HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2012, 04:11 PM
Motto - fly it, crash it = fun
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2007
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
STOP and smell the roses! Before you buy another helicopter, try and fly yours to its fullest. Learn to appreciate its strengths and limitations. Then, your next purchase would be a well-informed one, not just what other people say is good.

Psss, I heard that the mini-CP is a good one. Just toying with you.

Heli-anon meets on Wednesday nights in the basement of your neighborhood church.
First, there are no roses around here. Second, the purchases do seem to be well informed. Third, and lastly, I won't need a Heli-anon. All I'll have to do is show my wife all the "toys" and that should end it, especially after the lecture as to just what a 70-year-old guy should be doing with his time.
fs2flyer is offline Find More Posts by fs2flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2012, 04:23 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs2flyer View Post
First, there are no roses around here. Second, the purchases do seem to be well informed. Third, and lastly, I won't need a Heli-anon. All I'll have to do is show my wife all the "toys" and that should end it, especially after the lecture as to just what a 70-year-old guy should be doing with his time.
It's called brain fitness. Nothing sharpens the mind like learning to fly in full 3D
XDRoX is offline Find More Posts by XDRoX
Old Feb 21, 2012, 09:35 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I'd recommend one of these, (which I own several)

$42.56 with shipping to NE Illinois...

How is that place, I've never ordered from them before?
Are they as reliable and fast (LOL!) as banggood?
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Feb 21, 2012, 09:59 PM
Joined Jan 2012
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
$42.56 with shipping to NE Illinois...

How is that place, I've never ordered from them before?
Are they as reliable and fast (LOL!) as banggood?
Great place. I literally have the Heli at my door in under 48 hours every time I order from them. I live closer but they are a great site.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:15 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDRoX View Post
Great place. I literally have the Heli at my door in under 48 hours every time I order from them. I live closer but they are a great site.
I'll order one (or two) then.

That company is in China, right?

TIA ~ Erik
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Feb 21, 2012, 11:15 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
@fs2flyer

You're not alone. This is highly contagious stuff.

My dog wanted to go for a walk a few months ago. While out walking, I saw a neighbor who I barely know staring up into the sky. I quickly noticed the small yellow plane flying around above and stopped to ask some questions. He recommended the Hobbyzone Champ. One month later, I'm the proud new owner of a Champ. AWESOME plane btw.

So I'm in a Champ thread on RCGroups.com and get a PM from @scotsoft that said..."hey, you should check out small indoor heli's". He went on to recommend the 107G. Couple weeks later, I took deliver of my first heli (and just ordered my 2nd).

So I'm flying it around showing off on New Years Eve with some friends of mine. Four more 107G's were ordered and now we all have them.

I now see people talking about faster models out there and here I am about to pull the trigger on a 9958.

All because my dog wanted to go for a walk one day......
Scotsoft (John) has a fine collection of 3 channel helis and is well informed. He's a really cool Guy. Glad you are enjoying your Champ. Everyone tells me to get one...great starter..yada, yada, yada. Some day maybe

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 22, 2012, 02:17 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2010
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fs2flyer View Post
Somebody HELP ! .....there's gotta be a way to avoid all of these RCGroup heli threads. I started with ONE yellow Syma S107G 'cause everyone said it was good indoor fun, and it is. Did lots of the weight mods and that was fun. Then, I wanted to go outside so I now have a S033G with improved outside mods. Then, I wanted even more outdoor performance and got a Blade MQX which is GREAT outdoors. Then, I wanted to compare the mod 107 with the original 107, so I now have a new blue 107. Then, lots of folks said how nice and realistic the S026G was and, guess what? There's a 026 in transit. And, now you're telling me a good "advance" standard heli is the 9958 and I've already found a good price and delivery. Hmmmm......next stop has to be the psychologist, I guess. .....from no heli to 5 or maybe 6 in 3 weeks....geee
Resistance is futile. It all started with a yellow S107 that was labelled a Protocol Tiger Jet. Little did I know I had inadvertently stumbled upon the mother of all gateway drugs.
My friends tell me i'm getting a little obsessive but then again I do have the coolest toys.
My advice is, don't fight it, go with the flow.
slim1357 is offline Find More Posts by slim1357
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:45 AM
noob
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2011
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Scotsoft (John) has a fine collection of 3 channel helis and is well informed. He's a really cool Guy. Glad you are enjoying your Champ. Everyone tells me to get one...great starter..yada, yada, yada. Some day maybe

Mike.
Yeah, he was nice to reach out and make the recommendation. I was complaining in the champ thread that I can't fly on 75% of the days around here because of wind. This was the solution.

Since then, I have gotten much better with the champ and can maintain flight/hover in winds up to about 10mph.

The champ is an absolute blast! Comes RTF with all batteries in a nice carry case. Parts are available cheap on Amazon, ebay or everywhere else. You can also make most repairs with some tape, glue or toothpicks.
Veccster is offline Find More Posts by Veccster
Old Feb 22, 2012, 10:49 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,830 Posts
Veccster,..yeah, I know all about how cool the Champ is. You gotta rub it in eh

Dang, I'm a bit concerned here Guys. When I put my order of 4 S107's they clearly stated they were coming from "Battery Superstore." I even have the email. I just logged into my Amazon account because I didn't get any notification yet and now it says the order is coming from "Tenergy Corporation."

What's up with that? Can they do this? I emailed "Battery Superstore" and told them that I wanted my helis from them, otherwise they are going back if they are fake/clone from "Tenergy Corporation."

BTW, what kind of rep. does Tenergy Corp. have as far as selling genuine/clone S107's?

Mike.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:24 AM
Joined Apr 2005
419 Posts
Good news! Battery Superstore and Tenergy Corp. appear to be the same company, or at least under the same ownership. Like you I had ordered from Amazon with Battery Superstore as the seller and when I later looked at the online statement, it mentioned 'sold byTenergy Corporation.' There are links within the Amazon website that will provide additional information about the sellers and I did feel better after reading about Battery Superstore. The yellow S107 I had ordered from Battery Superstore/Tenergy Corp. just arrived yesterday and its components look like that of the Swann (by Syma) I purchased from the local Costco last year. Flies just as well also. However, mine did not come with extra main rotor blades, nor with a small screwdriver as with the Swann.

BTW, this S107 was the third one I had purchased from Amazon. My first S107 order was for two red ones last November for Christmas gifts. One, for my son, did not fly well at all and I finally realized that it was a clone after receiving the yellow Syma S107 from Tenergy Corp. The other one, for my son's friend, proved not to be a good Christmas gift either. More later....
HIR/Cer is offline Find More Posts by HIR/Cer
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:26 AM
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Jan 2012
17 Posts
My 3 Heli's from Meritline arrived today (1 week) and they were in a shipping box! Real S107's as usual...

Kudos to Meritline!

Chris
Aurora Chris is offline Find More Posts by Aurora Chris
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:57 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,830 Posts
@ HIR/Cer Gotcha... After clicking on a link or two, I did find out "Battery Superstore" and Tenergy Corporation" are the same people.

Thanks HP for reinforcing this issue

Mike.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:24 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,895 Posts
LOL!!!!

I've been away from the forums for a little while and have been trying to catch up.

I just wanted you to know that you guys are the reason I now own 9 3 channel helis from Syma and 2 from JXD. That's right. I blame you. Nothing to do with how amazingly fun these little guys are..oh no. My 6yr old son and I are having a blast with these. I find having a lot of them ready to go is a must when you set aside some time for fun indoor flying. When one battery runs out, I just go grab another heli. My son and I can go through pretty much the entire collection in just over an hour or so. He's doing pretty well with take-off and landings and is doing 1 minute hovers at the same altitude now. I printed a large version of Scotsoft's "cd heli pad" on letter-sized paper and he popped a S107G on it 5 times on one battery.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RoboHeli; Feb 24, 2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 03:13 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,743 Posts
That's sound like some really good Father Son R&R time. Reading your story puts a smile on my face. And thanks for the PM also.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined Jan 2012
109 Posts
Interesting find today. I opened a brand new genuine 2012 white s107G today and it came with a controller with A/B/C on it. It could only switch between two positions yet said A/B/C.

Is anyone aware of other real Syma s107G's that have A/B/C on the controller?