HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Jan 2012
229 Posts
Update on my s107 that would 'drop' unexpectly

I have found the solution to why my Blue s107 would at random times die and drop from the sky.

It appears I had two issues,

At one end of my room, behind my 60" HDTV, I have a blue neon automotive plate holder (remember when these were cool ) that I use for ambient lighting when watching movies in my home theatre. The power supply in this little bugger must be emitting a TON of RF interferance. The blus helicopter when within 3 feet would just shut off.

I did a test, holding my yellow heli (than never had this issue), and giving full throttle, found if I "fly" within 1 foot of the light, it also dies. Continuing past the 1 foot "dead" zone, it comes right back to life.

The difference between my blue and yellow was in the reciever. The little RF reciever on the blue one was bent all the way up into the body of the heli. This does not appear to be an 'optimal ' spot. So it was affected more so than my yellow heli.

Doing this seems to mess up the controllers on the helicopters. After a few test, the green LED on the board would just FLASH and I had no control. I powered down everything and let it sit (an immeadiate reset and turn on did not work) for 20 minutes and tried again. I had to turn my transmitter on and off a few times, but finally they both worked again. I left them unplugged and charged them up. I will see if they are any worse for wear tonight when I go home.

Sad thing is, I just started an RMA with Amazon to return the blue one. I also ordered another.....so now I will have two blue s107G.
broderp is offline Find More Posts by broderp
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Dec 2010
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp View Post
so now I will have two blue s107G.
I don't see the problem.
nemebean is offline Find More Posts by nemebean
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:37 PM
Joined Jan 2012
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemebean View Post
I don't see the problem.
Without going into too much detail, I actualy have 3 blue.

I have a feeling one of the blues will be getting a red canopy and blades.
broderp is offline Find More Posts by broderp
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:41 PM
Joined Apr 2005
383 Posts
Just ordered a yellow S107 from Amazon a few minutes ago, $19.00, with free shipping for orders of $25.00 or more.
HIR/Cer is offline Find More Posts by HIR/Cer
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:54 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,033 Posts
i think the problem with amazon is chance of getting a clone. and you do have to spend more to get free sh. i got an original but others were not so lucky. it depends on who amazon is selling it through. i was willing to pay 50 cents more from meritline to guarantee the real thing.

it does look like the price war is on. or maybe clearing out for the new models.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Feb 13, 2012, 01:10 PM
S107G MSR MSRX 120SR Nano QX
United Kingdom, Coventry
Joined Jan 2012
476 Posts
Out of interest, why are you guys not ordering the latest model (which I will hopefully receive in the next two days) - Am I missing something ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...E:L:OC:GB:1123
micro2000 is offline Find More Posts by micro2000
Old Feb 13, 2012, 01:29 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,359 Posts
^^^ Because they cost a whole lot more than $20?
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 13, 2012, 01:33 PM
S107G MSR MSRX 120SR Nano QX
United Kingdom, Coventry
Joined Jan 2012
476 Posts
Ah - I thought there would be good reason. At least you don't live in the UK where goods cost the same in pounds as you buy them for in dollars, even though the exchange rate is approx. 1.6 USD to 1.!!

We get ripped of on everything!!
micro2000 is offline Find More Posts by micro2000
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:10 PM
Joined Dec 2010
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by broderp View Post
Without going into too much detail, I actualy have 3 blue.
Still not seeing a problem.

Quote:
I have a feeling one of the blues will be getting a red canopy and blades.
That's how I got my "blue" one. It's a red one that had its canopy replaced with a blue one.

Sadly I'm having problems with it. After a crash this weekend it's making some funny noises. Sounds like the blades are clipping something, but I can't see what it would be.
nemebean is offline Find More Posts by nemebean
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:15 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,359 Posts
If I were you, I would examine the gears. Turn them slowly and check if they have sustained any damages.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:30 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,240 Posts
Any idea whether today's Amazon deal is a legit version? My friend Dave said he pulled the trigger on it.

$19:

http://www.amazon.com/Syma-S107-Heli...tag=slicinc-20
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 13, 2012, 07:35 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Any idea whether today's Amazon deal is a legit version? My friend Dave said he pulled the trigger on it.

$19:

http://www.amazon.com/Syma-S107-Heli...tag=slicinc-20
I think HP has ordered from them before for parts. I haven't ordered through them yet. Just put another in order through meritline. I have absolutely no need for more s107's but can't pass up the deal.

OT I just got an s109G today in the mail. What a stable Heli. A little slow but so stable it's fun. Binded right to my s107g Tx without a problem.
XDRoX is offline Find More Posts by XDRoX
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:23 AM
Joined Jan 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Chris View Post
Meritline has Red, Yellow and Blue S107's on sale today. $20.99 shipped!
Use Coupon Code: MLCK213PNL1 . Only 200 coupon uses available!
I'm ready to buy a couple of S107 and it seems an unbeatable price (the 2 Helis Combo at 39.99$). What do you think about this offer? Will this be clone / fake or legitime SYMA? ...HP some ideas? Thanks!
nitropy is offline Find More Posts by nitropy
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:56 AM
noob
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2011
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Try this. Power up normally. TX on..throw the throttle up full then back off. Power up heli. NOW, throw the throttle up full again very quickly back off quickly. Fly.

Mike.
well...that may have just worked! I was only able to put one flight in last night but it didn't have the non-stop erratic flight pattern of previous runs. It did 'blip' twice but it was minor and on twice.

Possibly a problem with the TX?

I'll have to try it using my friends TX to see if that makes a difference. I did try new batteries in mine and that didn't change anything.

Thanks for the tip.
Veccster is offline Find More Posts by Veccster
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:36 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitropy View Post
I'm ready to buy a couple of S107 and it seems an unbeatable price (the 2 Helis Combo at 39.99$). What do you think about this offer? Will this be clone / fake or legitime SYMA? ...HP some ideas? Thanks!
The ones I've ordered through them have been real.
XDRoX is offline Find More Posts by XDRoX