SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 24, 2011, 03:31 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
Thanks for that bit of info...thermals in the house didn't occur to me but we have them lurking in our basement as well.
I've been thinking a lot about the 55" LCD tv we have down there and I'm pretty sure I'll be staying FAR away from it whenever possible. Your pretty brave for flying OVER it.
I flew mine over the top of the floor lamp which has a regular old lightbulb and the heli fell right down...Floor lamp really messed with the signal....!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2011, 03:38 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
I think it's the light, not the heat.
Remember - We are using i.r.
Merry Christmas fellas.
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Dec 24, 2011, 03:47 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
I think it's the light, not the heat.
Remember - We are using i.r.
Merry Christmas fellas.
Jim
The IR sensor on the heli sees the IR signature (heat gives out IR waves) from the light bulb, and that adds noise on top of Tx signal hitting the sensor, which can "confuse" the heli. I've had the S107 drop like a rock when flying over some lamps too.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Dec 24, 2011, 05:38 PM
Joined Apr 2005
419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner1751 View Post
On Amazon, Helizone Firebird prices have gone down to under $30, and new S107G versions have appeared for around $30 (colors include bright lime green).

Tom
This past Tuesday, the yellow S107G was under $20.00 apparently for just a day. Was hoping for an across the board price reduction but perhaps after Christmas??? My young son has and has flown the Swann S107G (needs a new Lipo, the repair guy, me, has too many other things that have to be done) and a red Syma 107G (bought last month for less than $20) under the Christmas tree so any future S107G purchases will be highly dependent on price.
HIR/Cer is offline Find More Posts by HIR/Cer
Old Dec 24, 2011, 07:50 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1 Posts
frequency problems

I have just gotten two of these helicopters and they are great, but i have one problem they are both on the same frequency and i try just changing with the switch on the remote but it dosn't work. does anyone know what to do so i can use both of the helicopters
cbergeson is offline Find More Posts by cbergeson
Old Dec 24, 2011, 07:56 PM
USA, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jan 2011
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbergeson View Post
I have just gotten two of these helicopters and they are great, but i have one problem they are both on the same frequency and i try just changing with the switch on the remote but it dosn't work. does anyone know what to do so i can use both of the helicopters
Bind one heli with channel A, turn off heli and charger, bind the second heli with channel B, turn on first heli/charger and you should be GTG.
Spanner1751 is offline Find More Posts by Spanner1751
Old Dec 24, 2011, 08:03 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,684 Posts
Just got three Swann attack Heli at Frys. $19 with $10 rebate. Yes, it actually rang up cheaper than the ad. So fun with three in the air.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Dec 24, 2011, 08:24 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbergeson View Post
Let's call heli one yellow and heli two red.

turn on yellow, turn on remote one with band A give it a little throttle so the yellow lifts off, land it and turn off remote one (leave yellow heli on).

turn on red, turn on remote two with band B give it a little throttle so the red lifts off, land it and turn remote two back on and enjoy having two S107 in the air at the same time.

If this does not work try the other above again but use the other Band for each heli.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Dec 24, 2011, 08:34 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,692 Posts
Oh extra note, when you turn a S107 off it will forget the band you did the bind with, it needs to be done everytime the heli is turned on, if the info in my above post does not get you anywhere, start each heli (on with it's remote on A and the other heli with it's remote on B) in different rooms so that they can not "see" each others remote, after that you can fly them in the same room.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Dec 24, 2011, 09:13 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner1751 View Post
Bind one heli with channel A, turn off heli and charger, bind the second heli with channel B, turn on first heli/charger and you should be GTG.
Works!
Now, try to fly both at the same time, yourself!!!!
Just some simple (HA!) hands eyes helis coordination!
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Last edited by Sparky Paul; Dec 25, 2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:11 AM
USA, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jan 2011
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Paul View Post
Works!
Now, try to fly both at the same time, yourself!!!!
I'm not talented enough for that
Spanner1751 is offline Find More Posts by Spanner1751
Old Dec 25, 2011, 11:27 AM
Dave Hamara
Joined Dec 2011
5 Posts
S107 with Motorola Droid

My wife gave me an S107 i.Copter for Christmas (bless her heart!). I charged everything up and downloaded the app for android. When I turn on the S107, the front light flashes blue/red, and a green light on the PC board comes on. When I press the "ON" button on the droid app, a blue light comes on on the IR transmitter module. But nothing else happens Switching between channel A and B, with the S107 on and off, etc. etc. (must have tried a dozen different combinations / permutations) has no effect. The copter just sits there, lights flashing but nothing moving. I plugged headphones into my droid and I can hear modem-like sounds that change as I manipulate the controls, so I know the app is working.
Did I get a DOA S107? Anything else I should try before packing it up and sending it back? Thanks in advance for any advice.
ishkabbible is offline Find More Posts by ishkabbible
Old Dec 25, 2011, 12:39 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,684 Posts
It could be the ir module connected to your droid that bad instead of the heli.

If you have another phone, you could put it in camera mode and use it to look at the ir bulbs. Make sure you can see the pulses of light come out when you throttle up.

Also, make sure the throttle all the way down. Upon first throttle up, that's when the Heli binds to the transmitter channel.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Dec 25, 2011, 01:48 PM
PC guru and Heli NUT!
Joined Dec 2005
631 Posts
since this is the closest one to what i got as a stocking stuffer,lol ill ask here

is this heli a clone of the s107, or its own beast?

Protocol Tracer Jet Pro helicopter, engineered for hours of indoor fun.
•Imported
•Gyro stabilizer for precise omni-directional flight
•Bright flashing multi-colored LED lights
•Realistic flight: hover, up/down, forward/backward, right/left
megaglow_Z is offline Find More Posts by megaglow_Z
Old Dec 25, 2011, 03:08 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by megaglow_Z View Post
since this is the closest one to what i got as a stocking stuffer,lol ill ask here

is this heli a clone of the s107, or its own beast?

Protocol Tracer Jet Pro helicopter, engineered for hours of indoor fun.
•Imported
•Gyro stabilizer for precise omni-directional flight
•Bright flashing multi-colored LED lights
•Realistic flight: hover, up/down, forward/backward, right/left
It looks like a clone or something else kind of close. My original and clone are both just under 8 inches long. The real Syma has blades that are very close to 7 1/2 inches across blade tip to blade tip. The Aldi's clone is closer to 7 inches tip to tip on the blades. Both fly well but when I replace blades I will have to make sure that I put 4 matched blades on them, I am sure the real syma blades even though a bit longer will be just fine on the clone.

I would advise for cooler running and a bit more sprightly flight, that you take off most of the tail fin/wings hardware, there is no aerodynamic need for them on these little guys, and a few screws out of the landing gear and metal sides of the body. There are way more than needed for structural integrity and weight is the killer in this type of helicopter.

Keep flights under 5 minutes and cool batteries and motors between flights at least 10 minutes. Most of us have extended our flight times by having multiple helicopters rather than trying to squeeze extra time out of just one.

Merry Christmas and Have Fun!

John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner