to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2012, 01:47 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
Thank you for the correction...the problem is definitely with the throttle...not the elevator.

And yes, there is an audible difference. I can actually hear the motor rev up and send the heli shooting toward the sky. I can also hear it cutting out, sending it toward the floor. Again, this is while holding throttle perfectly still in the middle of the room - no wash or airflow to speak of.

The weirdest part is that it settles down and does not do this throughout the entire flight - just the first minute or two.

This happens every time in every flight location throughout my house - so no interference or air flow issues.

I have no spin issues during these erratic periods either. It will sit still facing the same direction and still be "bouncing" up and down.

Maybe a bad battery sending bursts of juice to the motor? Not even sure if that could happen though.

Otherwise...it's probably a bad motor.
Try this. Power up normally. TX on..throw the throttle up full then back off. Power up heli. NOW, throw the throttle up full again very quickly back off quickly. Fly.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 12, 2012, 02:08 PM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
S107 crash @ 1000 fps (0 min 15 sec)

S107 Crashes (1 min 44 sec)
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Feb 12, 2012, 02:39 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,282 Posts
S-L-O-M-O. Those crashes looked intentional If they were,,,...Oh boy...HP is not going to be happy

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 12, 2012, 02:49 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
109 Posts
That icicle shot is awesome.
XDRoX is offline Find More Posts by XDRoX
Old Feb 12, 2012, 02:52 PM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
They were intentional, but it's just my clone, the motors die anyway as soon as I try turning, lol. Figured I might as well have some fun with it.
It still works fine by the way, except for the turning problem.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:27 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
cgpirre,

Keep the slow motion vids coming.
They really help with understanding and/ or determining problems or just for heli physics.
If you have a cp heli and slow mo that it would be really awesome.
Jim
Stamp is online now Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:44 PM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
I'm a total beginner, stamp, I just got my first heli 6 weeks ago
I do have a V911 on the way, if that one keeps me interested in the hobby for more then a few weeks, I might consider saving for a cp
In the mean time, if you have a request I can do with an S107 or 110, feel free to post it here or to pm me.
Keep in mind though that this is a relatively simple camera, and higher speed means lower resolution and image quality, as you can see in the videos I posted before.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 05:01 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
I kind of abused my clone, and a small gear lost a tooth. I replaced it, and now it has the problem that the motors just stop if I let it turn left or right. It didn't have this problem before.
Does anyone have an idea on how to fix this?

Also, since it was pretty useless anyway, my buddy and I abused it some more to make slow-mo crash videos, I'll be uploading them later tonight
Pirre, I'm gonna pass on that video. As you all know, I have a thing against helicopter cruelty.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 12, 2012, 05:55 PM
My toilet water has TBE
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
...snip
In the mean time, if you have a request I can do with an S107 or 110, feel free to post it here or to pm me.
Keep in mind though that this is a relatively simple camera, and higher speed means lower resolution and image quality, as you can see in the videos I posted before.
The slo-mo is really neat stuff cgpirre! I'd like to make a request for watching what happens going from hover to forward and/ or backward. Like a side view as attitude changes to see what happens to the blades and bar. Too bad she doesn't turn or watching blade rotation might be interesting, too. No crashes, please. Poor little thing.

So, it just completely shuts off anytime you try to turn it, eh?

Thanks, man!
stickman0236 is offline Find More Posts by stickman0236
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:02 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
I'm a total beginner, stamp, I just got my first heli 6 weeks ago
I do have a V911 on the way, if that one keeps me interested in the hobby for more then a few weeks, I might consider saving for a cp
You'll have way more fun with the V911 than the S107. Night and day difference in the fun factor IMO.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:33 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I have just created a new blog entry called "My S107 has no Lift..."

It gives suggestions on how to diagnose and fix the common issues related to coaxial helicopters. If you are having similar issues, please make a visit. I hope it helps finding the causes and fixing the problems.
GREAT blog, Heli Pad! And very helpfull!

I have a low-milage Syma 108 that has always been very stable & predictable. Until today.

It doesn't spin out of control, but about 1/2 a munute into the flight (with a fresh charge) it loses power, only flies a few inches from the floor, and refuses to turn (yaw) to port. I'm forced to control it by making right (CW) turns only.

Trying to figger' out what's going on with it now....
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Last edited by IceRail; Feb 13, 2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 04:29 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
HP, I can't force anyone to watch them

Stickman, I'll see what we (it's my buddies' cam) can do. I can use my genuine 107 for the non-crash vids, lol.
The motors stop if I try turning it, but if I release and re-apply throttle it starts up again.
If I move the stick all the way to the left it instantly stops, if I move it to the right the bottom blades slowly spin down until both motors stop again, or the top blades slam into them (at least, I think that's what happens).

And that's good to hear, Hayabusa
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:49 AM
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Jan 2012
17 Posts
$20.99 Shipped!

Meritline has Red, Yellow and Blue S107's on sale today. $20.99 shipped!
Use Coupon Code: MLCK213PNL1 . Only 200 coupon uses available!
Aurora Chris is offline Find More Posts by Aurora Chris
Old Feb 13, 2012, 11:26 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
greatly appreciated chris. thanks to you i was able to pick up a new blue one today to replace the one i stripped to 26g which no longer has any blue on it:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1593896

and thanks for the other two i picked up couple weeks back for $39. you are the one who actually deserves credit for introducing both those deals to these threads.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993