SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 08, 2012, 05:31 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDRoX View Post
That is the problem. Thank you.
Do you have the parts you need to fix your grandpa's heli?
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2012, 05:41 AM
My toilet water has TBE
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
...snip
Also, is there any way to bind a clone to a genuine syma controller?
Or is it perhaps possible to switch out the pcb from a clone controller to a syma controller, so the control sticks have a better resolution (or how do you call it?).
I think this would greatly improve the responsiveness of the clone helicopter, because right now for the first 3 minutes of a flight it's either way too much throttle, not enough, or just enough to hover but not do anything else...
I bet it's just an inherent thing with a fresh/ full battery. Both of my copters are kinda touchy at the beginning of flights with full power. I suspect even if you could 'smooth out' the TX signal for fresh batteries, at the end of your flight you may be thrashing the controls to get anything out of her.
I know, not much help.
stickman0236 is offline Find More Posts by stickman0236
Old Feb 08, 2012, 05:59 AM
My toilet water has TBE
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
stickman0236 is offline Find More Posts by stickman0236
Last edited by stickman0236; Apr 15, 2012 at 03:57 AM.
Old Feb 08, 2012, 09:16 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Do you have the parts you need to fix your grandpa's heli?
Nope, but I just put an order in for one from amazon.
XDRoX is offline Find More Posts by XDRoX
Old Feb 08, 2012, 11:34 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
@everyone that liked the video
We will surely make more videos, glad you all enjoyed it

@Heli Pad:
That seems to be the best solution, thanks!

@stickman
That's what I thought first, but I changed my mind after flying my genuine 107 for the first time, it is so much calmer and reacts a lot smoother to throttle, it's a world of difference.
When I try to fly my clone, the first 3 minutes (of the 5 minute flight I limit myself to...) it constantly bounces up and down a foot because the throttle stick is so inaccurate.

About the wall charger, it's a good idea. I'm not technologically challenged fortunately, so I think I'll get it to work without blowing anything up ;D
For now I'll just tell my friend to set a 45 minute timer when charging, I tried it with my clone charger and the light came on after 40~45 minutes, and it had a good full 5 minute flight after cooling down.

And of course, everybody else also thanks for the suggestions and input, much appreciated!

Picture is what me and my buddy have so far. It all started just 6 weeks ago with a 107 clone he got as a gift, I was very impressed, and it kind of escalated from there. I'm sure this sounds very familiar
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Feb 08, 2012, 03:04 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
It all started just 6 weeks ago with a 107 clone he got as a gift, I was very impressed, and it kind of escalated from there. I'm sure this sounds very familiar
Very familiar.
XDRoX is offline Find More Posts by XDRoX
Old Feb 08, 2012, 04:05 PM
United Kingdom, Crawley
Joined Jan 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDRoX View Post
Very familiar.
even as far as the 6 week bit!!!
zetecmk2 is offline Find More Posts by zetecmk2
Old Feb 08, 2012, 10:10 PM
Joined Jan 2012
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindecay View Post
Yes.... It does exactly the same
It flys great one minute around 3-4 meters away... turn around... start to fly back or side ways and down she goes. Sometimes you can hear a pre stutter on the rotors and then it drops. Once on the floor you can get it straight back in the air but the same will happen again with 20-30 secs again
Anyone find the cause of this issue? I'm ready to return my blue s107 because of this as well as just dropping out of the sky being only 7-10 feet away. (My yellow does not have this issue and the problem is with the helicopter, as controlling it with the other transmitter from the yellow has the same results)
broderp is offline Find More Posts by broderp
Old Feb 08, 2012, 10:32 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,693 Posts
Since you have determined that the issue is with the helicopter and its Rx, and not with the Tx. The next thing to check is the position of the IR Rx. It in the rear part of the PCB. Compare the positions between the good and the bad, and see if there is any noticeable difference. Otherwise, it's probably an issue beyond simple remedy and you've got a lemon. Return it.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 12:58 AM
Lucas
United States, WY, Smoot
Joined Jun 2002
46 Posts
And then again it could be as simple as flying under fluorescent light ...
Lucas490 is offline Find More Posts by Lucas490
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:34 AM
Joined Jul 2011
252 Posts
syma s107 keep hot selling for quite a time
LightLake is offline Find More Posts by LightLake
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:51 AM
Lucas
United States, WY, Smoot
Joined Jun 2002
46 Posts
Everything that does go wrong

Heli Pad

I just look in here from time-to-time. Since I started flying in mid-winter 2010-11, I expect I have experienced about everything that can go wrong. I've bought 10-15 107s. Three of them are beyond repair and have been salvaged for parts.

Have you or someone else listed all the common problems/flaws?

Pilots who stay with it eventually stop tearing up blades and graduate to less obvious and more subtle things. I've reached the gear failure stage and let me say, that was the toughest yet to figure out.

Let me know and I'll put together some sort of recounting of my experiences.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 02:16 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas490 View Post
Heli Pad

I just look in here from time-to-time. Since I started flying in mid-winter 2010-11, I expect I have experienced about everything that can go wrong. I've bought 10-15 107s. Three of them are beyond repair and have been salvaged for parts.

Have you or someone else listed all the common problems/flaws?

Pilots who stay with it eventually stop tearing up blades and graduate to less obvious and more subtle things. I've reached the gear failure stage and let me say, that was the toughest yet to figure out.

Let me know and I'll put together some sort of recounting of my experiences.
Lucas, Since the post was directed at me, I'll respond. I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences with your helicopters. It did come across my mind to document what I have learned about the S107s, tips, problems, and fixes. But it will take more time than I have right now.

If you would like to talk about your specific situations, I'd be happy to read them. If I can't help, perhaps other knowledgeable people here could.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 02:53 AM
Lucas
United States, WY, Smoot
Joined Jun 2002
46 Posts
Heli - I don't need help. I assume what I've learned is the normal way things go.

I'll put together a brief recounting of my path through the Heli Karma and maybe we can refer others to it when one of the inevitable situations comes up.

The learning experience order was like this for me:

1. Broken blades
2. Short battery life
3. TBE
4. Broken top pins
5. Hair
6. Burned circuit board due to large solder gun
7. Lost screws
8.Tail motor failure
9. Florescent lights
10. Gear failure.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 08:42 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
very good post. saved to disk. someone else started a diagnostic thread but i dont think there were any actual diagnostics in it.

ive had good luck with mine but my buddy who has more s107s would check off most of those items on your list. he might add a couple items like worn main motor and broken tail blade.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993