HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:33 PM
Sweden, Stockholm
Joined Oct 2011
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
I believe all you do is flip the motor/housing up side down so it's pointed downward. I don't have this particular mod but, I'm sure that's all you do.

Mike.

Here's the page I just found:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post18652733
Oh, then my bad! I thought you installed a motor from the PiccoZ and hence got the speed. But then all you do is change the angle of attack of the tail rotor prop. Maybe i should try to change the AoA of my stock tail rotor a couple of degrees :roll eyes:
Or ill just order a set from Klippie and flip the motor mount around...
Any decrease in flight time after doing this? Guessing the motor must work harder to cope with a higher pitch prop.
Thanks!
Pierrel is offline Find More Posts by Pierrel
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:39 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
^^^
No decrease in flight time that I have noticed P.
What I did (very simple) in addition to what I mentioned in my previous post:
Take the canopy off...center that battery laterally in the mount and at the same time move it forward a bit for more forward bias. Reinstall canopy. Disconnect the l.e.d. (less power drain).
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:41 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierrel View Post
Oh, then my bad! I thought you installed a motor from the PiccoZ and hence got the speed. But then all you do is change the angle of attack of the tail rotor prop. Maybe i should try to change the AoA of my stock tail rotor a couple of degrees :roll eyes:
Or ill just order a set from Klippie and flip the motor mount around...
Any decrease in flight time after doing this? Guessing the motor must work harder to cope with a higher pitch prop.
Thanks!
Just keep your flight time to 5 minutes. Rest 10 minutes before and after a charge

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:00 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,124 Posts
Has any weigh the Picooz tail rotor? I am curious. Thanks.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 29, 2011, 10:11 PM
College Station, TX
Joined Jul 2009
882 Posts
Just PM'ed Mr. Klippie for 6 Picooz tail rotors.

Thanks for all that donated their hard work, time & thoughts here on this thread.

Hey guyz, I have to tell ya...I've been into RC for 30+ years, started many too (which fills the heart) but as of late my mother says that finally my step Dad (of 30+ years) wants one of those "little remote helicoptors" that he can fly around the house with. After days of reviewing posts, it all came down to the Syma 107G. So I purchased 2 from X-Heli. "CHA" stamped underneath the charging port I see, and the xmitter both CH-A & CH-B. Both are the exact same color & channel too? There was no way to contact the seller via Amazon ($22 ea w/ free 2 day shipping for prime members) So this is the question; are there both channel A & B? Could one fly both at the same time, no I could'nt try that. They have the red PCB, are real, and mind you the 1st flight was rock stable.

So with all the mods I did on my old non gyro metal mini coptors (and I'm a modder) I thought that I might as well attempt to play around with installing one of these PCBs in the non-gyro bird. It's about 11 inches long, but flies great, just does the spin on a dime thing. With a carbon boom even. I have 2 of them. Love to upgrade the brains, however I realize that the electronics (FETs) will be burdend with the extra load. I guess an alternate question would be: What other PCB/bird's PCB could be had that may handle the larger motors? I apoligese for the off topic question.

OK, so wifey just sat down at the laptop w/ the earphones in, time to do my 2nd flight.............))))))))))

Best, Doug
43851E is offline Find More Posts by 43851E
Last edited by 43851E; Nov 29, 2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:06 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Has any weigh the Picooz tail rotor? I am curious. Thanks.
It is not a weight factor. It is the same or less than the oem rotor.
Jim
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:29 PM
S107, S026
Nashville, TN
Joined Aug 2010
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43851E View Post
"CHA" stamped underneath the charging port I see, and the xmitter both CH-A & CH-B. Both are the exact same color & channel too? There was no way to contact the seller via Amazon ($22 ea w/ free 2 day shipping for prime members) So this is the question; are there both channel A & B? Could one fly both at the same time, no I could'nt try that. They have the red PCB, are real, and mind you the 1st flight was rock stable.
The "CHA" is Chinese shorthand for "Charge". You can fly both at the same time, you just have to turn them on one at a time. If I remember correctly the steps are:
Turn on heli A.
Turn on transmitter A.
Move throttle to bind with the heli.
Turn off transmitter A. LEAVE HELI A ON.

Turn on heli B.
Turn on transmitter B.
Move throttle to bind with heli.

Turn on transmitter A.

Have fun knocking each other out of the sky.
TSquare123 is offline Find More Posts by TSquare123
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:57 PM
Joined Apr 2005
375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky Paul View Post
The price didn't last long!
I shoulda taken them up on that...
A missed opportunity! Now at $28.48.
HIR/Cer is offline Find More Posts by HIR/Cer
Old Nov 30, 2011, 03:11 AM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
i got two off ebay for $2 each on cyber monday
chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:45 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Hi, Jake, I just watched your video. I spent most of the time watching the DOG! LOL

Although it's hard to tell from just that video angle, me thinks that my S107 could match that speed. But now that you mentioned it, I went back and check your photos on the ALDA and you are not kidding! The tail rotor has reversed pitch. No wonder your piccoz is a drop in. Where do you buy piccoz cheap?
I had a bunch of old havoc heli parts...need some?
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:47 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Flip the tail motor...take off the fins.
Looks weird at first but now when I see a normal 107 it looks weird to me.
I am soooo acustomed to the motor pointing down...and no it doesn't put it in harms way (in my case anyway)...just don't crash
Jim
Don't have to do that with the ALDIs clones...the motor spins oposite and uses a different tail rotor. Piccoz fit right on and really make this thing move.
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:45 AM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,240 Posts
Yes, we know
Unfortunately...Aldi copters are all gone.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:16 AM
United States, NJ
Joined Jul 2011
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43851E View Post
So this is the question; are there both channel A & B? Could one fly both at the same time, no I could'nt try that. They have the red PCB, are real, and mind you the 1st flight was rock stable.
Best, Doug
Yep. Put one on A, one on B. Go to different rooms, or point remotes opposite each other, basically you don't want the remotes and heli's to "see" each other during start up. Turn on remotes then heli's and you should be good to go. Works for me.
Big_Kid is offline Find More Posts by Big_Kid
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:41 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,217 Posts
Big_Kid got the right idea. But going into different room is not necessary. S107 searches for channel signature at power up. As long as you don't turn on two S107s at once, and while they were both waiting an initial command, and you throw throttle on your Tx - then they will bind to the same channel. Do one pair at a time: Heli/Tx/Heli/Tx, like TSquare suggested, and you're okay. In other words, if you do Heli/Heli/.../Heli/Tx, then all the helis (as many as you want) would be on the same channel!
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Nov 30, 2011, 06:41 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,124 Posts
Battery Mod show and tell

Here's one way to mod the Syma battery to use the E-Flite/Parkzone style battery.

• Take the charging circuit from the stock Syma s107s.
  • Solder on a mini/pico/parkzone adapter You can glue down to secure the connector even more. I used medium CA.
  • Solder on a couple of legs from LED to reach the positive and negative terminal. Creative bending and extra solder at right angle corners help add strength.

I put a piece of foam in the battery tray to have a flat surface, from which you can use fiberglass carpet tape as I have. Or velcro as you see fit. The battery actually get's secured up against the plug because the canopy pushes up on it from the rear. You can get creative here if you'd like.

I hope this inspires your own ideas. Definitely share if you have any. I already have a second version that let's you slide the battery in at a diagonal with the board and plug towards the nose of the heli. This requires cutting a slot in your battery tray to securely hold the battery charging circuit board at the right angle. Some people might prefer that orientation better. When I get a chance, I'll mod my second heli this way as proof of concept.

With the battery interface neatly stowed behind the canopy where it belongs, how does one easily get inside?

Stay tune... See this post here:
http://www.hacksmods.com/2011/12/sim...le-canopy-mod/
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Last edited by Daryoon; Dec 05, 2011 at 11:05 PM.