HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2012, 08:55 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,425 Posts
if a unit comes with and flys well with a 180mAH bat , why do you think plunking in a 240 or more is cool?

These copters are running near tolerance with the weight of their original batteries.

You can burn out motors and batteries by trying to get cute with load weights or *Uber Batteries* . Live it up and buy a 240 mAH bat and see how the sxtra weight treats you.

GL
Bye
John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:20 PM
noob
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2011
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink124 View Post
For some reason or another, mine would just lose throttle completely for a brief msec while in the air. I'm thinking this is caused by IR interference as well but I'm not sure.
Mine did this but I figured out it was happening every time my wife changed the channel while I was flying.

It's just a brief mila-second and adds an extra challenge to my flying.
Veccster is offline Find More Posts by Veccster
Old Jan 09, 2012, 02:53 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2010
534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinhubble View Post
I see those 240 mAh batteries too. I'm trying to decide if I should give them a try instead of going for a direct replacement.
In my experience, the added weight made for poor performance and not very much longer flight times. Solder an eflite battery connector on and you can use micro batteries. The 160 mah nano techs are great at first but have a short lifespan. Hyperions are much better and will last through many more cycles than the nano techs.
slim1357 is offline Find More Posts by slim1357
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:47 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Syma S107C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Kracon, are these S107C on sale yet?
Those 107Cs look mighty nice...
I'm learning about RCs as fast as I can now I have another lesson to learn... don't try and buy everything all at once because a new model or new accessory is coming just around the corner.

Since day one though, I've been interested in getting a heli with a camera. Gonna try and hold out for an outdoor capable one but if something happens to my 2 S107s then I'd look real hard at the S107C (depending on price)
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 09, 2012, 02:30 PM
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Dec 2006
453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinhubble View Post
Hello everybody,

I was on here a couple days ago (page 679 of this thread), where I explained my problem. I got some good advice, but didn't have enough information, and I had to get to sleep, so I'm back to see if anybody can help me again.

To recap:

I've got an S107 with an R5 board. After a few flights (and crashes), my poor heli stopped taking off. Basically, when I turn on the heli, the onboard LED flashes and becomes stable (as it should, I understand), but as soon as I try to take off (push up on the tx), the LED starts flashing and nothing happens. At first, one (or both?) of the motors would tick, but now it doesn't even do that.

At first, I thought the battery had just run down, so I tried to charge it, but the charger doesn't seem to work like it's supposed to. The red light is always on when using the USB charger, and the LED on the rx doesn't change when I try to charge from it. So, in order to make sure it was charging, I tried to run down the batteries (foolishly, I now realize) so I could try to recharge it, but I was unsuccessful at running down the batteries.

I've since confirmed that the battery isn't bloated, so it's not obviously damaged. Plus, I measured the voltage on the battery with the heli turned off, and I get about 3.9v, so it seems like the battery is all right.

So if I've ruled out the battery, what else could be the cause? Why won't the chargers do what they're supposed to, and what's making the LED flash when I try to take off? Any ideas?
You won't believe this but I just experienced this same problem with my S107 (light stabilizes then just a tick of rotor when pushing throttle up). In my case I am sure its a faulty on/off switch because mine is very touchy. I sometimes have to push it hard to the side for the heli to come on. I just turned it on and off a couple times and it flew fine after that.
overedline is offline Find More Posts by overedline
Old Jan 09, 2012, 04:03 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,649 Posts
Universal heli remote

Anyone want to fly almost their while fleet from just one remote?
(Just about any DSM2 remote will work, mine is the basic 4ch one you get in a RTF mSR box)

I'm beta testing a device and thought I would gather some feeling from other Syma pilots.

Here's a short S107 test from a Friday night.
DSM2ir product sneak peek (1 min 36 sec)

The video is currently "link only" so it will not come up in searches, once I have done more testing I'll be making a proper video review, this may have it's own thread soon.

As this thread is very high traffic I may not be able to find any questions on the this so if you really want know something it's best to PM me.

Happy flying!
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Jan 09, 2012, 05:58 PM
Joined Nov 2010
39 Posts
Take off problem

Gentlemen,

Which parts exactaly did I have to replace in a S107 with this kind of problem?

Syma S107 take off problem (0 min 28 sec)

Many thanks,
Gus
Airgus is offline Find More Posts by Airgus
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:04 PM
I like helis
Joined Jan 2012
26 Posts
speed mod

does anybody know any easy speed mods for the s107 besides putting a different motor in it?
heliviper777 is offline Find More Posts by heliviper777
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:07 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,326 Posts
Airgus, Hopefully... nothing to replace. When a S107 won't lift off and spinning on the surface continuously to the right (CW) like in the video, it is indicating that the upper blades are underpowered. Well, the next logical question is: Why are the upper blades underpowered? There could be a couple of reasons that do not require replacing parts. Check:

1) If there is hair, or other type to debris in your upper blade gear/shaft system, or
2) If the rotor head is slipping, not locking tightly to the inner shaft

Sometimes just cleaning, and/or taking off the rotor head system, re-aligning it onto the shaft and locking it down with the locking screw is all that you need to do.

Otherwise, we might have to look into the other replacement issues, like a bad motor, etc. But start with the first two above.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:22 PM
Joined Nov 2010
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
...rotor head is slipping, not locking tightly to the inner shaft
Bingo! The bird is flying again!

Thanks Heli Pad, for the quick and precise response.

Gus
Airgus is offline Find More Posts by Airgus
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:34 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airgus View Post
Bingo! The bird is flying again!

Thanks Heli Pad, for the quick and precise response.

Gus
Yay for Gus. No replacement part needed. A victory!
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:42 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliviper777 View Post
does anybody know any easy speed mods for the s107 besides putting a different motor in it?
Hi heliviper

A lot of us have spent a lot of time trying to spread knowledge and ask questions about these little toy helicopters. They fly pretty good for toy quality helicopters. You ask about speed mods here, but there is a whole different thread here at RC Groups dedicated to S107 speed mods. Why not read this thread and that speed mod thread and then you may not need to post question after question that have already been dealt with many times.

I am happy to help, but if you didn't notice, there are over 10,000 entries in this Syma S107 main thread and almost anything you can imagine has been covered at least 100 times.

As an answer to your question though, the best way to get some speed is to take weight off the helicopter. Back weight in particular will weight your helicopter to a more forward stance. The tail fins are useless, there are more screws in the landing gear and metal side plates than are necessary I don't use the angled tail braces and notice NO poor flight habits from their removal.

Bye
John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:16 PM
Joined Jan 2005
745 Posts
NEW Syma S107G for $19.95 free shipping!!

Found a web site that has great prices on Syma S108G for some reason
can't directly get to their web page. Here is a round about way that works:

1. Use Google Search (other search engines do not work)

2. Type in dealsshow.com

3. Click on wholesale electronics-china wholesale

4. When at the dealsshow web site do a search for syma s107

5. Here is the $19.95 heli with free shipping
scharlach is offline Find More Posts by scharlach
Old Jan 10, 2012, 01:34 PM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
They use a video and pictures with 'banggood' watermarks, lol.
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joined Jan 2005
745 Posts
The 7mm coreless motors used on the S107 should last a long time. They
do not get hot even after a robust 6+ min flight. Has anyone had a
problem with the motors?
scharlach is offline Find More Posts by scharlach