HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2012, 08:33 AM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micro2000 View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post20700332

This seems a long winded way to see a video, but hopefully it will work.

Aaron, what do you think ?
Hey micro,
Absolutely sure that the real Syma S107 with the red PCB board,square plug,Chinese version package ,I don't know why your s107 has a square plug,but green PCB,is that the High copy edition?Is there is Brandmark "Syma"on the package box? does it include two extra blades?
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2012, 08:35 AM
S107G MSR MSRX 120SR Nano QX
United Kingdom, Coventry
Joined Jan 2012
476 Posts
Yes, two extra white blades were included and syma logo on box; and the TX throttle is spring loaded.
micro2000 is offline Find More Posts by micro2000
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:42 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
Why don't you just youtube it?
i for one greatly appreciate micro2000 video since i cannot view youtube. i wish more members took advantage of that. too bad its so space limited.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:44 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
109 Posts
Everything that I know tells me you got a fake. Not a clone, because a clone wouldn't say Syma on the box. A fake would.

To the best of my knowledge:
real one have never used green motors, fakes do
real ones have red boards, fakes have green ones
real ones have never came with replacement blades, fake ones do

The clearest evidence of a genuine Syma is the board. The board trumps everything else IMO.

You did get a good fake. I've never seen one with 91mm rotors. That's the real size. So if you need to replace one, real Syma replacement parts will probably work fine.

I don't buy the response from your ebay vendor, but then again, I'm a skeptical person.

If you really want a real one I'd return it.

But if you're anything like everyone else on this forum then in a couple weeks you'll have a bunch more heli's and won't even care that your first one was a fake. I have a fake on my bench. It flies fine. I have half a dozen real ones and they fly fine too.

So I'd just enjoy it. People get too hung up on real vs fake sometimes IMO.
XDRoX is offline Find More Posts by XDRoX
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:48 AM
United Kingdom, Coventry
Joined Jan 2012
476 Posts
Fake or real, all I am interested in is whether i can get spare parts for it. It did arrive with 23 different spare parts in an envelope, all of which appear to match the Syma spares. I am inclined to beleive (hope) I will get spares so will probably let it be, although i have emailed the photos to Syma for thier opnion. Further, the instruction book that came with it lists all the correct spare parts, with the correct spare part numbers.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:53 AM
OCR
Joined Jan 2012
8 Posts
no lift: please advise

My s107 was working fine with normal flight and charging times. Suddenly it has stopped working: the blades still turn but their is no lift. At first I thought that the battery may not have charged properly, so I recharged it but still the same problem persists. It's very strange that it has gone straight from working 100% to no lift at all between charging. Can anyone please suggest what might have gone wrong and how to fix it? Thank you.
OCR is offline Find More Posts by OCR
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:57 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCR View Post
My s107 was working fine with normal flight and charging times. Suddenly it has stopped working: the blades still turn but their is no lift. At first I thought that the battery may not have charged properly, so I recharged it but still the same problem persists. It's very strange that it has gone straight from working 100% to no lift at all between charging. Can anyone please suggest what might have gone wrong and how to fix it? Thank you.
Is it possible that you ruined your battery? Did you run it all the way dead before recharging it.
XDRoX is offline Find More Posts by XDRoX
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:03 AM
OCR
Joined Jan 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDRoX View Post
Is it possible that you ruined your battery? Did you run it all the way dead before recharging it.
I don't know. I flew it for the same time I normally do and charged it in the same way. I had assumed that if the battery failed, it would do so gradually rather than go from a normal flight time (about 6 minutes) to zero in one charge. But I don't know, which is why I've posted the questions.
OCR is offline Find More Posts by OCR
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:18 AM
United Kingdom, Coventry
Joined Jan 2012
476 Posts
Heli, you asked for a picture of my left profile :
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:24 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,972 Posts
Quote:
It did arrive with 23 different spare parts in an envelope, all of which appear to match the Syma spares.
i think that makes it the best deal currently available even if a clone. personally id keep it. actually i may order one to replace the blue i modified beyond recognition.

edit: guess thats a no go. no blue and its uk. where is china when i need it?
Last edited by dave1993; Feb 10, 2012 at 11:44 AM. Reason: shucks
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:17 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCR View Post
OCR, Welcome to RCG. I get that your helicopter suddenly has no lift. Place it on a smooth surface, a flat table top for example, but not something rough like carpet. Give your helicopter max throttle. Here's my questions for you:

While the blades are spinning, is the body of the helicopter staying still, or spinning continuously? If it is spinning, could you adjust the trim knob enough to compensate for it. If not, which direction is it spinning?
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:20 PM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Micro, it looks an awful lot like my first 107, which was also a clone. Even the box is the same, but mine has a round plug instead of a square one.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=10293
cgpirre is online now Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:44 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Well, I got it down to 1.5Mb, in MP4 format, but the attachment options says i cant upload video into this forum. now im really confused.
Upload videos to YouTube, then post the link.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:20 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,203 Posts
Quote:
Heli, you asked for a picture of my left profile :
Well, it seems real vs fake is a hot subject lately. I have lots of information on that subject. Perhaps when I have the time, I'll make a blog tutorial of it.

But for now, perhaps a few brief comments. Over the years, even SYMA has evolved. We must keep all these variations in mind because in a discussion like this. Everything within these variations of the yard stick is a Genuine SYMA, and SYMA makes sure that you could buy replacement parts from its supplier. Anything that deviates outside these parameters, regardless how small it is, is a fake.

I usually care less about the box, because it could be a rebrand of a SYMA or something. It is the content of the box that I care about. I have seen a fair share of fakes, because I study them. And I would tell you that there are so many of them out there, you can't say that your fake should be the same as my fake. If you think that you've seen one and you've seen them all, you are mistaken. I'm still seeing new variations all the time. Studying these things is an ongoing discipline.

Micro, I asked you for that picture because I want to see the shafts, and after seeing that picture, I could tell you that you would have an issue getting replacement parts for the shafts also.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:32 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,972 Posts
i notice in his photo the shaft below the bottom rotor is much thicker than above the rotor. on mine they are the same size.

guess its a good thing i wasnt able to buy one.

actually as somebody noted earlier there may be 3 types: originals, clones (compatible), and fakes (incompatible). just a theory.