellow will 'snap out of it' like blue did, anyway. It's baffling.
stickman0236 is offline Find More Posts by stickman0236
Old Feb 28, 2012, 04:04 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman0236 View Post
I posted last month, or so, about how my blue copter was vibrating. It stopped almost as suddenly as it started and I thought it was because of a weight/ balance modification that I'd done. It's been fine ever since but now my yellow one has been vibrating for a couple weeks. I haven't touched it, as far as any mods, since before any vibration started. I wonder if it's a 'phase' that they go through. I hope yellow will 'snap out of it' like blue did, anyway. It's baffling.
Might want to put a small amount of lube on the flybar pivot and link balls, and also the motor gear train. "Chirping" doesn't sound normal.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:21 AM
S107G MSR MSRX 120SR Nano QX
United Kingdom, Coventry
Joined Jan 2012
476 Posts
Hi XD,

My 2012 lime green S107G has only A&B positions on the TX.
micro2000 is offline Find More Posts by micro2000