Old Dec 11, 2011, 01:06 AM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Here's the ad:

The New Syma 3 Channel H107 Mini Indoor Co-Axial Metal RC Helicopter & Built-in Gyroscope.

The new Syma H107 is a 3 channel mini indoor co-axial helicopter. The H107 comes equipped with a high grade metal body frame and a built in Gyroscope which is used to stabilize the helicopter’s heading. This model is miniature in size and its light weight makes it incredibly portable so you can take it anywhere you go. It also offers a wide infrared control and a design that is customized for indoor flying. For being only 19cm in length and weighing in at only 34grams, this mini helicopter packs a lot of power. The H107 is controlled by a 32-Level high precision speed controller, it automatically stabilizes the rotor blade system for steady lift off.
Also, the high tenacity propellers are powered by 2 solid motors with a third motor in the tail rotor, which gives this machine the power you need. The H107 comes with a high capability Li-Poly battery which is good for longer flight time, and can easily be recharged through the transmitter that is provided.
The Syma H107 is a great model for any beginner, from kids to adults. Once you get the hang of flying one of these you are ready to step up to the next level.

?????
????? is right.
Makes you wonder eh?
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2011, 01:17 AM
Joined Feb 2009
18 Posts
Hi guys,
My first on Syma 107 here. I've been having some problem after crashes from everyone in my family. The main props making some weird noise with the vibration and the heli doesn't hover steady. I have to adjust the throttle all the time to get the level flight. It climbs up and drops like a rock by itself also the vibration when go about 1/4 throttle. I just had a baby and couldnt go fly my planes, so this heli is the only option for me now. Just wanna get it back to normal and then the mods.
Pls let me know what should be the suspect?
Thx everyone/ happy holidays 
jiggadude is offline Find More Posts by jiggadude
Last edited by jiggadude; Dec 11, 2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 04:24 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggadude View Post
Hi guys,
My first on Syma 107 here. I've been having some problem after crashes from everyone in my family. The main props making some weird noise with the vibration and the heli doesn't hover steady. I have to adjust the throttle all the time to get the level flight. It climbs up and drops like a rock by itself also the vibration when go about 1/4 throttle. I just had a baby and couldnt go fly my planes, so this heli is the only option for me now. Just wanna get it back to normal and then the mods.
Pls let me know what should be the suspect?
Thx everyone/ happy holidays 
Either the flybar or the pins holding the bladgrips to the shaft.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Dec 11, 2011, 04:26 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,366 Posts
It does say GYROSTAR on the box, and the gyrostar is listed as a Syma s107 on xheli website.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 01:18 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1 Posts
I just received my syma s107 heli and i plugged the usb and the light stays on when i plug into the heli, i left it like that for 10 minutes and no charge. i tried the charger on the remote and still a no go, what up? any help appreciated.
ulyses43 is offline Find More Posts by ulyses43
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:15 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,432 Posts
Have you tried to fly it yet.
It should have a full charge if the charge light stays on when plugged in.

If that's not it you have a defective battery, charger, or receiver board. Send it back if so.

John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Dec 11, 2011, 04:49 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulyses43 View Post
I just received my syma s107 heli and i plugged the usb and the light stays on when i plug into the heli, i left it like that for 10 minutes and no charge. i tried the charger on the remote and still a no go, what up? any help appreciated.
You did turn off the heli, right?

Try the charger in the transmitter and see what happens. May have a bad usb cable.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 02:08 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
It does say GYROSTAR on the box, and the gyrostar is listed as a Syma s107 on xheli website.
It also says "HERO RC" in the lower right corner of the box. The same "HERO RC" logo is on the remote controller. Use "Ctrl +" to zoom in on the photo if using IE8 or Firefox.

That almost sounds like a brand name. I don't think these are Symas, even though XHeli's description says so. I'd think if it was a Syma it would say so on the box in plain sight.

Maybe they are built by Syma for XHeli under the "HERO RC" brand? ... hard to tell what kind of shenanigans go on with these helis.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Last edited by Hayabusa Heli; Dec 13, 2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:10 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,366 Posts
I got this off of their website:

About Us
Hero RC, (HRC) is RCtoy company within North America Founded in 2011, HRC is the technical operations center for High-performance RC toy programs.
A professionally designed RC toy that effectively communicates your brand has the ability to turn site visitors into lifetime business relationships. A custom designed can be the gateway to achieving your sales and marketing goals. A great idea can turn in to great company, it’s imperative that your RC toy lives up to your corporate image.
A branded online presence has become a necessity for every company large and small. HeroRC takes a measured and calculated approach when designing a RC toy for your company, we engage in proven methods for converting web traffic in to paying customers.
Here is how it works, when you make the decision to work with HeroRC, a team member will contact you immediately to assess your specific needs, after that brief conversation your new personal representative will begin the RC toy design process with your goals as a company at the very heart of your custom web design, throughout the design process it’s not uncommon for your rep to reach out several times along the way ensuring that we are properly representing your desired business web page design. We pride ourselves on our customer service and our ability to design RC toys that go above and beyond!

Our factories is located in Laimei Industrial park Chenghai District Shantou CityGuangdong China,It is a large-scale enterprise with our own designing,manufacturing and trading.Currently, we do have spacious standardized workshops,modern office and dormitories.And we dohave advanced equipment for scientific research, production,and testing.Design,mould center,assembling center,highly qualified technical and managing team, solid technical force.,and it do help us to set up a complete production management system..The electric Co-axial Micro helicopter series whichsuit to the beginner,anyone can enjoy in the first time flight.And our product have stable performance,it's easy to control, enjoy great popularity in the worldwide.Our company takes the theme of :"Technological
Innovation & People First".we will continue to grow and strive to produce original, innovativelyengineered top quality products to share with our worldwide customers
Old Dec 12, 2011, 03:26 PM
Joined Nov 2011
9 Posts
I recently purchased a Aldi clone of the s107. Interestingly, the clone says s107 on the heli body. It is sold by a company called World Tech Toys and the box calls it a Phantom. Price was 24.95. I also have a Syma s107 which I like much better. It is much easier to control in small quarters.
Mr. Larry is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Larry
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:18 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,499 Posts
I took advantage of the serious overcast and flew a couple of IR helis outside...
Both crashed after getting about 30' away.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:53 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,742 Posts
Outside range for IR is expected to be limited. But what I've noticed was that I often forgot to aim my Tx at the helicopter. I am so used to not pointing the Tx at the helicopter indoors, because the IR signal is bouncing off walls and ceiling and everything else, that I usually forgets that there is nothing outside to reflect the signal. I find that I could fly it much better if I remembered to aim the Tx.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 13, 2011, 08:04 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Outside range for IR is expected to be limited. But what I've noticed was that I often forgot to aim my Tx at the helicopter. I am so used to not pointing the Tx at the helicopter indoors, because the IR signal is bouncing off walls and ceiling and everything else, that I usually forgets that there is nothing outside to reflect the signal. I find that I could fly it much better if I remembered to aim the Tx.
Instructions say range is 30 feet.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 08:46 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,892 Posts
30 feet--and they mean it!

Just before Thanksgiving this year, I took my 2-week old S107G to work and flew it around a big atrium (used mainly as a cafeteria) in my building that had a vaulted ceiling with skylights. I was able to get the helicopter up to the second floor railing of the room but quickly found out just how important it was for me to keep those LED aimed right at the helicopter. Thank goodness the S107G is so tough. It tumbled about 12-15 feet before flopping into a chair and (thankfully) taking no damage in the process. It was a lot of fun but it's quite amazing how strong the air currents are in big indoor rooms like that. It was quite the challenge to keep the helicopter from being blown into the walls.

Since we're on the topic of flights in unconventional places, I've opened up the back door of my house and flown the S107G outside a few times at night just to see how it performs. Man, even on a "still" night, there are still periodic gusts of wind that will blow your little copter nearly out of IR range with almost no effort. The last time I did that I had to fish my helicopter out of the bushes and ended up with quite a few scrapes and a broken tail blade for my troubles.

I do like to fly the S107G near the air vents in my house. When the heating comes on, there's quite a powerful current of air that's makes flying quite challenging. It's almost like trying to swim upstream. Of course, it's great fun when you get right up to the vent and ride the current back down. Wheeeee!
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2011, 09:12 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,822 Posts
Quote:
Instructions say range is 30 feet.
I have no use to go more than 30 feet (especially outside) but there is a mod for further distance if anyone is interested.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...+range&page=94

djdavies83 did an experiment and reported getting more distance modding the TX.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012