SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 01, 2012, 12:41 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
for those that dont read both threads the 4 meritline s107s finally arrived. my buddy got his blue ones in 2 days shipped from ca. mine took couple weeks (apparently on a "slow boat from china"). i did get red and yellow so it was worth the wait.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 12:53 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,635 Posts
Dave, I'm glad to hear that you did get red and yellow, because you already have blue. I doubt very much that you birds crossed the pond, because all the S107 from Meritline come from US warehouse. However, I think they made a mistake of offering red/yellow during a brief moment of your ordering and then it required special handling. AFAIK, none of us got anything other than blue. So, like you said, it was worth the wait. Enjoy.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 01, 2012, 01:29 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
yes i made sure to order mine before introducing that deal to this thread. and when i went back the next day the blue was on sale. so he who hesitates..

was joking about the slow boat but it was shipped differently. i think you or sombody here said it arrives by courier and so did my friends. mine however was airmail and also said "syma" not "sky master". they do appear to be originals and the 2 i tried fly great. i can go around corners through 3 rooms and back landing on a coffe can. something my 26g "blue" cant do (actually nothing blue left on it....nothing).
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:06 PM
My toilet water has TBE
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
When I 'discovered' this little trick I managed to keep it there for 5 seconds, of course when I'm trying to film it it never works as nice, lol.
Dang, cgpirre, that's pretty good. It's a lot harder than it looks. I only got one good snag where she hung for a bit before she wiggled loose. It's very good practice for finesse. Thanks for the idea!
stickman0236 is offline Find More Posts by stickman0236
Old Feb 01, 2012, 10:38 PM
Joined Jan 2012
5 Posts
Wow this forum is really live! Thanks Heli Pad for your goodwill and helps! I certainly will come here first before my next buy! BTW, what´s the history about the colors? Some are more difficult to find? When I search for S107 on ebay, amazon, etc etc I found offers in all three colors...
nitropy is offline Find More Posts by nitropy
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:58 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,635 Posts
Colors

Oh, there are old colors and there are new colors. Classic colors are red, yellow, and blue. The red and yellow have similar blade graphics. However, the blue inherited the blade design from its predecessor, the S105G, which I like. And perhaps for that reason, for a time, the blue was hard to find and they were more expensive. Then, later on, the classic red, yellow, and blue were widely available.

New in 2012, SYMA redesigned their aging line-up with newer graphics, and they added 2 new colors - a White with gold accents, and a Lime Green one. There are also a new yellow one, and a new red one, although for some unknown reasons, the new blue one has not debuted. I'm still waiting for its arrival.

And that, my friend, is what I knew about the history of the S107 colors.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:46 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
109 Posts
Very exciting night. I just repaired and sort of modded my first s107.
Here's the story. My brother in law called me and said the rear little motor on his s107 stopped working. I stopped by his house to get it and he also gave me his old s108G for spare parts because it no longer works.

BTW Heli Pad, I tried to bind the s108G Tx to one of my s107's and it did not work

So I took the rear tail motor off the s108G and put it on my brother in law's s107. While I still had everything apart I test flighted it. It hauled ass
I didn't know you could get this type of speed out of these little birds.

I then switched his tail rotor with the one form the s108G and turned the motor upside down for better balance. I can believe how fun it was to fly compared to what I'm use to. I didn't put a lot of the parts back on because I want my BIL to try it like this tomorrow. I'm sure he'll like the improvements.

And for the newbies, yes, this was a clone s107. My BIL bought it on a group-on a couple weeks ago.

A shot of my work bench. You can see the sacrificial s108G

A close up of his new and improved toy.
XDRoX is offline Find More Posts by XDRoX
Old Feb 02, 2012, 12:57 AM
Joined Jan 2012
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Oh, there are old colors and there are new colors. Classic colors are red, yellow, and blue. The red and yellow have similar blade graphics. However, the blue inherited the blade design from its predecessor, the S105G, which I like. And perhaps for that reason, for a time, the blue was hard to find and they were more expensive. Then, later on, the classic red, yellow, and blue were widely available.

New in 2012, SYMA redesigned their aging line-up with newer graphics, and they added 2 new colors - a White with gold accents, and a Lime Green one. There are also a new yellow one, and a new red one, although for some unknown reasons, the new blue one has not debuted. I'm still waiting for its arrival.

And that, my friend, is what I knew about the history of the S107 colors.
I'm waiting on that new blue as well HP

Old colors:

New ones:
Old Feb 02, 2012, 01:34 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,635 Posts
Thanks, XDRoX. Pictures are better than words.

Are you and your brother in law coming out to fly?
Old Feb 02, 2012, 05:56 AM
My toilet water has TBE
Joined Dec 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDRoX View Post
I'm waiting on that new blue as well HP
That's sure a pretty lookin lineup.
Anyone aware of differences, besides colors n graphics, on the new ones?
stickman0236 is offline Find More Posts by stickman0236
Old Feb 02, 2012, 09:07 AM
Joined Jan 2012
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Thanks, XDRoX. Pictures are better than words.

Are you and your brother in law coming out to fly?
Don't know yet. I'll let you you ASAP. Definitely want to go, just not sure what the wife has planned yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman0236 View Post
That's sure a pretty lookin lineup.
Anyone aware of differences, besides colors n graphics, on the new ones?
Nope, same old birds, just a new fresh look. I've ordered two 3-packs of the new colors so far.

BTW, the new blue one is indeed for sale now!
Right here.

Old Feb 02, 2012, 09:22 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
someone did imply that replacement parts for the originals dont work on the new. i guess well have to wait awhile to find out if they really are the same.

i hope so.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Jan 2012
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
someone did imply that replacement parts for the originals dont work on the new. i guess well have to wait awhile to find out if they really are the same.

i hope so.
All parts appear to be completely the same except the colors.
I can take detailed comparison pics of any parts if need be.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 10:45 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
i suspect that comment from a few days back might not be reliable as i dont think he owned one. ill follow your observations for now. of couse we wont know for sure until somebody breaks one and actually tries to fit replacements.

also syma probably wont retool unless theres a big reason to. why risk spoiling a good thing.

it would be nice to see more pics of the different colors and style though if its not too much trouble. the ad photos are getting old.
Old Feb 02, 2012, 11:35 AM
Wasn't my fault, I had it and
United States, WV, Ripley
Joined Jan 2012
147 Posts
Just received my 2 blue s107's. The yellow clone I have is still waiting for the replacement head. They are charging as I type this. My son will be excited when he gets home from school!!!
Thanks again HeliPad for the HDHU!!
Wacky1 is offline Find More Posts by Wacky1