to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2011, 09:26 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I didn't even click on post #9996. It just doesn't look right. Yup, hate spammers for sure. Did anyone report it to the Mods, yet?
Yeah, already did that as everybody else was replying. Great people around here. For half a second I thought that it was a IR gun to shoot the heli out of the sky lol.
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Dec 26, 2011, 09:44 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69 View Post
Yeah, already did that as everybody else was replying. Great people around here. For half a second I thought that it was a IR gun to shoot the heli out of the sky lol.
I usually click on "Find more posts by ___" and they leave a trail like a slimy maggot
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:45 PM
France
Joined Dec 2011
7 Posts
Hi

I have 2 S107 for several months now and it's a very funny heli
But i am not a good pilot !
So i have to be good mecanist

For the second time the tail motor burn (or break inside)
and i have take the A-motor of the main shaft and its support (from my first heli)for the remplacement
The foward/reward speed is very fast now about 1 meter/second

At the first time i have keep the full lenght of the boom
but it necessary to put weight in canopy and the speed was too fast (for me)!
And you may have the big "clash" (fly-bar hit the lower blade) when stop or reverse speed
so i cut the boom and it's good without weight

I also repare my first fly-bar and my first main shaft
and also made new blade with a old access card

if that can help someone here are some photo shot:
dany34 is offline Find More Posts by dany34
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:56 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,621 Posts
I'm curious to know more about what you did with the fly bar; how your custom blades perform; and what exactly you did with the pivot pins in the head rotor.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:37 PM
Dave Hamara
Joined Dec 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Ishkabible: try not inserting the ir unit in all the way.
Thanks Daryoon. Unfortunately the app is too smart for my own good. Refuses to go "ON" and pops a warning to plug in the controller.
The folks over at UPRtek have been very responsive, and are working on a solution. The "official" list of supported devices is on their website, and my Droid is not on it http://www.uprtek.com/english/produc...il.asp?pid=144 It is a mighty short list, and certainly not all-inclusive - the takeaway here is that if your device has a fruit on it, you are good to go. If not, you pays your money and takes your chances (but I should have guessed that by the name: i.Copter).
In the mean time, I'm hanging out over on the modder's forum and seriously considering building my own controller
This site REALLY should be on the first page of the instruction "manual" - I've learned more in a few hours here than I would have in weeks of struggling with my new toy.
ishkabbible is offline Find More Posts by ishkabbible
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:30 AM
France
Joined Dec 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I'm curious to know more about what you did with the fly bar; how your custom blades perform; and what exactly you did with the pivot pins in the head rotor.
For the fly-bar (i have broken one weight on a wall) i cut the bar for a total leght of 65mm
and i screw 2 "long nuts" (i don't know the exact name in enghish) on its extremity
and add 2 screw with OD 2.5mm
The total lenght is 96mm
i have also break one link but it's flying like that without TBE (a little)

For the blade i cut the form in a old access card (or credit card) with scissors
and i heat at 90C a metal tube of OD 62mm (with flame) and put the flat blade on it
and after cooling you have the good perform
after i made the good form for edge
Like the card is not the same thickness that the original i put 2 little plastic film on the attachement hole
these blade work well but they are a little more heavy that original

For the shaft i drill a little hole in place of the original tips
and put 2 little metal axis into with some glue
but this is not a very good solution...

(sorry for my english)
dany34 is offline Find More Posts by dany34
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:42 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,621 Posts
Dany, thank you for that explanation. You're quite resourceful!!! From my experience, the fly bar, and the blades do not break as easily as the the rotor head. So, when I saw you have metal pins sticking out of the rotor head, I was most intrigued by what I saw.

Replacement blades are pretty easy to come by, so unless you're going for a special design look, I think sticking with the original replacements would be easier for fitting and balancing, w/o gaining weight.

Your fly bar also looked interesting. If you could quickly move the weights closer to the center and be able to balance them, you could test out different flight characteristics for a lot of fun.

So, keep up the good work, Dany. And welcome to the forum.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 01:39 AM
Joined Dec 2011
62 Posts
Syma s107 aluminum case

Hey guys I just got a Syma for Christmas. I love it, I already own a cp heli but I love this thing because it is so easy to fly indoors and things don't just randomly break.

Anyways I have been looking at some of the mods and I have not seen any nice looking cases for the thing. I was at Target and I saw a "12 pc stainless steel barbecue set" for half price, I guess it was a Christmas item. It came with a nice aluminum case. The dimensions of the case is 6 1/2"h X 17 1/2"w X 3" deep. I took the items out and got a 2" block of Styrofoam and cut out a spot for my controller and helicopter. I also made a 2"x2" slot for future accessories like a USB cable. I then sprayed some super 77 on the foam and put some black silk over it. I think it turned out pretty nice. I wanted a nice case for it and I think this hit the bill. I have included some pictures. I hope they load as it is my first post.
landslide03 is offline Find More Posts by landslide03
Old Dec 27, 2011, 01:52 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6,621 Posts
Landslide, welcome to the forum. You made a very nice carrying case for your helicopter! Your S107 thanks you! Mind if I asked how much you paid for the bbq set?
Old Dec 27, 2011, 06:56 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
@landslide03 : Terrific case mod!!! I've also wondered about getting some sort of case to safely transport my 107/105/110 from home to work. I'm using the original boxes that they came in but they're a little too bulky and, well, obvious. I usually wrap them up in a bag or something so that I don't announce to all my co-workers that I'm bringing my toys into the office.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 27, 2011, 09:42 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Dec 2011
30 Posts
Hi landslide03
Beautiful job with the cutouts and final presentation.
I went with a larger box for my small "fleet", it is from Home Depot- about $20., measures approx 12-1/2x18x6.
Transmitters can be stored vertically, and I lay the helicopters on their sides, stacked two on top of each other with a layer or two of foam padding in between.
sbarro is offline Find More Posts by sbarro
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:42 PM
Joined Dec 2011
62 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys. The bbq set at target was half off due to being after xmas. It cost 9.99, I didn't have any Styrofoam lying around so I bought a 2" block at the craft store for 5.00 and the cloth cost me $2.00. So overall it cost about $17.00, funny considering it costs almost the same as the heli did
landslide03 is offline Find More Posts by landslide03
Old Dec 27, 2011, 01:12 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2 Posts
wondering if any of you know a solution to my problem. i got the s107 yesterday and it was flying perfectly. today, very suddenly, it cannot fly for more than 3 seconds without having the rotors (i think balance bar and top rotor) collide and the helicopter crash. in the 3 seconds of flight, it flies out of control
thanks is offline Find More Posts by thanks
Old Dec 27, 2011, 01:33 PM
S107, S026
Nashville, TN
Joined Aug 2010
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanks View Post
wondering if any of you know a solution to my problem. i got the s107 yesterday and it was flying perfectly. today, very suddenly, it cannot fly for more than 3 seconds without having the rotors (i think balance bar and top rotor) collide and the helicopter crash. in the 3 seconds of flight, it flies out of control
Yea, seems to be an epidemic of this disease lately. Most likely the plastic pins in the upper rotor head have snapped. You will need a new rotor head. Search for an inner shaft, no one sells the head but it comes installed on a new inner shaft then you can transfer the new head to your old inner shaft. Note that there is a flat spot on the shaft that one of the screws line up with.
TSquare123 is offline Find More Posts by TSquare123
Last edited by TSquare123; Dec 27, 2011 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Adding Picure