HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:13 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,338 Posts
Drats. I just put some nail polish remover on some cloth to clean the inside of the s107 canopy. Watch it disintegrate before my eyes. My unique, silver s105/107 body is now in the trash. Just as I was putting it together to show Heli Pad tonight too! Next time, I grab the rubbing alcohol instead. This is a first for me.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:22 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:29 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,338 Posts
LOL. Yeah, when that happens. You stop modding and troll the forums.

I guess I should mod my other bird, the stock one to have something to show you tonight. Or perhaps I can do the hinge mod at the meet up tonight. Whadda you think?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:38 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
Wait, what do I have for Daryoon tonight? Could it be a S105 with a silver/blue canopy and a S107R5 board? Hmmm... Why do I have this freaky 6th sense about you? Hahahahahaha So, I'll say let's wait until tonight.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:49 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,338 Posts
LOL!!! No way. FREAKY!!!
Ok, I'll mod it tonight then. Well, not really. It's just a matter of peeling off the tape and sticking it on the new body. I already did all the mods at home. hehe

I'll bring you some extra prototype pieces in case it passes your test and you wanna help with the next step.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:52 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Drats. I just put some nail polish remover on some cloth to clean the inside of the s107 canopy. Watch it disintegrate before my eyes. My unique, silver s105/107 body is now in the trash. Just as I was putting it together to show Heli Pad tonight too! Next time, I grab the rubbing alcohol instead. This is a first for me.
WOW Daryoon, so sorry to hear that man. Bummer. It can be replaced. I have heard of worst mistakes. The best advise I can offer now is, never be afraid/shy/feel funny, to ask even the simplest of questions. The worst thing you can ever do in your life is "assume." Never, ever "assume" anything

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Nov 29, 2011, 04:09 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,338 Posts
Thanks Mike. I definitely agree with your philosophy.But you gotta know people that would know the answer. And then have the time to help.

Unfortunately for myself, I have learn that most questions I have, people won't have the answer for me. So I learn to find the answer the hard way. By tinkering and figuring it out myself.

I am glad there's the internet now. More chances that the answer to my question is already discussed somewhere. Forums like this is great of course.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 07:21 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,251 Posts
Me thinks that the syma 107g clone is alot faster (forward flight) than the original. One thing, the motor spins the opposite of the original and putting on a piccoz prop requires no mod...tried that and it was way too fast for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDQ7-lMewd8
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Nov 29, 2011, 07:33 PM
Nashua, NH
Joined Nov 2008
184 Posts
New Subscriber

Just got my S107 this afternoon.

A Little Over 33.00 from Amazon.

Charged the Heli using the USB cord.
Popped the batteries into the TX.

This is definitely Easy to Fly.
I can see why this little Heli is so Popular.

There are over 600 Replies to this Thread.
I Have some reading to do to get caught Up.

Regards,
Brian76239
Brian76239 is offline Find More Posts by Brian76239
Old Nov 29, 2011, 07:40 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
Brian, welcome to the club. Good news is you're in the right place. Bad news is there are over 600 PAGES of replies, not 600 replies. There are 15 replies in one page. I'm posting reply #9715 here. So, good luck reading, or just ask. We're here to help.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 07:46 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,495 Posts
Hi, Jake, I just watched your video. I spent most of the time watching the DOG! LOL

Although it's hard to tell from just that video angle, me thinks that my S107 could match that speed. But now that you mentioned it, I went back and check your photos on the ALDA and you are not kidding! The tail rotor has reversed pitch. No wonder your piccoz is a drop in. Where do you buy piccoz cheap?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 08:01 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Hi, Jake, I just watched your video. I spent most of the time watching the DOG! LOL

Although it's hard to tell from just that video angle, me thinks that my S107 could match that speed. But now that you mentioned it, I went back and check your photos on the ALDA and you are not kidding! The tail rotor has reversed pitch. No wonder your piccoz is a drop in. Where do you buy piccoz cheap?
Klippie sells them:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1348291

Mike.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 08:41 PM
Sweden, Stockholm
Joined Oct 2011
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Are these only the rotors, or the motor as well? For about 1 dollar this upgrade might be worth it
Guessing with a "real" S107, i need to do some soldering to reverse the engine rotation?
Thanks guys, still new to this. Way more complicated than cars :P
Pierrel is offline Find More Posts by Pierrel
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:10 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierrel View Post
Are these only the rotors, or the motor as well? For about 1 dollar this upgrade might be worth it
Guessing with a "real" S107, i need to do some soldering to reverse the engine rotation?
I believe all you do is flip the motor/housing up side down so it's pointed downward. I don't have this particular mod but, I'm sure that's all you do.

Mike.

Here's the page I just found:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...8#post18652733
Last edited by Chap1012; Nov 29, 2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:32 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierrel View Post
Flip the tail motor...take off the fins.
Looks weird at first but now when I see a normal 107 it looks weird to me.
I am soooo acustomed to the motor pointing down...and no it doesn't put it in harms way (in my case anyway)...just don't crash
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp