HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 03, 2011, 08:20 PM
Joined Oct 2011
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSquare123 View Post
I meant, if it is flying in circles, without input from you, but the nose stays pointing in the one direction. That is TBE. If it is spinning then there is a different problem.
Oh ok then I have TBE. Ever since the problem started It is so freaking fast I can fly it outside with 2mph winds! Its just not stable inside for some reason. Any ideas?
Bulletproof RC is offline Find More Posts by Bulletproof RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2011, 09:22 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,701 Posts
Bullet, Are you saying that your S107 is doing TBE circle when it hovers, and it is flying faster than before? However, is it less stable than before, as if it likes to swing and pendulum before it settles down?

A wild guess, really. But I think you might have broken a pin in the rotor head. Because of it, the upper blades and the flybar that is linked to it, is enjoying a bit of more freedom that they were intended to have. Therefore, the heli is pitching more forward, flying faster than it should be. But the downside is that the flybar can't stabilize the heli and it is giving you the TBE.

If you like, you could take apart the upper blade grip to examine the pins in the rotor head that support and restrict the movements. My guess is that you might find what's in the picture below.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 03, 2011, 09:40 PM
S107, S026
Nashville, TN
Joined Aug 2010
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof RC View Post
Oh ok then I have TBE. Ever since the problem started It is so freaking fast I can fly it outside with 2mph winds! Its just not stable inside for some reason. Any ideas?
If the rotor head is not broken, then the only other thing I can think of is maybe the battery came loose and is too far forward in the cockpit. But that would keep it from hovering. It would want to always move forward. My guess is that one or both of the pins in the head are broken but have not snapped in two yet. Like Heli Pad said, the upper rotors have a little extra freedom but it won't last. When they do snap, as soon as the heli lifts off the ground the upper rotor will get so unstable that the blades and the flybar will get tangled and it will come crashing back down. Been there, done that.
TSquare123 is offline Find More Posts by TSquare123
Old Dec 04, 2011, 10:08 AM
College Station, TX
Joined Jul 2009
882 Posts
So far the S107G that was purchased off Amazon from X-Heli flies excellent, but after landing and falling over, it did exibit the TBE. Not hovering, but doing a 5 foot wide swirl. Upon inspecting the main rotors, I found that one rotor hinge was slightly tight. Simply excersizing that pivot point a couple of times fixed the problem. Make sure that the main blade pivots are VERY free to turn and no binding is present.

Thanks all that responded to my question of what "CHA" means. I will copy & paste your valuable binding instructions (and their not even in CHINGLISH), a Christmas without too much chinglish is good

Still interested in trying the PCB in other mini helis.

Have a great day!

Doug
43851E is offline Find More Posts by 43851E
Old Dec 04, 2011, 05:10 PM
Ascended Master
Palmdale, CA
Joined Oct 2000
13,499 Posts
I flew the S107 inside, behind me, with the transmitter in front of me, facing away from the heli.
Everything works.
Took it outside.
In the shade of the car port, it flies, until the line-of-sight from the transmitter to the receiver is interfered with.. then it crashes.
Out in the direct sunlight, that all-band IR source immobilizes it.
Sparky Paul is offline Find More Posts by Sparky Paul
Old Dec 04, 2011, 07:47 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Jake, I saw that on their web site. But honestly, I don't know what to make of it. They call it the "H107". However, based on the description and the pictures, I just saw a S107. Did you see anything new about this "new" helicopter? If everything is the same as the S107, I don't want to pay the higher price.
Title says H107 and so does the text, but they show a photo of the S107. Don't know if it's just a typo or what, but I see nothing new about this so called "H107" model.

http://www.xheli.com/56h-h107-yellow.html

http://www.xheli.com/56h-h107-blue.html
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Dec 04, 2011, 08:45 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,701 Posts
S105/S107 Canopy/Battery Mod

Dear S107 Owners,

You are owners of one of the best 3-channel helicopters that have ever been made. I'm sure that many of you have wished that there was a simple solution to extend the flight time beyond 5 minutes. Many attempts have been made, but my friend, Daryoon, has recently published a mod that I think is the best solution I have seen so far. Unfortunately, by the time the video has finished uploading, you might have already missed it. So this announcement mostly serves as a bump to his posts. I hope that you all get a chance to review, comment, and adopt his ideas.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=9784

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=9735

http://www.hacksmods.com/2011/12/sim...le-canopy-mod/

Syma Removable Canopy mod (6 min 35 sec)

What is so special about this mod? I like this mod because it addresses two key problems at the same time. First, it is a battery upgrade mod. With it, you could simply unplug the depleted battery, insert a fully charged battery, perhaps give the motor a brief moment to cool down, then keep flying. It uses the space inside of the canopy. It does not change the CoG. It provides the flexibility of charging a whole bunch of hobby grade batteries with your external charger. At the same time, it preserves the on-board recharging function. It does not add extra weight to the helicopter. With one Parkzone connector, you could use a dozen different brands/sizes of battery of your choice.

Secondly, it addresses the removing and replacing canopy issue. The "removable battery" idea is not original. It has been attempted many times before. However, most of these attempts stopped short of the canopy issue. Most of you know that gaining access to the inside of the canopy is a pain. You need a small size screw driver to remove the two screws. They are easy to lose. Then when are done, you have to use tools to reverse the process. As a result, most battery mods involves a battery hanging below the helicopter body, on the skid or something. The canopy mod gives you a simple way to remove and replace the canopy with no tools required. It's quick, but it is not flimsy. It is very secure. The canopy will not become undone during flights or dare I say, crashes? You do not need to cut into the canopy.

By combining these two mods, you have a quick access to the battery compartment. You could quickly replace the battery and minimize wait time. After the mod, it looks virtually the same as the original stock.

I hope that you would enjoy these ideas, apply them to your own situations. Let us know of your own improvements. Let make our beloved S107 even better than it is.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Last edited by Heli Pad; Dec 04, 2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2011, 08:47 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Title says H107 and so does the text, but they show a photo of the S107. Don't know if it's just a typo or what, but I see nothing new about this so called "H107" model.

http://www.xheli.com/56h-h107-yellow.html

http://www.xheli.com/56h-h107-blue.html
If you look at the page that lists all the 3 channels, it say no image...so I'm guessing they are just using a pic and video of the S107 until they get real photos.
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Dec 04, 2011, 09:23 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,325 Posts
Saw this floating around somewhere...

Old Dec 05, 2011, 05:12 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Bullet, Are you saying that your S107 is doing TBE circle when it hovers, and it is flying faster than before? However, is it less stable than before, as if it likes to swing and pendulum before it settles down?

A wild guess, really. But I think you might have broken a pin in the rotor head. Because of it, the upper blades and the flybar that is linked to it, is enjoying a bit of more freedom that they were intended to have. Therefore, the heli is pitching more forward, flying faster than it should be. But the downside is that the flybar can't stabilize the heli and it is giving you the TBE.

If you like, you could take apart the upper blade grip to examine the pins in the rotor head that support and restrict the movements. My guess is that you might find what's in the picture below.
If you are really handy, there is a temp fix to keep you in the air until new parts come in. Carefully drill out where the broken pin is (don't go all the way thru). Get one of those large paper clips....cut a piece off that is long enough. Epoxy the paper clip into the hole you made. When it is totally dry, put a small shrink tube over it if there is slop and put the sucker back together. Should work long enough till replacement parts come in.

Peace!
Old Dec 05, 2011, 10:14 AM
The Dude Abides
Brockport
Joined Sep 2005
315 Posts
I am hooked but have TBE with my new Syma 107 after the second flight....!
I usually post in the scratchbuild forum but winter forces me inside and I love these micro helis.

Crashed it from 15 feet onto hardwood floor and I have TBE of about 3 foot circles
I will try the following as suggested above;
1. Check battery, make secure
2. Check ball linkages
3. take apart and reassemble upper rotor and flybar (any pointers on this would be helpful)

If anyone can offer other advice I would be very grateful. My four year old sond and I miss flying our new toy!!
Thank you....Beemus
Beemus is offline Find More Posts by Beemus
Old Dec 05, 2011, 10:18 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemus View Post
I usually post in the scratchbuild forum but winter forces me inside and I love these micro helis.

Crashed it from 15 feet onto hardwood floor and I have TBE of about 3 foot circles
2. Check ball linkages
3. take apart and reassemble upper rotor and flybar (any pointers on this would be helpful)

If anyone can offer other advice I would be very grateful. My four year old sond and I miss flying our new toy!!
Thank you....Beemus
Don't crash!
Old Dec 05, 2011, 10:37 AM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,672 Posts
Quote:

2. Check ball linkages

Thank you....Beemus
Check that stuff first. Heli Pad posted a pic above, of a broken rotor head.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Dec 05, 2011, 11:47 AM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:

2. Check ball linkages

Thank you....Beemus
Hi Beemus, glad to hear you enjoyed your Syma S107G.
I enjoy flying my 2 Syma S107G,a Syma S109G, a Udi U807G, and an E-flite Blade MSr (a real Hobby grade 2.4 GHz indoor-outdoor Chopper). I think alternating 3 or 4 of these little helicopters helps cool the batteries and motors between flights, as well as keeps you flying if one breaks down.

I suggest you order at least 2 more helicopters and some spare blades and motors. If you can find an Aldi's grocery store near you they may still have a few of the S107G clones that were on sale there 3 weeks ago. My store still had a few at $24.99 las week.

John in Merrill

PS An additional check on your helicopter would be to check the blades and blade grips. I have tamed the erratic flight of a few of mine by making sure the blades are not overly loose or tight in those blade holders. I do this by screwing the blade holder screws in until the blades are just bareley snug, then loosen the screws just a touch until the blades can slide forward and back freely again. Too tight or too loose can cause some eratic flight, and remember to check all 4 blades.
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Last edited by jgestner; Dec 05, 2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old Dec 05, 2011, 12:08 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
edit repeat post
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Last edited by jgestner; Dec 05, 2011 at 12:09 PM. Reason: repeat post