HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 07, 2012, 02:30 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybynyte View Post
When turned off, none of the other lights are on, including the blue LED and the lights inside the body. The chopper won't power up, either, using the controller.
Ok, that would indeed indicate the heli being switched off. They must have wired the led the wrong way, not attached to the part behind the switch, but to a point before that, so the switch has no effect.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 03:06 PM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
612 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get the clone charging plug, with the round connector?
I fixed my friends' chopper, he borked his battery, and it seems like his charger doesn't indicate when the battery is full, which is quite inconvenient.

Also, is there any way to bind a clone to a genuine syma controller?
Or is it perhaps possible to switch out the pcb from a clone controller to a syma controller, so the control sticks have a better resolution (or how do you call it?).
I think this would greatly improve the responsiveness of the clone helicopter, because right now for the first 3 minutes of a flight it's either way too much throttle, not enough, or just enough to hover but not do anything else...
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Feb 07, 2012, 04:14 PM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
612 Posts
And a little video:
Startup of a Syma S107 at 1000 FPS (0 min 22 sec)

next time we'll try filming crashes n such under better lighting conditions, we think this might result in some interesting footage
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Feb 07, 2012, 04:29 PM
United States, TX, Texarkana
Joined Dec 2011
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
And a little video...next time we'll try filming crashes n such under better lighting conditions, we think this might result in some interesting footage
How cool is that?! Yes, most definitely you should keep filming!
rprebel is offline Find More Posts by rprebel
Old Feb 07, 2012, 09:29 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
425 Posts
<------- Has been corrected by dave1993 .
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Last edited by IceRail; Feb 08, 2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2012, 10:28 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2010
533 Posts
Quote:
And a little video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDP7THilbLQ
next time we'll try filming crashes n such under better lighting conditions, we think this might result in some interesting footage
+1000
Please film 30 s107s all bound to the same controller taking off at the same time.
slim1357 is offline Find More Posts by slim1357
Old Feb 07, 2012, 11:07 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
109 Posts
Need some help...

OK guys. My Grandfather called me tonight and said he crashed his heli and it wasn't working any longer.

Here's a video.

I believe this is what as known as TBE, but I see nothing wrong with the heli. Everything seems to be perfectly fine.

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpllJ...ature=youtu.be
XDRoX is offline Find More Posts by XDRoX
Old Feb 07, 2012, 11:09 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
Quote:
And a little video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDP7THilbLQ
That was very nice.
I knew that slight snapping noise was the blades being jarred back on startup
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Feb 08, 2012, 01:00 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,373 Posts
Quote:
My Grandfather called me tonight and said he crashed his heli and it wasn't working any longer.
Here is the most frequent cause of "flying/crashed/not flying/TBE for S107:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post20304349
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Feb 08, 2012, 01:22 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
Here is the most frequent cause of "flying/crashed/not flying/TBE for S107:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post20304349
That is the problem. Thank you.
XDRoX is offline Find More Posts by XDRoX
Old Feb 08, 2012, 02:03 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,373 Posts
Glad to be of service. It is VERY common and VERY hard to detect on cursory examination. The credit goes to HeliPad for documenting and illustrating it.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Feb 08, 2012, 03:41 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,107 Posts
AFAIK, Genuine SYMA S107s are shipped with 150mAh Lipo. I have seen clones shipped with 180mAh.

I installed a 240mAh in my S105. It did not have lift issue. It flies better than I had expected and the flight times are about 8.5 minutes.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 08, 2012, 03:59 AM
My toilet water has TBE
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
And a little video: next time we'll try filming crashes n such under better lighting conditions, we think this might result in some interesting footage
That's COOL cgpirre!!
Had to watch that a few times.
stickman0236 is offline Find More Posts by stickman0236
Old Feb 08, 2012, 04:13 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
It's nothing but a 2.5 mm mono (only two contacts) DIN male plug. ETA: Do you have any old obsolete earphones/headphones laying around?
the one used in headphones is called a "phono" plug. "din" is the type used by mouse/keyboard. neither is for the clone charger.

the one in the post after this one this is called "coaxial power" plug and is the one in the clone chargers. it is just coincidence that it is used in "coaxial" helis.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Last edited by dave1993; Feb 08, 2012 at 04:45 AM. Reason: coaxial
Old Feb 08, 2012, 04:27 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,107 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone know where I can get the clone charging plug, with the round connector?
I fixed my friends' chopper, he borked his battery, and it seems like his charger doesn't indicate when the battery is full, which is quite inconvenient.

Also, is there any way to bind a clone to a genuine syma controller?
Or is it perhaps possible to switch out the pcb from a clone controller to a syma controller, so the control sticks have a better resolution (or how do you call it?).
I think this would greatly improve the responsiveness of the clone helicopter, because right now for the first 3 minutes of a flight it's either way too much throttle, not enough, or just enough to hover but not do anything else...
One of the biggest issue with clones/fakes is that the PCB could be completely different and incompatible with the genuine SYMA electronics, making them impossible to work with Syma controllers. Switching out the main PCB is possible, but it is costly, and most people would be overwhelmed by the procedure. IMHO, it's not worth the effort, and I'd probably just buy a new helicopter.

But it seems to me that you were able to repair your friend's. And the USB charging cable that you're looking for might be this USB cable with round plug. I have pointed another member to this cable in the past. He has a different helicopter. It turned out to be a perfect match for his. I couldn't guarantee that it will work for yours. But I think the odds are pretty good. Should you take the bet and go for it, when you get it, be sure to check fitting size and POLARITY before using.

Good luck, Pirre.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad