HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2011, 11:59 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,834 Posts
Daryoon, I really liked the way you tucked away the wires. My S107 has a mess of wires. Also, I saw that you have foam added in the battery tray and sticky stuff to hold the battery flat on top of the tray. Would it be possible to lay the battery on its side, so that it actually sit inside the tray? I suppose that we would have to rotate the connector by 90 degrees and get it somewhat at the right height.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2011, 12:03 AM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
5,516 Posts
Heli Pad. Sound I do some enlargements of my work so you can stare at it? LOL

If you remove the plastic from the battery. Or trim down the ridges, then you can slide along the slot.

You never even asked me about my alternate battery mount. :P
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Dec 06, 2011, 12:20 AM
Joined Aug 2011
5,834 Posts
Battery laying on the side

That would be something like this photo. Sorry about the stock battery hanging in the background, because I haven't done the battery mod, yet.

I also see jlk69's point about the battery being a bit tight, because my nano tech 160 seems a bit too long to fit. Perhaps cleaning up the wires would help.

Daryoon, what other battery mount? Now, I think I'm missing something
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:47 PM
Happy Newbie
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Oct 2011
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
The second mod just takes that concept one step further and demonstrates how you can reuse the battery protection circuit in the stock battery, to make it not only easier to connect and disconnect the battery...but retain the USB charging feature. But of course, this mod is for those who are comfortable with a soldering iron.

I'll try and get a clearer photo. Keep in mind that I only shared the mod. I didn't do a how-to like I did with the Canopy mod yet. And I am not sure if I am going to...because there hasn't been much interest IMHO, and many people find soldering difficult.
Please consider this a humble request for that battery-mod how to. There is interest!

I've been looking at all the various battery mods as I collect the necessary pieces and tools (my soldering iron is old and cold and sucks ass, for instance, so I need a new one), and would love to see the nitty-gritty of yours, it seems awesome!

It does bring up one question... Can the battery protection circuits (BPC) be daisy-chained w/o interference? I'm wondering because my original plan was just to add plugs to stock batteries on the board side (IE, keeping protection circuit w/ battery), so if I deconstruct one battery to use it's BPC in the mod, will any other batteries need to be deconstructed too, or will their on-board (as it were) BPC play nicely with the upstream one?
Scurvy is offline Find More Posts by Scurvy
Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:48 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,027 Posts
Blue Syma S107g clone flight tonight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19PibjVwx3s
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:22 AM
For us He died, in me He lives
Clinton Twp, MI
Joined Dec 2008
5,088 Posts
latest favorite sources...

Heli Pad, thanks for steering me here man. Really appreciate your help.

Folks, if I could just get some quick help/opinions/advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Home alone with my 1 yr old and trying to do chores so I don't have much pc time to research & read through threads so please bare with me if this is the millionth time this has been asked this week...

Per the usual trend these days, the wife is getting me the S107G for Christmas and I was just wondering what is the latest favorite sources, such as Amazon for ordering these little gems. Yes I know a clone might slip in and I'll have to take my chances. Times growing short so I was hoping to order tonight if I could figure out my best bet.

Again, any help anyone could offer will be greatly appreciated. I promise not to ask anything else about this as I know it's probably a bit bothersome.

Thx!
jimmy

ps... Jake, nice flying with the blue clone!
Jimmy JFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy JFlyer
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:58 AM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,365 Posts
Hi Jimmy
If you have an Aldi's Grocery store they had them a month ago for $24.99. You might get lucky and see one or 2 left.

Amazon and NewEgg are the safest and quickest for online sales and prices seem to go up and down almost daily at those 2 places.

Most shopping malls have a kiosk with super inflated prices, like $49.99 for an S107G if you are really desparate.

Don't be afraid of the Udi brand either if you can find one. Their U807 is just like a Syma S107g but about an inch shorter. Parts are available for Syma and Udi, but be careful with many other toy store off brands.

John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Dec 10, 2011, 04:18 PM
Clinton Twp, MI
Joined Dec 2008
5,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post
Hi Jimmy
If you have an Aldi's Grocery store they had them a month ago for $24.99. You might get lucky and see one or 2 left.

John in Merrill
Seriously?!
Yup, I am 5 minutes from one. I know where I'm heading after dinner.
Thx for the tip John!
Old Dec 10, 2011, 05:08 PM
Joined Aug 2011
5,834 Posts
Caution: As Jake has already indicated, ALDI sells a Fake S107. They fly fine out of the box, but if you need any repair work down the road, especially electronics, you're on your own!
Old Dec 10, 2011, 07:08 PM
Clinton Twp, MI
Joined Dec 2008
5,088 Posts
Heli, I ended up ordering the one you linked me to on Amazon by AXHELI. I got a 110 wall charger adapter to make it 27.00 for free shipping.

Wierd thing is that once the order showed what was what, it said "sold by urgahan" or some strange name like that. I quit out & redid it and it said the same thing again. I was thinking that it should have said "sold by AXHeli". But the order always generated from their store so I just went for it and I'll hope for the best.

Has anyone seen that before?
Old Dec 10, 2011, 07:42 PM
Joined Aug 2011
5,834 Posts
Jimmy, You must meant Egrandbuy, Inc. That's their seller name with Amazon. Don't ask me why, but it has always been like that. You are fine, and your helicopter should be on it's way soon. A wall charger is a good investment. Good move.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 09:40 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,027 Posts
Syma H107

Here is the pictures of the new Syma H107???????
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:00 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
Jake,
That box does not say Syma. It looks like this may be a clone?
Confused.
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:13 PM
Clinton Twp, MI
Joined Dec 2008
5,088 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Jimmy, You must meant Egrandbuy, Inc. That's their seller name with Amazon. Don't ask me why, but it has always been like that. You are fine, and your helicopter should be on it's way soon. A wall charger is a good investment. Good move.
Yup, that was the name. That's good to hear. This all worked out perfect. Free shipping and an easier way to charge.

Thx again for the guidance brother!

jimmy
Old Dec 10, 2011, 11:22 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Jake,
That box does not say Syma. It looks like this may be a clone?
Confused.
Jim
Here's the ad:

The New Syma 3 Channel H107 Mini Indoor Co-Axial Metal RC Helicopter & Built-in Gyroscope.

The new Syma H107 is a 3 channel mini indoor co-axial helicopter. The H107 comes equipped with a high grade metal body frame and a built in Gyroscope which is used to stabilize the helicopter’s heading. This model is miniature in size and its light weight makes it incredibly portable so you can take it anywhere you go. It also offers a wide infrared control and a design that is customized for indoor flying. For being only 19cm in length and weighing in at only 34grams, this mini helicopter packs a lot of power. The H107 is controlled by a 32-Level high precision speed controller, it automatically stabilizes the rotor blade system for steady lift off.
Also, the high tenacity propellers are powered by 2 solid motors with a third motor in the tail rotor, which gives this machine the power you need. The H107 comes with a high capability Li-Poly battery which is good for longer flight time, and can easily be recharged through the transmitter that is provided.
The Syma H107 is a great model for any beginner, from kids to adults. Once you get the hang of flying one of these you are ready to step up to the next level.

?????